Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    OK, I'll remember it.

Ah, I forgot one point:
    It would not be possible to tap on a found contact to open it in the Contacts App, because you would need the internal ID for that.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I figured out a work around for this. All you have to do is create another google account then in your Google Apps account you allow your new Google account access to your Google Apps Calendar(s). Use your new google account to sign into the WebOS Google Calendar Search app. Now you can search your google apps calendar.

Works perfectly!

Thanks for the great app!

Will it be in the app catalog soon?
    This doesn't work for me. Is there some step you took that isn't listed here? I'm getting the same error indicated by sidamos ("Google search failed: Fulltext queries are forbidden for this projection type."). Can you assist/explain further? I would LOVE to be able to search my Google Apps premier calendar using this amazing app if it's doable. I really miss that functionality from my Centro (and I can't believe I miss anything from the Centro after having the Pre!). Thanks.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    You got a private message.
    I also have a Google Apps Premier account, and I'd certainly be willing to help as well. If you can use another "helper", just let me know, and I'm there for you - I'd love to be able to use your indispensable app as well! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    This doesn't work for me. Is there some step you took that isn't listed here? I'm getting the same error indicated by sidamos ("Google search failed: Fulltext queries are forbidden for this projection type."). Can you assist/explain further? I would LOVE to be able to search my Google Apps premier calendar using this amazing app if it's doable. I really miss that functionality from my Centro (and I can't believe I miss anything from the Centro after having the Pre!). Thanks.
    Maybe I did not explain it correctly

Lets say I have a google apps account that is me@me.com that I want to be able to search on me Pre using Google Calendar Search.

Step one: Create a new regular gmail account me@gmail.com

Step two: Sign back into Google apps account (me@me.com). Go to the Calendar. In top right corner click on settings. Click on Calendar tab, click on "Shared Edit Settings" for the Calendar(s) you want to be able to search. In the box that says "Share with Specific People" type in your new gmail address (me@gmail.com). Accept all changes and log out.

Step Three: Go into regular gmail account (me@gmail.com) and open the Calendar. In the lower left corner find where it says "Add a friends Calendar". In that box type your Google Apps account address (me@me.com). Now your Google Apps Calendar should show up in your regular Gmail account. If you are adding multiple Calendars from your Google Apps account to your Gmail account then you just click on settings and add them there. Exit out of everything and save any changes.

Step Four: On your Pre install Google Calendar Search. Now sign it in to your Gmail account (me@gmail.com). Since your Google Apps Calendar (me@me.com) is visible in your Gmail account you will now be able to search.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Maybe I did not explain it correctly

Lets say I have a google apps account that is me@me.com that I want to be able to search on me Pre using Google Calendar Search.

Step one: Create a new regular gmail account me@gmail.com

Step two: Sign back into Google apps account (me@me.com). Go to the Calendar. In top right corner click on settings. Click on Calendar tab, click on "Shared Edit Settings" for the Calendar(s) you want to be able to search. In the box that says "Share with Specific People" type in your new gmail address (me@gmail.com). Accept all changes and log out.

Step Three: Go into regular gmail account (me@gmail.com) and open the Calendar. In the lower left corner find where it says "Add a friends Calendar". In that box type your Google Apps account address (me@me.com). Now your Google Apps Calendar should show up in your regular Gmail account. If you are adding multiple Calendars from your Google Apps account to your Gmail account then you just click on settings and add them there. Exit out of everything and save any changes.

Step Four: On your Pre install Google Calendar Search. Now sign it in to your Gmail account (me@gmail.com). Since your Google Apps Calendar (me@me.com) is visible in your Gmail account you will now be able to search.
    rc46,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I really appreciate it. I've done exactly what you indicated, but I'm still encountering the same error message. That being said, I think I might have found the problem - do you have a Google Apps STANDARD account? Or a PREMIER account? It looks like a Premier account will only display free/busy info on any other account, even if one tries sharing all calendar details with that person. I can't get more than just free/busy info to show on the conventional free google calendar. I think Google might do this with PREMIER accounts on purpose for some reason, as I know, for example, that I can only share videos on my PREMIER account with others on my same Google Apps PREMIER domain. It doesn't make sense to me that I should lose such functionality for an account that I actually pay Google for, but this seems to be what they're doing - I guess to ensure that they can get the entire business, and not just individual users, onto their PREMIER paid platform.

If you have a Google Apps PREMIER account, as opposed to a standard one, then I just can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong.....

Can you confirm for me? Thanks again for your help and for replying so quickly!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Version 0.3.0 is now available in the official App Catalog. I will submit the latest version ASAP.
    I cannot locate this in the app catalog? what is the name?

I'm not interested in the homebrew ver.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Can you confirm for me? Thanks again for your help and for replying so quickly!
    I am using standard. I was wondering if that might be the issue as well.

If I were you I would not give up yet. I would go through all the settings and permissions and see if there is a way.

On this page
    Reduce IT costs, get less spam, and improve productivity - Google Apps for Business
    I find the following quote
    Custom information sharing rules to determine how broadly employees are allowed to share with Google Docs, Google Calendar and Google Sites.
    Sounds to me that there are some settings in there you can tweak as long as you have admin control over your Google Apps Premier account.

It also looks like you get telephone support with Google. Why not just ask them how to do it?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I am using standard. I was wondering if that might be the issue as well.

If I were you I would not give up yet. I would go through all the settings and permissions and see if there is a way.

On this page
    Reduce IT costs, get less spam, and improve productivity - Google Apps for Business
    I find the following quote

Sounds to me that there are some settings in there you can tweak as long as you have admin control over your Google Apps Premier account.

It also looks like you get telephone support with Google. Why not just ask them how to do it?
    Thanks again for your encouragement and continued assistance. I will try contacting them for support, but I don't have the technical expertise of sidamos to be able to put together an app to do this myself. I did, however, find the following support info on their site once I logged in as a Premier customer:

The Google Calendar Data API allows client applications to view and update calendar events in the form of Google Data API feeds.

Your client application can use the Calendar Data API to create new events, edit or delete existing events, and query for events that match particular criteria.

This developer's guide consists of the following sections. Note that some client libraries have been upgraded to work with version 2.0 of the Data API, while other client libraries use version 1.0.

* Protocol (2.0)
    * .NET (2.0)
    * Java (2.0)
    * JavaScript (1.0)
    * PHP (1.0)
    * Python (1.0)

To learn about the client library for a particular programming language, select the corresponding section. To learn more about the underlying protocol used by all the client libraries, select the Protocol section.

Each section of the guide covers the same material: how to get started and how to perform basic operations using a particular client library.

Sidamos - I assume this is the info you would need to incorporate such search abilities into your app for Premier customers as well? Can you advise which sections I can PM to you and/or what info exactly I can find for you, and let's see if we can solve the issue that way?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I stumbled across the final key to the puzzle of how to be able to search a Google Apps PREMIER calendar using this Google Calendar search app! The key is the settings in the domain for the Premier account. Follow the following steps, and you'll be searching your Google Apps Premier calendar in no time:

1. Under the Google Apps Control Panel, select the Service Settings tab.
    2. Select Calendar from the drop-down menu.
    3. Under Sharing options - Outside this domain - set user ability, select one of the "Share all information" options.
    4. Save your changes.
    5. Now follow the steps set forth by rc46 earlier in this thread (modified by me for Google Apps PREMIER):

Step one: Create a new regular gmail account (me@gmail.com)

Step two: Sign back into Google apps Premier account (me@me.com). Go to the Calendar. In top right corner click on settings. Click on Calendar tab, click on "Shared Edit Settings" for the Calendar(s) you want to be able to search. In the box that says "Share with Specific People" type in your new gmail address (me@gmail.com), select See all Event Details option next to the e-mail address you've entered, and press the Add Person button. Accept all changes and log out.

Step Three: Go into regular gmail account (me@gmail.com) and open the Calendar. In the lower left corner find where it says "Add a friends Calendar". In that box type your Google Apps account address (me@me.com). Now your Google Apps Calendar should show up in your regular Gmail account note that this step might not be needed - the calendar may already show up automatically after you sent the invitation from the Premier account. If you are adding multiple Calendars from your Google Apps account to your Gmail account then you just click on settings and add them there. Exit out of everything and save any changes.

Step Four: On your Pre install Google Calendar Search. Now sign it in to your Gmail account (me@gmail.com). Since your Google Apps Premier Calendar (me@me.com) is visible in your Gmail account you will now be able to search.

And that should be it! Thanks to rc46 for getting me most of the way there with his steps, and, of course, thanks to sidamos for the excellent app!

Happy New Year to all!
    I love it!
    Great work ay!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I cannot locate this in the app catalog? what is the name?

I'm not interested in the homebrew ver.
    You are the 2nd person who cannot locate it in the App Catalog (anymore).

I can still see it in the German App Catalog.

Can anyone else here please check in the US App Catalog?

I have already written Palm a mail for clarification, but got no answer yet.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I'm in Canada and the app is available in the app catalog. I just checked.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I'm in Canada and the app is available in the app catalog. I just checked.
    Thanks! Anyone from USA?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Yep, it's there. USA on Sprint. 1.3.5
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    ok, I found it. It was not listed a few days back. Thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Is there a bug that does not display the correct time and date?

I tried tapping one of the events on the search list but when it brought up the calendar, the event was not listed.

I realized the date and the time on the search list was coming up incorrect.

Is this a known problem?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    If the time is not correct, then perhaps you have not the same timezone on the Pre and in all your Google Calendars. Can you please check that? This happened to a few users.

No one has reported wrong date, yet.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    If the time is not correct, then perhaps you have not the same timezone on the Pre and in all your Google Calendars. Can you please check that? This happened to a few users.

No one has reported wrong date, yet.
    got it!
    My google calendars time zones were not set. It now works.
    Thanks for your hard work.
    Last edited by stockh; 01/02/2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: does not accept donations
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Version 1.0.0 is finally available in the App Catalog!