1.    #1  
    Now that I have been using Classic for a few weeks now, I find that I am constantly pressing the Home button when I am trying to press the 3 o'clock position on the 5-way D-Pad. I have largish fingers and think that it is too small and that the PIM buttons are too large.

Therefore, I would like to request that the PIM buttons be made smaller or at least that the active area to "press" the button be made smaller to minimize the chances for accidental button presses when using the D-Pad. There is also a little bit of screen real estate to make the 5-way D-Pad larger as well. So, I would like that change, too! Thanks!
    Yes, I second that! This is a constant annoyance. Especially when considering that you normally handle the 5-way-navigator blindly, while you normally press the other buttons "actively", i.e. you have to look where to press.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Therefore, I would like to request that the PIM buttons be made smaller ... [and] ... to make the 5-way D-Pad larger as well.
    Yes, totally agree with this.

I have switched to rarely using the on screen D pad because the ring is just too small to make it easy with my largish hands. If you aren't aware of it, you can optionally use the keyboard for 5-way navigation, and it is WAY easier to do. You can even do it without looking.

To temporarily change keyboard to 5-way, hold your thumb in the gesture area (either side of center button, which lights up). To toggle keyboard between characters and 5-way, tap the (abc) on the left side of the emulated silk screen area.

In either case, the space bar now becomes the center button, the four corner keys of the kayboard act like the PIM buttons, and most of the rest are the 5-way navigation. Some letters are left dead as a buffer zone.

So for example, the letters on the top row near the center are UP, the bottom row is DOWN, the left side middle row is LEFT, and the right side middle row is RIGHT.

WAY easier to do, at least with large fingers.

I really miss the physical 5-way of the Treo.
    well if that isn't just the coolest thing! So, is this an awesome discovery, or a huge oversight on my part? If the former, it should be added to the manual - or highlighted if it's already there.

Either way, thanks!

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    is this an awesome discovery, or a huge oversight on my part?
    A huge oversight, but don't feel bad. I wasn't aware of it for months either.

I think it should be documented better, because it has made Classic seem way more usable to me. I still really miss a true 5-way, and think the silk screen area could be allocated better. But this sure helps.
    Huge oversight - yeah, I get that a lot.

My next obstacle: remembering to use this feature!

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    My next obstacle: remembering to use this feature!
    They say your memory is the second thing to go ... and I don't remember what the first is !!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreOwned View Post
    To temporarily change keyboard to 5-way, hold your thumb in the gesture area (either side of center button, which lights up).
    Is this still the case? I can't get it to work.