Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by dmginsburg View Post
    I tried it first with the 0.2.1 version. I saw my names weren't showing up so I tried to delete them in GMail and refresh my VV history. When I couldn't get the names to show up I uninstalled it, since I had GDail Pro.

Then a couple of days later, the rapid release 0.2.3 version came out and I downloaded it. Tried the same thing with the names and one or two got corrected, but my brother's was still not changing. So I uninstalled that and have just been using GDail Pro.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

David
    Can you email our support support@gdialpro.com. It is odd this is happening in VV, but not gDial as they are both cut from the same codebase. I would like to have our support figure out what the problem is for you.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    I will send them an email.

The reason it's not a problem in GDail Pro is that I am using my Google Voice account from one gmail account, but am pulling the address book from my wife's gmail account which has all our personal names/numbers and not just my work contacts.

For VV, I have added contacts when I didn't get a name, reset the history, and/or restarted the phone and they didn't transfer down.

But that's why there is a difference cause of where I am pulling the contacts from GDail Pro is a different GMail account.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by dmginsburg View Post
    I will send them an email.

The reason it's not a problem in GDail Pro is that I am using my Google Voice account from one gmail account, but am pulling the address book from my wife's gmail account which has all our personal names/numbers and not just my work contacts.

For VV, I have added contacts when I didn't get a name, reset the history, and/or restarted the phone and they didn't transfer down.

But that's why there is a difference cause of where I am pulling the contacts from GDail Pro is a different GMail account.

David
    Okay, got you. Not sure why the contacts from your wife's account would work, but not from your account.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I just updated to the new visual voicemail and it worked fine before but now I get invalid password or username pop up. I know it's all correct and still good cause I login to my googlevoice account on the net all the time. Can someone help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I just updated to the new visual voicemail and it worked fine before but now I get invalid password or username pop up. I know it's all correct and still good cause I login to my googlevoice account on the net all the time. Can someone help me out?
    Yep, Google made a major change today and broke everything. You can get a fixed version of Visual Voicemail at Visual Voicemail - Rapid Release
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yep, Google made a major change today and broke everything. You can get a fixed version of Visual Voicemail at Visual Voicemail - Rapid Release
    FLPalm -- love the Visual Voicemail app as a standalone to gDial Pro. one request: Is there any way to change the frequency of updates to Manual or Off? I don't need the app to keep checking since i get a text message when I have a google voicemail, and I don't want it to use up any memory if the background (every little bit counts)

thanks!
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    FLPalm -- love the Visual Voicemail app as a standalone to gDial Pro. one request: Is there any way to change the frequency of updates to Manual or Off? I don't need the app to keep checking since i get a text message when I have a google voicemail, and I don't want it to use up any memory if the background (every little bit counts)

thanks!
    Adam
    I don't have the manual option in there yet, but if you set it to hourly that should use almost no battery/memory.

In between checks it completely shuts down and removes itself from memory, so it only loads up on the interval, checks, and then shuts back down if there is nothing new.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Alright flpalm. So I'm switching to this app to try and find a way to display more than the 25 voicemails gdial is limited to. So I might as well start with the request I started with on gdial. Can we get a swipe to delete for visual voicemail?
    A reminder to people that unless you want 2 copies and to haev one still gettign errors you need to uninstall before installing this one. :-d Took me a minute to figure out why i got the error message after installing.

Any idea when this is going to make it into the mainstream catalog? I suspect this one won't get updates through the ap catalog with future versions, is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    A reminder to people that unless you want 2 copies and to haev one still gettign errors you need to uninstall before installing this one. :-d Took me a minute to figure out why i got the error message after installing.

Any idea when this is going to make it into the mainstream catalog? I suspect this one won't get updates through the ap catalog with future versions, is that correct?
    This one actually is always up to date with the latest version. So once you are using it, you will always be on the latest version with new features, functions, etc.

The app catalog version only gets updated occasionally with known stable versions. So if you want to be on the latest and greatest, I would recommend continuing to use the rapid release version.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Sorry forgot to answer the other question in here.

I submitted the fixed version to the app catalog this morning and it is now awaiting Palm's review and approval.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Sorry forgot to answer the other question in here.

I submitted the fixed version to the app catalog this morning and it is now awaiting Palm's review and approval.
    flpalm. Was that an answer to my question about swipe to delete?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    +1 on the manual update. Would like to see that implemented. Thanks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234