Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Version 0.3.0 is now available in the official App Catalog. I will submit the latest version ASAP.
    Let me be the first to congratulae you on moving to the official App Catalog. This app is going to be eaten up like hotcakes.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks! :-)
    Great app - thanks. I would like to see the ability to add more than one Google account. I have one gmail account for home, and another for work. Thanks again.
    Last edited by horatio8; 12/17/2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Excellent app. However, it would be more intuitive if there were an actual "search" or "go" button on the screen, rather than having to hit the "enter" (return) key.
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Search button is on the top, right hand side, with the universal search icon. How did you miss it?
    I just looked at the Google Apps API. It seems that you cannot query this kind of calendar for search terms (it's only 1 specific entry or all) and it only works with Google Apps Premier accounts.

So, sorry, it won't work.
    What if we do have a premier or educational google apps? All the other google related palm apps one simply logs in with the domain (e.g. user@domain.edu instead of gmail user name) and the rest of the functionality seems to work.

This would be amazing if I can search all my work calendars. I have 5 that are shared with me and I would love to be able to quickly find stuff.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    As I said, only Premier Google Apps Accounts can be searched and it's a different API.

But maybe this post will help you:

http://forums.precentral.net/2091957-post33.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I figured out a work around for this. All you have to do is create another google account then in your Google Apps account you allow your new Google account access to your Google Apps Calendar(s). Use your new google account to sign into the WebOS Google Calendar Search app. Now you can search your google apps calendar.

Works perfectly!

Thanks for the great app!

Will it be in the app catalog soon?

That is a nice workaround, however it will not work if you need to search calendars where you are not the owner and you have viewing rights. I have 5 calendars that have been shared with me by co-workers and I need to be able to search them, however if I share my primary google app calendar to a regular google account, those other ones do not come across. I just need to be able to log in to the google apps account and search.
    As I said, only Premier Google Apps Accounts can be searched and it's a different API.

But maybe this post will help you:

http://forums.precentral.net/2091957-post33.html
    Can a google app version of search be developed with that alternate API?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaus View Post
    Can a google app version of search be developed with that alternate API?
    Probably. But one would need a premier Google Apps account and I do not have one.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Very helpful app.
    Is there a way to do a "wildcard" search? Like adding as asterik.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    Very helpful app.
    Is there a way to do a "wildcard" search? Like adding as asterik.
    thanks
    Sorry, but Google does not offer that.
    Probably. But one would need a premier Google Apps account and I do not have one.
    Obviously I have one, what can I do to help you?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaus View Post
    Obviously I have one, what can I do to help you?
    You got a private message.
    I hadn't really used yur app until today and found that searching forward for my daughters Dental Appt found both in my calendar but exactly four hours off. The appts are 2:45pm and 2:00pm respectively and are shown as 10:45 & 10:00. Time Zone issue?
    Google calendar displays them corredtly as does the Pre calendar.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    This has to be a timezone issue, but I cannot reproduce it.

You are only the 2nd user to report this. Could you please check, if your Pre and your Google Calendar are in the exact same timezone?

If yes, could I mail you a debug version?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    I hadn't really used yur app until today and found that searching forward for my daughters Dental Appt found both in my calendar but exactly four hours off. The appts are 2:45pm and 2:00pm respectively and are shown as 10:45 & 10:00. Time Zone issue?
    Google calendar displays them corredtly as does the Pre calendar.
    I had this issue in my non-main Google calendars (except it was 5 hours later). You have to go into the setting for each calendar (on Google's site), to set the time zone. They don't inherit the parents setting.

HTH,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Sidamos,

Can you add an option or build a separate app to search all the Google Contacts fields? The Pre really only searches the name and company fields on the device. Tx.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Sidamos,

Can you add an option or build a separate app to search all the Google Contacts fields? The Pre really only searches the name and company fields on the device. Tx.
    You are right, universal search does not search in ALL contact fields,
    probably because of performance.

There are several "problems" with implementing a Google Contacts Search app:

- eventually Palm will open contacts to other apps
    - maybe Palm will in the future search all fields of contacts
    - time restrictions

The first 2 points would make that app obsolete. The last point is the
    problem of not enough of my time.

I won't say, that I will never write such an app, but because of those
    points, there are other priorities for me at the moment.

Sorry.
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Sidamos,

Your first two points could apply equally to the whole calendar search idea as well but until your app we had no way to search the calendar so who knows how long or if Palm will ever resolve this issue. Your third point is, well, unchallengeable.

Thanks again for a wonderful app. My only remaining point is that I think there would be a demand for a Google Contacts search app in the future should you ever find the time.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast