Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally! Visual Voicemail has been one of the things I've missed about the Instinct. So, right now Im about to download the new Visual Voicemail app from the App Catalog. You should too.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 11/30/2009 at 10:05 PM.
    yessssssss
  3.    #3  
    Hmm...looks like you have to set up a Google Voice account. :/ I wonderif this will even be similar to the iPhone or Instinct Visial Voicemail.
    I was trying to d/l the app from the Catalog, but, it seems like d/ls aren't starting at least for me? Anyone else having same issue?

Thanks,
    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  5.    #5  
    Maybe the App Catalog is overwhelemed or they're still adding new apps? Keep tryin'.
    hate to say it but the gDialPro is a better app & gives you this function and more...if you have a Google Voice number.
    Yes, you have to have a Google Voice account. I'm beginning to wonder if there's some "stronger than thought" link between Sprint and Google.

This was done by the same folks that did Gdial Pro, but they are definitely using the name "Visual Voicemail", which I suspect involves some licensing issues.... Thoughts?

BTW, the app seems to work very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yes, you have to have a Google Voice account. I'm beginning to wonder if there's some "stronger than thought" link between Sprint and Google.

This was done by the same folks that did Gdial Pro, but they are definitely using the name "Visual Voicemail", which I suspect involves some licensing issues.... Thoughts?

BTW, the app seems to work very well.

very interesting!

so with sprint making it easy (and free) to forward your voicemail to google, we now have palm, and third party developers completing the circle to give the pre a legit visual voicemail.

huaazh!

Here, i just got mine working, here's how I did it

how to update your sprint phone to use google voice for visual voicemail and free forwarding

Google Voice

If you already have a Google Voice account:
    Follow these steps to enable Google voicemail on your forwarding phone:
    Log-in to your account at http://www.google.com/voice
    Click on Settings
    Click the "Activate Google voicemail for this phone" link next to your Sprint phone number
    If you don't have a Google Voice account yet:
    Request an invite at http://www.google.com/voiceinvite
    Remember that Sprint is still in the process of rolling out free conditional call forwarding to all users.
    Last edited by windzilla; 11/30/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    There are four lights.
    Yea, I was excited when I saw that, hoping it was a visual voice app from sprint, but alas. But at least we are near 500 apps now. Things are growing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    very interesting!

so with sprint making it easy (and free) to forward your voicemail to google, we now have palm, and third party developers completing the circle to give the pre a legit visual voicemail.

huaazh!
    That was exactly what I was thinking. "Great minds" and all that ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Yea, I was excited when I saw that, hoping it was a visual voice app from sprint, but alas. But at least we are near 500 apps now. Things are growing well.
    Alas? Why is it coming from someone else worse than coming from Sprint. As a matter of fact, I take the opposite view. I think it's great news (if it does, in fact, indicated a cooperative work).

Assume this is the case. That means this is a company that started off writing a HomeBrew app, and in less than six months is working hand in hand with Sprint and Google (and getting lots of help from Palm). I think that's an amazingly good commentary on the HomeBrew community, Palm, and Pre!
    Works pretty well, wish it italicized the unsure words in the transcriptions like the main Google Voice site does.

Anyone figured out if it'll keep giving you notifications even after closing the app, yet?
    anybody figured out how to delete a vmail?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

anyway to have the pre dial directly to googlevoice voicemail when pressing 1 on the pre?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Mine isn't downloading? Its just getting stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    anybody figured out how to delete a vmail?
    I haven't been able to, using this app. However, you can archive them using either the mobile site or the gDial Pro app. (Which is why I uninstalled visual voicemail...there didn't seem much point if you could use gDial Pro to both listen and uninstall)
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I LOVE this app!! This is the VVM that I had with my Instinct combined with the additional features of GVM all rolled into one neat little app. With the touch of one button I can see all of my VM's, and then one more touch and I can read the translation. My Pre is getting better all of the time.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    This solution or GDial Pro are nice... still would prefer something integrated into the Sprint voicemail system so we could have phone alerts and such as normal.

It's a step, though.
    P.S. it's not actually "free". You have to subscribe to it via PayPal in the app. It's free for 30 days, then $4.99 for each month after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneecaps View Post
    P.S. it's not actually "free". You have to subscribe to it via PayPal in the app. It's free for 30 days, then $4.99 for each month after.
    Right- thought I was the only one getting that prompt.

So this developer wants me to pay an MRC for his software that simply accesses a system that does all the real work has no MRC? I would gladly pay $5 one time for this but I think these guys looking to derive residual income from googles voicemail platform is pushing it a little.

Hopefully I am missing something.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast