Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    its a misleading app!! and redundant
    nm
    Last edited by f1nzup; 12/01/2009 at 11:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Right- thought I was the only one getting that prompt.

So this developer wants me to pay an MRC for his software that simply accesses a system that does all the real work has no MRC? I would gladly pay $5 one time for this but I think these guys looking to derive residual income from googles voicemail platform is pushing it a little.

Hopefully I am missing something.
    Yeah I was gonna say that's pretty crappy on the developers part to expect a monthly subscription for an application that hooks into a free service.
  4. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    AVOID THIS APP! The positive reviews were premature. This app should be pulled from the catalog for grossly inaccurate description.

None of the following are mentioned:
    - Requires GoogleVoice
    - Locks you out after second use and shows a "PayPal" subscribe link

AVOID.
    ^^^^ u right
    thats wack
    says FREE, but only after you run the program does it say its only a TRIAL

what a rip off
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I just deleted the app. Why pay when Google Voice sends you a transcription via SMS for free.
    Totally inacurate description..crooks!!! There's nothing wrong with gdial!!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Took one look at it and saw google voice sign in and deleted it.
    I have gdial pro for that.
    I wanted to address all of these questions, concerns, etc.

We were actually a little taken off guard by the release of visual voicemail so fast. It was only submitted to Palm on Black Friday and then it went live today. Given my experience with gDial Pro, we were expecting to just get it in queue and work out the subscription details while it was sitting in the queue (oops our bad)

I have revised the notes at Palm to indicate the subscription fee as we weren't solid on the initial pricing when we submitted with Palm. Hopefully that gets revised quickly on their end.

And finally to answer the big question, "Isn't this functionality in gDial Pro for free plus a lot more?" The answer is yes. Development of gDial Pro as a free product is actually the core of Visual Voicemail and gDial Pro will continue to be free with all of the features it currently has.

So why pay for Visual Voicemail?
    For a lot of the guys/gals on Precentral, the answer is don't. Use gDial Pro, keep providing the feedback, and ignore Visual Voicemail.

Visual Voicemail is a stripped down version targeting people who don't want all the hassles and features in gDial as evidenced by the lack of preferences for setup. It is simply Visual Voicemail using the Sprint conditional forwarding feature and Google Voice. For all of the users that just want the voicemail and don't want the rest, we are providing this software which will keep its focus on simplicity and voicemail.

We are charging for that convenience. We decided to go with a 30 day trial for all users so that they can actually use it for themselves and decide whether they feel it is worth the added price for them given its convenience and simple focus.

Also, please provide your comments, questions, concerns as we are very open to hearing them. Right now we are trying to work out a business model on webOS and we will probably get it wrong at first
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    so I'm confused can you use this w.o having google voice like having it work with normal vm?
    First, nice work though GV isn't for me. Good to hear you're updating the fee info and hope you're also fixing the descrip to explain that it works through GV and isn't some standalone Sprint app. Seeing a lot of ****ed folks about the misleading description.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I wanted to address all of these questions, concerns, etc.

We were actually a little taken off guard by the release of visual voicemail so fast. It was only submitted to Palm on Black Friday and then it went live today. Given my experience with gDial Pro, we were expecting to just get it in queue and work out the subscription details while it was sitting in the queue (oops our bad)

I have revised the notes at Palm to indicate the subscription fee as we weren't solid on the initial pricing when we submitted with Palm. Hopefully that gets revised quickly on their end.

And finally to answer the big question, "Isn't this functionality in gDial Pro for free plus a lot more?" The answer is yes. Development of gDial Pro as a free product is actually the core of Visual Voicemail and gDial Pro will continue to be free with all of the features it currently has.

So why pay for Visual Voicemail?
    For a lot of the guys/gals on Precentral, the answer is don't. Use gDial Pro, keep providing the feedback, and ignore Visual Voicemail.

Visual Voicemail is a stripped down version targeting people who don't want all the hassles and features in gDial as evidenced by the lack of preferences for setup. It is simply Visual Voicemail using the Sprint conditional forwarding feature and Google Voice. For all of the users that just want the voicemail and don't want the rest, we are providing this software which will keep its focus on simplicity and voicemail.

We are charging for that convenience. We decided to go with a 30 day trial for all users so that they can actually use it for themselves and decide whether they feel it is worth the added price for them given its convenience and simple focus.

Also, please provide your comments, questions, concerns as we are very open to hearing them. Right now we are trying to work out a business model on webOS and we will probably get it wrong at first
    Thanks

I still think that charging as a subscription service is a little devious. This is a piece of software. I would probably buy it at $4.99 one time.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Nope. Requires GV amongst other things.
    No, it does require Google Voice to use it at this point.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    so I'm confused can you use this w.o having google voice like having it work with normal vm?
    By the sounds of it, you MUST have google voice. Without it, you will not get your typical voice mails visualy as stated. Bummer, if it could do that for Sprint voice mails, I would be even willing to pay. As it is, I don't use GV as I don't find it practical for me at this time.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Thanks

I still think that charging as a subscription service is a little devious. This is a piece of software. I would probably buy it at $4.99 one time.

Think TiVo. You already pay a cable subscription, then you have to pay an additional sub with TiVo... Hulu.com will be doing this as well. It is the world we live in unfortunatly....
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I have GV invites, PM me until gone.
    Don't know if everyone has seen, but there is going to be an alternative using YouMail called YouView.

YouMail has a free level of service that has no transcription, and a smaller inbox / shorter maximum message length, and you can pay to add features.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Don't know if everyone has seen, but there is going to be an alternative using YouMail called YouView.

YouMail has a free level of service that has no transcription, and a smaller inbox / shorter maximum message length, and you can pay to add features.
    And the youview app works rather well and you can do much more customization for voicemail than u can do on gvoice.

And i also use gdial pro as well I prefer 2 numbers gvoice for certain things and my longtime sprint number for other things.
    it may not be be the way gvoice is intended to work (1 number rings multiple devices ) BUT it works for me.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Well, it is back to being totally free for now as Palm doesn't allow "in app" transactions currently. So in all likelihood we will rework this app to have in app ads in a future version as well as some sort of ad-FREE version for a price.
    Become a fan on Facebook
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast