1.    #1  
    I have noticed that in the Calc app in Classic, that the additional conversion and calculating modes such as Weight/Tmp, Length, Area, and Volume are not available by pressing the right, 3 o'clock position on the D-Pad but that they are only available from the Options menu.

Can a different build of the Classic Calc app be used that includes the ability to quickly access these different modes? It would make the Calc app easier to use. For instance, the Calc app on my Treo 650 and 700p behaved in the way that I am requesting. Thanks!
    I don't have this problem at all. My D-Pad changes calc. modes just as you say it should, and has done so since day 1. Of course, I'm used to the D-Pad by now.
  3.    #3  
    It does work. However, there are missing options from the D-Pad switching method. Do you get the Weight/Tmp, Length, Area, and Volume convesion modes from the D-Pad or only from the drop down Options menu?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Do youself a favor and forget about anything in Classic until after the next update...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Do youself a favor and forget about anything in Classic until after the next update...
    In other words, be prepared to wait for awhile...
  6.    #6  
    The purpose of my post is to bring it to their attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    It does work. However, there are missing options from the D-Pad switching method. Do you get the Weight/Tmp, Length, Area, and Volume convesion modes from the D-Pad or only from the drop down Options menu?
    Yes, that's what I said. I use the calculator every day, and it has always worked exactly like it did on my Treos.
    That's not helpful. I had instability at first with the 1.3.1 release, but it has settled down after the first few days, and has been stable since. Maybe other apps aren't working right, but the calculator does.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    That's not helpful. I had instability at first with the 1.3.1 release, but it has settled down after the first few days, and has been stable since. Maybe other apps aren't working right, but the calculator does.
    I can tell you ,even if you don't like my tone, it would have helped me to have seen it before some of what I did.

I spent $40 on an app to do ONE thing. It did one thing until the update and regardless of whose fault it is nothing will happen until after the update.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Whoa, I never knew the included Calc had all this functionality! I've been using RPN on my Palms since my Vx or before, so I never tried it.

The D-pad approach seems to be working for me, too. Tapping the 3 o'clock position scrolls through ALL modes.

Regards,
    Tom
    I can tell you ,even if you don't like my tone, it would have helped me to have seen it before some of what I did.

I spent $40 on an app to do ONE thing. It did one thing until the update and regardless of whose fault it is nothing will happen until after the update.
    Well, that one thing wasn't Calc, so I fail to understand why you would post in this thread.