Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Any long-time SplashID users here try the jVault app in the app store? If so, could you provide a comparison of your experience?

One of the real intriguing aspects to me about jVault is that according to a couple of the reviews in the app catalog it sounds like there is some type of beta desktop app that allows users to enter, import and backup data using that desktop application. If so, they may already be ahead of SplashID since SplashData has decided not to offer a desktop sync for webos. Apparently, though, the jVault beta desktop app has only been given out to "select" users for testing. Anyone here using it? I'm wondering if it would allow import of data from a CSV file generated from SplashID. (I have a LOT of entries in SplashID that I'd really rather not have to re-enter!)
    Haven't tried the jVault, but one thing I've found with SplashID is that I bought the desktop version and I use that a *lot* more than I ever use the one on my Pre. So I've been doing all the data entry in the desktop and then occasionally exporting that to my Pre, and that seems to work really well for me. I'm not interested in paying a monthly fee for the SplashID "cloud" sync they're planning, so I'll probably just stay with this method ... hopefully they won't "break" the export capability (the CSV method is broken in 1.3.1, but the no-password VID files still work).
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    ... but the no-password VID files still work).
    Doesn't it still have the problem with not being about to pass a large number of records in a VID file though? Last time I did that I had to break mine into 3 files to get it to load back to the Pre.

The bigger issue, though, is that while I like making entries better using the desktop version, I tend to need to update or make an entry when I'm not near the PC that I have the desktop version on, or I don't have the program open. For me, the I really need to be able to sync between them. Ya, I sure don't want to pay a monthly fee either, not to mention the other concerns of that data being stored in the cloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    Doesn't it still have the problem with not being about to pass a large number of records in a VID file though? Last time I did that I had to break mine into 3 files to get it to load back to the Pre.
    Ouch !! I only have about 30 records, so I haven't run into that. Is Splash ID aware of that problem ... sounds like a definite bug to me? Hopefully they will fix the CSV too (looks like a 1.3.1 upgrade issue).
    I recently switched from SplashID to JVault with the issue of a backup being the primary reason. Since working with JVault I have begun using it for more than the normal password-type of data. I appreciate the included templates but would love a way to save a custom layout as a template, or to add new templates.

Is anyone here on the forums beta testing the desktop app to know if it adds this feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by kdgeorge View Post
    I recently switched from SplashID to JVault with the issue of a backup being the primary reason. Since working with JVault I have begun using it for more than the normal password-type of data. I appreciate the included templates but would love a way to save a custom layout as a template, or to add new templates.

Is anyone here on the forums beta testing the desktop app to know if it adds this feature?
    The desktop app does allow you to create your own templates, and I believe the dev is working on adding a template creator to the webOS version as well.
    I've used splashID on all of my previous mobile devices and never had a problem. How safe and secure is Jvault? Any known security breach with this application? Any known cases of identity theft?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    I've used splashID on all of my previous mobile devices and never had a problem. How safe and secure is Jvault? Any known security breach with this application? Any known cases of identity theft?
    It's blowfish encryption in a database file. No "security breaches" or "identity theft"...
    Has anyone tried jvault and safe box? Safe box has an email backup and jvault has a beta deaktop backup. Splash seems uninterested in webos so I'm through with them and their monthly plan idea.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I used to use Yaps on my Treo, and need a good replacement for it on the Pre. I tried SplashID's trial, and even tried the CSV importing function, but didn't care much for the complexity of it.

I'll have to check out jvault. Are there any other good password management apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by ackthbbft View Post
    I used to use Yaps on my Treo, and need a good replacement for it on the Pre. I tried SplashID's trial, and even tried the CSV importing function, but didn't care much for the complexity of it.

I'll have to check out jvault. Are there any other good password management apps?
    Safe Box appears promising with a backup to email option. I just don't think if you lose webos if you can read those backup files. Developer has also been responsive on the board.
    jVault will have an email backup/restore feature in the 1.0.5 release (currently being reviewed by Palm). Hopefully, it will be released by early next week to the App Catalog.

Custom templates are being added to version 1.0.6 now.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Great info Cohoman...Can you post where you got this information?
    Quote Originally Posted by g_schrage52 View Post
    Great info Cohoman...Can you post where you got this information?
    I know the main developer.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Doesn't it still have the problem with not being about [sic] to pass a large number of records in a VID file though? Last time I did that I had to break mine into 3 files to get it to load back to the Pre....
    They seem to have this fixed in the latest release. At least I'm no longer having the problem. I can just export all 300 some records to VID and import into the Palm WebOS client.

...The bigger issue, though, is that while I like making entries better using the desktop version, I tend to need to update or make an entry when I'm not near the PC that I have the desktop version on, or I don't have the program open. For me, the I really need to be able to sync between them. Ya, I sure don't want to pay a monthly fee either, not to mention the other concerns of that data being stored in the cloud.
    +1
    I purchased jVault from app catalog, and have spent about 40 hours inputting data into a slew of categories that define me, my lifestyle, my interests and ALL those 1,000,000 pieces of papers I manage with..

If a hurricane hit Florida I do not need to lug a suitcase of files, I have all my info in jVault.

I did not hit any instance where jVault did not handle the data awesome.

My one complaint is not being able to save a custom template.

Slick system, easy to edit and change your headers and subcategories.

Would be awesome to be able to type on desktop, but I really love the jVault program and so glad I bought it. I have put it thru the test...and have 20 wallets and 75+ categories, and it did not even blink :-)

Love it!

The Fliq Notes application however, struggles with large size notes and whacks out creating dupe categories, application is "buggy" and not stable. But love the way you can back every note you manage in Fliq to email as a backup for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    I purchased jVault from app catalog, and have spent about 40 hours inputting data into a slew of categories that define me, my lifestyle, my interests and ALL those 1,000,000 pieces of papers I manage with..

My one complaint is not being able to save a custom template.

Would be awesome to be able to type on desktop...
    I'm not linked w/ Cohosoft or any part of them, just a very satisfied customer as yourself.

I wanted to let you know that both of your concerns have already been actively addressed. Custom templates are on their way, if not already in Palm's hands. Also, the Desktop app has come along really nicely and dare I say we should see it in just a few short weeks.
    I have been considering one of these apps as well and it looks like Jvault is in the lead right now. Just one question does anyone know if there going to charge for the desktop app and if so how much or is it going to be given away with the purchase of the app catalog app I have no problem paying for both if there of good quality and so far it seems that they are just don't want it to be a fortune for the desktop version once I buy the app catalog one.
    I still like SplashID (both the WEB client and the Windows client) but it is really getting to be a pain remembering to NOT update anything in the WebOS client and only make updates on the Windows side and do a One-way manual push of the data to the Pre. If they don't offer a way to sync the two clients, it is really only half the product it used to be. I just can't get on-borad with the SplashID Live concept. I'm all for cloud storage of everything BUT my most secure data.

If Jvault can get their WebOS and Windows clients to sync, I'll be moving to Jvault.
    Is there a way to buy this app without using the App Catalog ? Reason I'm asking is because here in Canada, we still don't have access to paid apps in the app catalog.

Thanks !
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast