Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Derek's article about the App limit fix in 1.3.5 implies that all Apps will be moved to a new folder on /media.

Is that true or will only new Apps be installed in /media?

Thanks for any clarification.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I was wondering this myself...

Will all apps be on this new "hidden" folder on /media/internal, or will it only start putting apps there once the /var directory has come close to being full?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I understood from the article that new apps will go there and existing apps will stay put. I could be wrong though. Where's the experts with the answer.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I just noticed a nice little folder called .app-storage in my media partition, containing info of Checkbook and Shopping Cart. Is this Preqare at work circumventing the app limit already? If so, will that interfere with 1.3.5? If not, what is it then, just user stored app data?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I just noticed a nice little folder called .app-storage in my media partition, containing info of Checkbook and Shopping Cart. Is this Preqare at work circumventing the app limit already? If so, will that interfere with 1.3.5? If not, what is it then, just user stored app data?
    No - these are databases in use by the apps.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'm curious if this method is similar to what mvapp (homebrew) already does. I'm certain I would have to move everything back / delete a lot of apps before upgrading to 1.3.5 tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    I understood from the article that new apps will go there and existing apps will stay put. I could be wrong though. Where's the experts with the answer.
    They are bound by an NDA with Palm, as was the person who gave the information to PreCentral for that article.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals