Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Sorry, your right. I gave up on jVault ever providing an actual synchronization and didn't bother with the last update. Just did and while this is cool, it's still an unsatisfactory solution. I'm despairing of webOS ever getting a proper synchronizing solution. Some are getting closer, but it's really ridiculous that over a year's gone by and we still can't do something this simple.

maybe HP can encourage some skilled developers to come on board. All the games & fart generators are great, but I want to be able to do real work with this thing!

Sorry, rant off, I'm just fed up with the lack of productivity apps on my favorite platform.
    This doesn't sound so good. If what I'm reading is correct, having a basic Pixi with no WiFi is a negative with JVault and a current sync with jVault is not a technically a true sync?

So I may have to bite the bullet and try Splash ID for WebOs? Anyone want to talk me out of it?
    With SplashID for webOS, there is NO synchronization at ALL. It's been promised for over a year and what's promised is syncing to their servers in the cloud, not your desktop.

Secustore has desktop syncing in beta but you have to do a lot of manual confirmations during sync. They do not, and will not, have a trial version with import or sync so you will have to buy blind. Importing csv requires editing in excel before importing or you get a messy result like jVault.

TealSafe supports true syncing by USB, but you can't import anything but TealSafe files & the interface is attrocious on both webOS & desktop. The webOS interface isn't webOS-ified at all, it is a clone of a PalmOS display (desktop too). You have to tap on the title bar to get the menus which are dynamically generated.

Right now, the best solution I've found is Secret! It supports syncing over WiFi (only) and imports csv perfectly. BUT it is freeform - there are no fields in the records. Not a real problem, but if you want to label a field, you have to type it in. It is also expensive like jVault is $10 for webOS version and $20 for desktop. They DO have trial versions of both. For webOS download beta from preware. It's expired but still fully functional with popups saying expired. Desktop can be downloaded from their website.
    Website?
    If your asking for Secret!'s webpage, it's LinkeSOFT Secret! Strong Encryption For Your Data and the phone version is in the app catalog. The beta is in preware. The desktop & beta are fully functional so you can fully test before buying.
    Thanks again! Hopefully there's a WebOS app store version as well. Trying to get away from the old days of Treo & sync to desktop. Trying to use my Pixi as my laptop replacement.

-Sent from my Palm Pixi.
    Right now, there's only a few with any kind of cloud storage.

LastPass - monthly charge & webOS version is read only

PassShield syncs with Google Docs, but the copy there is plain text, not encrypted

1ReaderPro syncs with DropBox & such, but webOS version is read only

SplashID like I've said, they've been promising sync with their cloud solution "in two weeks" for a year now - I don't think we can count on that happening any time soon

That's the limit of what cloud "solutions" are available for webOS password managers. Basically no acceptable solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If your asking for Secret!'s webpage, it's LinkeSOFT Secret! Strong Encryption For Your Data and the phone version is in the app catalog. The beta is in preware. The desktop & beta are fully functional so you can fully test before buying.
    Do you use Secret on a Mac or PC? I'm on a Mac, and I can't get past a screen that wants me to find my Secret data file from my Palm HotSync folder. I haven't a HotSync folder in two years, since I got the Pre.

Any suggestions?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567