Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    how do i change the first one on there?
    You mean to remove the original calendar you had listed in the app and replace it with a second one? I don't see a way to do that directly in the app, but I'm sure you can probably do that by just deleting and then reinstalling the app. However, you don't need to do that. If you merely add the 2nd calendar to be shared to the first within the Google calendar on your computer, both calendars will show up in the app. Then, you merely uncheck the first calendar under the preferences menu, and leave the second one checked, and that will achieve the same objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    You mean to remove the original calendar you had listed in the app and replace it with a second one? I don't see a way to do that directly in the app, but I'm sure you can probably do that by just deleting and then reinstalling the app. However, you don't need to do that. If you merely add the 2nd calendar to be shared to the first within the Google calendar on your computer, both calendars will show up in the app. Then, you merely uncheck the first calendar under the preferences menu, and leave the second one checked, and that will achieve the same objective.
    deleting and reinstalling worked. thanks
    Just downloaded and tested it. I have an appointment that in my calendar is set for 12:30-5, but in Calendar Search it shows as 4:30-9. I looked through the forum but didn't see anyone bring this up, unless I just missed it. Any thoughts?
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi5 View Post
    Just downloaded and tested it. I have an appointment that in my calendar is set for 12:30-5, but in Calendar Search it shows as 4:30-9. I looked through the forum but didn't see anyone bring this up, unless I just missed it. Any thoughts?
    You likely don't have the time zone set correctly either on the phone or your Google calendar. Check the time zone setting in both places.
    You likely don't have the time zone set correctly either on the phone or your Google calendar. Check the time zone setting in both places.
    It only shows incorrectly in Calendar search. I'm on network timezone and it shows up correctly in the actual calendar.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Please double-check your time zone settings in Google Calendar on the Web. Each Google Calendar has its own Time Zone (it's a little bit hidden).
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Please double-check your time zone settings in Google Calendar on the Web. Each Google Calendar has its own Time Zone (it's a little bit hidden).
    Got it. Sorry. I didn't remember having to individually set each calendar timezone for my other ones.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Hey, sidamos, congrats - did you happen to see 10 must-have free Palm webOS apps? It's great to see a great app recognized
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Nice! Thanks for finding this and posting it.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I just uploaded a new test version (1.2.1) to PreCentral.

New in this version: Experimental Turbo mode. Has to be enabled in Preferences and will reduce search time for large results drastically.

Please test ASAP. Thanks!
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I just uploaded a new test version (1.2.1) to PreCentral.

New in this version: Experimental Turbo mode. Has to be enabled in Preferences and will reduce search time for large results drastically.

Please test ASAP. Thanks!
    When I click the Update button in Preware, the web browser launches to display the Precentral page for the Homebrew app, rather than updating it as it always does. Is this something related to an incorrect link in your submission, or did something happen to my phone? I've never had anything like this happen before, and I use Preware multiple times a day and have had many Homebrews installed.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Works for me.

I tried this:
    - uninstall 1.2.1
    - install 1.2.0 from the App Catalog
    - update to 1.2.1 via Preware

Maybe try refreshing the feeds again?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    When I click the Update button in Preware, the web browser launches to display the Precentral page for the Homebrew app, rather than updating it as it always does. Is this something related to an incorrect link in your submission, or did something happen to my phone? I've never had anything like this happen before, and I use Preware multiple times a day and have had many Homebrews installed.
    I have the same issue.

Preware definitely recognizes that an update is available but it appears that Preware is directed to the wrong page to retrieve the update. Sidamos, is it possible that you gave Preware a faulty link?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I do not understand this. I just uploaded the .ipk to PreCentral. And I was able to upgrade my 1.2.0 from the App Catalog to 1.2.1 via PreWare.

Hmm, what else could I do?

When you go to the GCS homepage at PreCentral, you see that there is the .ipk for download:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...alendar-search

OK, whatever, I will make a 1.2.2 and upload it again. Maybe this fixes it.

Edit: 1.2.2 is there. Can you please try again? Thanks!
    Last edited by sidamos; 04/16/2010 at 09:15 AM.
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I do not understand this. I just uploaded the .ipk to PreCentral. And I was able to upgrade my 1.2.0 from the App Catalog to 1.2.1 via PreWare.

Hmm, what else could I do?

When you go to the GCS homepage at PreCentral, you see that there is the .ipk for download:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...alendar-search

OK, whatever, I will make a 1.2.2 and upload it again. Maybe this fixes it.

Edit: 1.2.2 is there. Can you please try again? Thanks!
    Same problem again. I'll try deleting and reinstalling it altogether, and see if that doesn't work (although that won't solve the "update" problem"). By the way, I did try updating the feeds a few times, and that didn't address the problem either. I'll try deleting and reinstalling, and post back my results. Thanks for working with us on this.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Same problem again. I'll try deleting and reinstalling it altogether, and see if that doesn't work (although that won't solve the "update" problem"). By the way, I did try updating the feeds a few times, and that didn't address the problem either. I'll try deleting and reinstalling, and post back my results. Thanks for working with us on this.
    Same here. There must be some silly step that is being missed with Preware. Why is it loading a precentral webpage page instead of updating the ipk? Very strange because I updated another homebrew app without any problems moments earlier.
  17. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I deleted the app from the phone, did a luna restart, and then tried to reinstall via Preware (as a new install now, not update obviously), and I'm still getting the browser launching when I press the install button.....Something's up

So I next reinstalled version 1.2.0 from the App Catalog. That worked no problem. Then I launched Preware, was advised of the update, clicked to update, and same thing all over again - the web browser launches.....Any other info I can provide? I'm stumped as to what else to try (other than installing via WebOS QuickInstall of course, but that won't help troubleshoot the Preware issue). Let me know what I can do to help. Thanks.
  18. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Same here. There must be some silly step that is being missed with Preware. Why is it loading a precentral webpage page instead of updating the ipk? Very strange because I updated another homebrew app without any problems moments earlier.
    Same here, sort of. I was able to update Preware from within Preware with no problem. But this issue continues to occur with Google Calendar Search update/install.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I do not have the latest version of Preware and it works for me. I will write to PreCentral about this.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.2.2 via Preware and it finished with a Luna restart. First time I've seen that happen...

It did install OK, though.

Regard,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G