Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by F_r_a_n_k View Post
    Is there a way to buy this app without using the App Catalog ? Reason I'm asking is because here in Canada, we still don't have access to paid apps in the app catalog.

Thanks !
    which app? SplashID? There have been many apps discussed in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    which app? SplashID? There have been many apps discussed in this thread.
    JVault
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    No, you have to use the app catalog.
    Downloaded Jvault today. The interface took only a few minutes to grasp and the email backup is simple/easy. That alone beats Splash's weak effort for Webos.
    Actually, I question the eMail backup routine. I assumed it was going to be an attachment of the database. What about large databases? There's got to be a character limit or at least a buffer limit on the clipboard or eMail body...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Actually, I question the eMail backup routine. I assumed it was going to be an attachment of the database. What about large databases? There's got to be a character limit or at least a buffer limit on the clipboard or eMail body...
    You can also back up the database through USB or File Receive in WebOS QI.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I bought Jvault last night, mainly for the backup functionality, but the problem is I can't seem to get it to backup. I'm not knocking the App because other's don't seem to be having the problem but looking for answer/solutions: When I try to backup, it says "starting backup..." but never does anything - i've been patient but nothing?? I only have like 3 files in there as I wanted to test the backup before I entered my life into it???? If I can get that to work, I'll like it much better than splashID which i had before

Thanks
    mc25mc - Did you try on 3g or wifi or both?

I did it yesterday for first time on 3g with 20 records or so. Took less than 15 seconds total to receive the email into gmail.
    I'm not sure if the dev reads these forums. I'd head over to CohoSoft - Support
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    tried on wifi - I just emailed dev so we'll see
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Safe Box has been tested with thousands of records, and so far it has worked fine with the backup to email. Early in the development stages we had to devise a viable solution for backup since there is currently no supported way to write directly to files or create attachments. So we came with the current backup-to-email implementation, Safe Box being the first one to implement this method.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post
    I bought Jvault last night, mainly for the backup functionality, but the problem is I can't seem to get it to backup. I'm not knocking the App because other's don't seem to be having the problem but looking for answer/solutions: When I try to backup, it says "starting backup..." but never does anything - i've been patient but nothing?? I only have like 3 files in there as I wanted to test the backup before I entered my life into it???? If I can get that to work, I'll like it much better than splashID which i had before
    We've tested jVault with 500+ records of data and it works fine for the email backup option. It might take a long time to encode the data (say, several minutes) but it should work. In fact, it might appear that the app has crashed but it will show a finished screen when it's done.

One possible cause for backup issues would be a low memory condition, in which case the app could stall and not finish. The usual remedy is to reboot your Palm device to recover all the available memory.

We will be releasing a desktop PC version of jVault within the next few weeks which has various methods for backing up your jVault data.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Any serious plans at all for a Mac compatible desktop client for JVault?
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    Any serious plans at all for a Mac compatible desktop client for JVault?
    Sorry, we don't have any future plans of creating a Mac version of jVault Desktop.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    The desktop versionof JVault is now available at the developer's website cohosoft.com (I have too few posts to include the exact link.)

It is now possible to enter or edit data on your desktop and transfer back and forth with your WebOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Sorry, we don't have any future plans of creating a Mac version of jVault Desktop.
    Another possible password/info management app that has decided to screw over the Mac community. 1Password has passed WebOS by for the msot part. SplashID has no plans for a Mac desktop version right now. And now jVault denies the Mac too.

Still waiting for a solution to tie the Mac and WebOS together.
    I bought Jvault because of this thread & I have downloaded the trial for the desktop too. So far, I'm very happy with this app & will be purchasing the desktop after the trial. I want to test it a bit more but so far so good. Thanks Jvault peeps!!
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Thanks Jvault peeps!!
    Thanks, and I'm glad you like jVault Desktop. I'm about to release the next incremental update which will have some nice improvements.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I appreciate you at least being honest (many devs would just give a vague answer, or ignore the question altogether). It is very frustrating that all the devs of password/info management apps are not supporting OSX - we don't all use AT&T, or for that matter even want an iPhone.

It would be great if you would reconsider in the future, but again I appreciate your honesty.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is there a way to import data from other password programs into jVault? Specifically, I have used DataViz Password Plus on my Palm TX and would love NOT to have to re-input all that data! jVault with its desktop and WebOS versions are looking better and better to me!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast