Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'd pay a couple of quid for a travel app. Train and tube, ideally. If it had buses as well, that would be fantastic.

I raised a support case with Palm today to say that the TubeApp advertised on the Palm UK website wasn't available in AppCatalog. Palm Support first told me that I was looking at the US website, then claimed that the app was geo-restricted and the developer had probably chosen not to release TubeApp to UK users, then claimed that because I had some HomeBrew apps installed on my Pre that I would need to uninstall all these apps first before they would provide support. What a joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by bensonf View Post
    I'd pay a couple of quid for a travel app. Train and tube, ideally. If it had buses as well, that would be fantastic.

I raised a support case with Palm today to say that the TubeApp advertised on the Palm UK website wasn't available in AppCatalog. Palm Support first told me that I was looking at the US website, then claimed that the app was geo-restricted and the developer had probably chosen not to release TubeApp to UK users, then claimed that because I had some HomeBrew apps installed on my Pre that I would need to uninstall all these apps first before they would provide support. What a joke!
    What a shambles!
    Quote Originally Posted by bensonf View Post

yep, that's so typical Palm support indeed. shame really.

as for tube app, no problems paying 2 region for something that works well, especially if National Rail can be included.
    there is a proper tv catchup app for the pre in development. I have the alpha on my pre, ive been in touch with the guy developing it he said its coming along nicely. If you want the alpha i got it from the house of palm site.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    TVCatchup iPhone is a potenially nice way of doing it, but the Pre can not handle the .M3u8 format, as far as I know
    Quote Originally Posted by keatsseven View Post
    there is a proper tv catchup app for the pre in development. I have the alpha on my pre, ive been in touch with the guy developing it he said its coming along nicely. If you want the alpha i got it from the house of palm site.
    Yes, I emailed him back in January. At that time it was just a front end UI, without any meat and bones behind it.

If it can become a working app it would be really good
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Yes, I emailed him back in January. At that time it was just a front end UI, without any meat and bones behind it.

Cool !!!
    yes he was waiting to see if he would be able to use flash, but as flash seems to only work in the browser....

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Getting back to the subject of this travel app, are there any updates on its progress?
    +1 to the question - I spotted it when the Pre was just about to be first released and it would be a really good one to have on the UK phone.

Could we sue O2 for wrongful advertising? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Getting back to the subject of this travel app, are there any updates on its progress?
    Just for the record, I use the PalmOS Metro app under Classic, and it works just fine.

100% OK for now, but I would still pay for a webOS Tube app
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by keatsseven View Post
    Doesn't look like the alpha is on there any more, but this would be a nice application to have, along with iplayer.
    +1 for the tube app.... It's still on the Palm website!!

Also I'm sure other UK users would join my call for Sky to develop an App for WebOS... I miss being able to setup my Sky+ on my phone like I could on my crappy old Symbian Nokia.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian-boitano View Post
    +1 for the tube app.... It's still on the Palm website!!

Also I'm sure other UK users would join my call for Sky to develop an App for WebOS... I miss being able to setup my Sky+ on my phone like I could on my crappy old Symbian Nokia.
    Yep its still there:

Palm Pre Phone : Mobile Applications Palm UK

I would love the Sky news app and also the one to control Sky+. The Times, Guardian etc there are so many i would like to see on WebOS. Surely it would be so easy and cheap to port them over?! And now they can even sell them
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    Yep its still there:

Palm Pre Phone : Mobile Applications Palm UK

I would love the Sky news app and also the one to control Sky+. The Times, Guardian etc there are so many i would like to see on WebOS. Surely it would be so easy and cheap to port them over?! And now they can even sell them
    +1, I will pay for a rail app, particularly if it automaticaly locates your position via GPS. Sky+app and guardian app would also be awesome - come on uk devs, lets get some good uk specific apps.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Just for the record, I use the PalmOS Metro app under Classic, and it works just fine.

100% OK for now, but I would still pay for a webOS Tube app
    I'm a bit out of the city centre, so I'm moreso after rail information. Buses would probably be handy too for helping me find my drunken way home from town at night!
    I've put a challenge/request to non UK devs (as there doesn't seem to be any uk ones) here:

http:forums.precentral.net/web-os-de...evelopers.html

if anyone wants to comment
    Last edited by ukdoc; 04/11/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Palm actually sent me an email advertising the app store along with the tubeapp, and yet no tubeapp in the store. Rubbish!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    I've put a challenge/request to non UK devs (as there doesn't seem to be any uk ones) here:

http:forums.precentral.net/web-os-de...evelopers.html

if anyone wants to comment
    You fluffed the link up, your thread is here.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Bump
    Have posted a basic tube status app I wrote in the other thread posted above...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast