1.    #1  
    So since we aren't getting any help in the donor's forum, I figured I'd post here. Several of us are having the same issue where we install the donor version, and then when we try to apply the new 1.3.1 "patch" we get the following error

"Download from vz.aonic.net failed" Tried on Evdo at home and at work, at night and in the middle of the day, and tried on a wifi connection. It's like the file isn't even there. Aonic's only replies have been to try wifi connection and make sure you have enough space on your pre. Both of those are fine, so he stopped responding and now we have donated for a program that doesn't work.

Anyone else experiencing the same or have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When I installed the new update my camera crash. Can someone help please?
  3.    #3  
    That is a known side effect from the patch and is well documented. You have to disable the patch when you're not tethering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    That is a known side effect from the patch and is well documented. You have to disable the patch when you're not tethering.

I learned that the hard way. You think it would be mentioned in bold letters when you download the update.
  5.    #5  
    It's in the "fixed" thread "NOTE Camera App will stop working when wifi patch is turned on as well as video playback from youtube/video/sprint tv apps."

Still doesn't help me or anyone else though b/c we cannot download the patch.
    I too am having this problem. EV or WiFi, multiple reboots, uninstall then reinstall, nothing makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    It's in the "fixed" thread "NOTE Camera App will stop working when wifi patch is turned on as well as video playback from youtube/video/sprint tv apps."

Still doesn't help me or anyone else though b/c we cannot download the patch.
    Orion, can you point me to the best thread to help get me going with mytether? I've been working on it so long and am so frustrated. I've installed the program, also virturalbox and all that stuff I thought I had to do, I've opened mytether and it can't find drivers it needs, I've enabled USBtethering, I've read and read and read and I just am not sure what to do next. My laptop has vista 32 bit on it, but the stuff I read offeres drivers only for vista 64 so I have not done anything with that. Just not sure and feeling helpless. I'm going on a trip this weekend and wish I could get this working. I used to have a MotoQ and used PDA net which was much easier and I did not have to jump thru hoops to figure it out, so I'm frustrated with all this. When I look at my network connections I do not see a connection to this aonet or whatever it's called and my drivers are failing the install.

Thanks.

Doug
  8.    #8  
    and STILL not a peep from the developer, he is just sitting back and stealing money at this point.
  9.    #9  
    This is the one I used - http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html

It is linked on the mytether home page. I don't even use mytether anymore, i just use that driver.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Ya, I'm pretty much fed up with him too. I think he's just accepted that he cannot fix mytether now, and isnt telling anyone. All these suckers in the donors forum "Aonic is god, he is working night and day to get mytether up and runnning for us again." Some of these fools are actually donating more money.

C'mon people. He has been outsmarted. And now he is outsmarting you. DO NOT DONATE! Mytether does not work anymore!
    +1,000,000 I was scammed into thinking this guy had everything under control and now I'm out $15 and no working program.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan