Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    not working for me on 1.3.5 Worked great on 1.3.1. Installed service then app and rebooted...still no luck! Scary down in the dark here in zombie land....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    not working for me on 1.3.5 Worked great on 1.3.1. Installed service then app and rebooted...still no luck! Scary down in the dark here in zombie land....
    I've been messing with this all day, and can't get it to work either. I cannot get it to work and am getting pretty frazzled b/c i use this all the time. I cannot get the flashlight service to uninstall either through preware or quickinstall (trying to reinstall)
    All services needed to be updated for the new file locations in 1.3.5

Since you're using old ipks for the flashlight service, they're not updated.

So it's unlikely to work.

You'll need to wait for the author (PreGame) to update the service.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    it works on my pre..
    It works just fine for me. Just need to install the service and application via quickinstall (don't need to uninstall any old versions you might have, either), reboot, and it should be just fine.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    It works just fine for me. Just need to install the service and application via quickinstall (don't need to uninstall any old versions you might have, either), reboot, and it should be just fine.
    I've done exactly that, but it still doesn't work (it loads, but when I flip the button to on, no light).
    Last edited by papazoo; 12/29/2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: grammar
    i guess it works for some - it was such a cool app to - oh well
    another one checking in with a no worky for 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Not working for me on 1.3.5. I doctored before updating to 1.3.5 from 1.3.1 and then installed the app and service.

This is definitely one my most frequently used apps. Is any development still going on for this?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It works for me on 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Mine is gone too, to bad, I actually needed today in the boiler room (someone misplaced the real flashlight I had down there). Thus I had to download & use "BADD flashlight", and it was bad, not the same at all. Let us know when the ipks have benn updated, Thanks

--- D
    Working here too. Never uninstalled the code before upgrade. Still works great.
    does it install to a new location w/ 1.3.5? It seems to work for people who didn't uninstall it b4 the upgrade. Perhaps the install location w/ 1.3.5 is to blame.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Did you guys read what rwhitby said?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All services needed to be updated for the new file locations in 1.3.5

Since you're using old ipks for the flashlight service, they're not updated.

So it's unlikely to work.

You'll need to wait for the author (PreGame) to update the service.

-- Rod

So using common sense, we can deduce that if you try to install it NOW, it will not work.
    Your right about using common sense & deducing... I was referring to the claims by people stating this still wprks for them if it was installed b4 the upgrade. If someone, who has myflashlight working, could chime in w/ the location where the files are installed, we could them compare it to the location to where it is installed post 1.3.5 upgrade & move the files & avoid waiting for an update to myflashlight
    does not work for me. Here is my info from preware on the app and service. Can we get someone who has it working to find the same info and post please!

Flashlight Service
    Maintainer: PreGame
    version : 0.0.2
    ID: com.pregame.prelease

Flashlight App
    Maintainer: ***** Not sure if he wants his real name here...but you get the drift.
    Version: 0.0.1
    ID: Com.pregame.app.flashlight

I am certain I am using outdated stuff. Pregame if you can read this, I WILL PAY you to get this back and working reliably for my Pre and the Girls Pixi!!! Anyone else care to help out with figuring out why it works for some and not others?

rwhitby: is that something I could edit myself? Updating the path and all?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I will be posting it up shortly. It will be a new updated version.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    you are awesome! Thanks so much!!!
    Ok, my situation step-by-step:

I downloaded and installed webOS 1.3.5 (after removing my patches, of course). I then found Preware failed to load repos, so after a quick web search I removed and reinstalled Preware and Package Manager, hunky dory. I then immediately checked to see if myFlashlight still worked. It did! But I found an updated version through webOS Quick Install, and updated it. It then stopped working like many others. After another quick read of this thread, I downloaded LED Manager Service, and restarted Luna via Luna Manager (great app), and now the flashlight works again. Hopefully this summary helps some of the confused out there!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    guys the updated app and service is in the applications section of preware.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast