Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    help! i uninstall the precorder before undate my pre to 1.3.5 and re-installed is no longer working..
    Precorder 0.3.5 works on webOS 1.3.5

See the wiki page for how to install it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    from terminal

precorder-bootstrap : line 1: syntax error: newline unexpected

tried again and install worked
    0b recordings but making progress...
    will try different settings

...Yay!
    working
    Last edited by Mannyman; 12/30/2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: update
    ok i used the command line to install precorder and its here and it opens up but i cant see the vids i record i dont know if they r saving
    I had no problem installing Terminal and bootstrapping Precorder. I get no problem launching or running the app. But:

When I tap Launch Last Video, Precorder drops to a card, and then I get a landscape error:

Error

There was an error playing the file

[Back]

When I check Videos, there's nothing new in there, so my best guess is that Precorder's not actually recording anything.

I'm on 1.3.5, running multiple patches and a theme.

Help?
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I had no problem installing Terminal and bootstrapping Precorder. I get no problem launching or running the app. But:

When I tap Launch Last Video, Precorder drops to a card, and then I get a landscape error:

Error

[Back]

When I check Videos, there's nothing new in there, so my best guess is that Precorder's not actually recording anything.

Help?
    same.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    I for one would have rather bought my phone 6 months ago and had this great phone to use, than wait a year longer just to have a Video camera, GPU, and a few other things.
    Yes. You and just about everyone else on this site. The Pre is a ok phone. It could be a awesome phone if Palm was to really start putting some real work into it. Like someone above said. 95% of the work has come from the public. Granted Palm's resources may be limited but if a regular person with very limited time and resources can get a semi-working app/patch like this off the ground. What is taking Palm so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post

Error

[Back]

Help?
    same :/
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    just installed via command line- works like a charm. Very cool...looking fwd to this thing getting refined, but pretty psyched with this alpha version for now. Love this phone & great folks as webOS Internals!!
    Okay so I just had a run-in with preware messing up my phone... This "precorder" thing... What exactly is it? How does it work, and How do I get it? Im kind of new to this.... I just need a little help...
    i have installed the precorder on my phone and it worked great the first couple times....then all of a sudden, when i recorded things i couldn't find the recordings. Well i have found them, for some reason they are saving to my music folder and i cannot play them at all....any help?
    I'm having the same issues as others that Precorder no longer records. I keep the video card running in the background when recording and attempted to launch the video from there. I got the same error: "There was an error playing the file"

I thought my phone drive was maxed out and that I had no space left, but I've also noticed a HUGE drain on my battery. I think there's some sort of leak with the application; especially after 1.3.5. My battery was charged at 100% this morning, and I just shut off the phone at 17%. Typically I can go at least 2 days.

The only difference in my routine is that I tried to use Precorder to record several videos last night.

Strange.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I had precorder running before 1.3.5, and now trying to install by the bootstrap method, two things:
    when connecting, it only shows "4101" yet in screen grab from someone it showed double that. whats the difference if any
    after inputting the last line I get syntax error: redirection unexpected. I input the lines exactly. any idea what it is, how to correct it?

precorder's great! I want to use it! Thanks for any help
    how do i get this app? on my phone? duhh
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgef150 View Post
    Official wiki page...

Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals

and here is the original thread...

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ting-form.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgef150 View Post
    I assume you know that Palm is releasing a full feature free video recorder for the Pre & Pixi in February along with webOS 1.4 ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I assume you know that Palm is releasing a full feature free video recorder for the Pre & Pixi in February along with webOS 1.4 ?
    But daddy I want an Oompah Loompah NNNOOWWWW!
    I can never get this to work,
    what codec do you guys use?
    Good thing official video support from palm is coming soon.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    have you been able to get pre corder working on your palm pre i tryed to insall it but it wont record
    Hello, in my pre donīt work.My version webOS is 1.3.5.2. The message is:
    Recording...
    Recording failed:
    org.webosinternals.gstservice is not running

How fixed this issue?

Thank you
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast