Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JJL89 View Post
    +1 Would definitely want some sort of National Rail app too!

+1 it would be very handy!
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Anyone know of a Tube app for the Palm Pre?

Have tried bumping this thread but no luck yet: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...k-tubeapp.html

I think it'd be awesome; a really USEFUL app (why are there so many useless ones!). I've seen a cool app on a colleague's iPhone, not sure what it's called but a quick search shows it could be "Tube Deluxe"...

Do we have any UK coders that can whip something up?
    well to be honest I got no idea why they advertise the tube app on their home page! its definately false advertising as its not available. not even an email address on their website to find out further information...

Palm Pre Phone : Mobile Applications Palm UK
    Accessible UK Train Timetables works well for National Rail Enquiries.

It is a mobile web page rather than an app but it achieves the same thing whilst we wait for National Rail to release a web os version. (it will be a long wait!)

For the tube try Travel Bits

Again, not perfect but better than nothing.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Calm down guys, lets get a Tube App first, before the NAtional Rail malarkey .

Quote Originally Posted by Madmann81 View Post
    well to be honest I got no idea why they advertise the tube app on their home page! its definately false advertising as its not available. not even an email address on their website to find out further information...

Palm Pre Phone : Mobile Applications Palm UK
    Jeez! I didn't even know Palm were 'advertising' it on their own website. The fact that we don't have the app is very false advertising. Very poor!
    Jeez! I didn't even know Palm were 'advertising' it on their own website. The fact that we don't have the app is very false advertising. Very poor!
    Hardly any of the apps on that page are actually available (at least in the UK). Very poor indeed.
    The iPhone tube app uses screen scraping to get the status updates, thus allows it to display quite nicely. It also uses PHP to gather the screen scrape which i am not sure we can do yet with the webOS dev kit.

Also using a London Underground map is costly as you need a license to use it. Costing over 500 it put me off finishing my Tube App. However i am in talks with TFL regarding the use of it, and how i could get away with providing a FREE app.

Just out of interest how much would people be willing to pay for the app? i know the iPhone one is around 59p.
    I think that 59p is a little cheap - I think 1.99 sounds reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I think that 59p is a little cheap - I think 1.99 sounds reasonable.
    +1
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I'm SO interested in having a tube app and I'd pay a couple of quid for it easily!
    Yep, a couple of pounds sounds good for me too provided it was a functional map, not just a fancy bitmap viewer.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Price paid would depend on functionality - what features does your unfinished application have?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    99p would be good, would stretch to a couple of quid depending on the functionality
    2 quid with proper route finding
    Well so far i have
    - Status Updates: Displaying the line status, with a message under it.
    - Tube Lines: Each line showing their stations, and interchanges.

To Add:
    - Tube Map
    - Route finder
    - Notifications of any issues, with the ability to turn in on and off.

For the route finder i was thinking of creating a national rail one, and integrate it in.

Paid Apps wont come until March in the UK, obviously i dont wanna over charge anyone, and personally i think 1.99 is quite a bit. I think the max i would charge is 99p.

Also i am thinking of making a TV App that will allow you to stream Live TV to your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by influenceuk View Post
    Well so far i have
    - Status Updates: Displaying the line status, with a message under it.
    - Tube Lines: Each line showing their stations, and interchanges.

To Add:
    - Tube Map
    - Route finder
    - Notifications of any issues, with the ability to turn in on and off.

For the route finder i was thinking of creating a national rail one, and integrate it in.

Paid Apps wont come until March in the UK, obviously i dont wanna over charge anyone, and personally i think 1.99 is quite a bit. I think the max i would charge is 99p.

Also i am thinking of making a TV App that will allow you to stream Live TV to your Pre
    Mate, this sounds incredible. I'm really pleased we've got a UK developer working on this stuff. I'd like to add that a National Rail route planner would very valuable to me, I use it all the time on the web, but having an app to do this would be great.

Good work, can't wait to see the apps.

Edit: Can I request that you include the DLR in the tube app?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Ditto.... influenceuk: sounds like great progress!

It would be also great to have the ability to select a station and see which tubes are approaching it and in how many minutes.

Sounds quite complex but I think the Tube Deluxe app on the iPhone does it?
    This is very promising, good luck influenceuk. I would also appreciate National Rail route planner and DLR. But i think TubeApp will be released when paid apps come. The TV app sounds interesting, would it just be BBC channels or pretty much anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Mate, this sounds incredible. I'm really pleased we've got a UK developer working on this stuff. I'd like to add that a National Rail route planner would very valuable to me, I use it all the time on the web, but having an app to do this would be great.

Good work, can't wait to see the apps.

Edit: Can I request that you include the DLR in the tube app?

The Tube app will include DLR, as i consider it part of the underground and obviously there are people who live and work in docklands. Also there is the olympics coming so it would be handy for these people.

I will look into the NR route planner, it may need to be added after the initial release.

The TV App i am looking at would do most freeview channels, its just if i can get it to work lol
    - BBC 1, 2, 3
    - ITV 1, 2, 3, 4
    - 4, e4, film4
    - Five, Fiver
    - Sky News, Sky Sports News, Sky 3
    etc etc I will try, but i cant promise anything.
    Ditto.... influenceuk: sounds like great progress!

It would be also great to have the ability to select a station and see which tubes are approaching it and in how many minutes.

Sounds quite complex but I think the Tube Deluxe app on the iPhone does it?
    Once again, this maybe a feature i will add in the next release. I am going to speak to TfL this week to discuss the Tube maps, and see what deal we can come up with
    Quote Originally Posted by influenceuk View Post
    The TV App i am looking at would do most freeview channels, its just if i can get it to work lol
    http:// iphone.tvcatchup.com is a potenially nice way of doing it, but the Pre can not handle the .M3u8 format, as far as I know
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast