1.    #1  
    There does not seem to be a place to give suggestions/comments, so I'm just making a new thread to post them.

1. Make a thread for suggestions/comments/bug reporting, maybe a separate one for bug reporting.

2. Mention in the the setup guide (both on your site and iTunes Remote Helper) about disabling firewall or allowing itunes remote helper through it. for me (running Windows 7) Windows automatically asked me to set the permissions, but I know one guy in the reviews in the app catalog, had to go manually disable firewall.

3. Also mention something about having remotes enabled in itunes, I had it disabled but I luckily remember that I did, and enabled it. I know that remotes are enabled by default in itunes, but it can't hurt mentioning to make sure that it is enabled.

4. Consider making the song title, artist name and maybe time, a bigger font in the player, I can read it fine (I have good eyes) but they are unnecessarily small.

Bug: While writing this I paused itunes (using remote) and about 3 min later pushed play within itunes, the apps screen froze at the state it was in, I could still pause skip and rewind, but the apps screen did not change in anyway. I rebooted the it and everything worked again.

Another thing that just happen was, the screen sort of faded out out like it was loading. Know how some apps on boot have the screen faded out with that grey translucent color that is the same color as launcher backround, it was like that. I flicked down and it went back to normal, there was a word or two on the screen, but I did notice until right before it went back to normal, so I did not catch what it said.
    Last edited by Rain of Lite; 11/30/2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    thanks for the detailed comments. Responses below prefixed by //

Quote Originally Posted by Rain of Lite View Post
    There does not seem to be a place to give suggestions/comments, so I'm just making a new thread to post them.

1. Make a thread for suggestions/comments/bug reporting, maybe a separate one for bug reporting.

//feel free to create threads as it makes sense

2. Mention in the the setup guide (both on your site and iTunes Remote Helper) about disabling firewall or allowing itunes remote helper through it. for me (running Windows 7) Windows automatically asked me to set the permissions, but I know one guy in the reviews in the app catalog, had to go manually disable firewall.

//done

3. Also mention something about having remotes enabled in itunes, I had it disabled but I luckily remember that I did, and enabled it. I know that remotes are enabled by default in itunes, but it can't hurt mentioning to make sure that it is enabled.

//didn't know about that. I have added it to the troubleshooting.

4. Consider making the song title, artist name and maybe time, a bigger font in the player, I can read it fine (I have good eyes) but they are unnecessarily small.

//at some point I want this to be possible through skinning. I have designed the app so that all the design info is in the css file and the images - so that should be fairly straightforward.

Bug: While writing this I paused itunes (using remote) and about 3 min later pushed play within itunes, the apps screen froze at the state it was in, I could still pause skip and rewind, but the apps screen did not change in anyway. I rebooted the it and everything worked again.

//let me know if you can figure out when/why that happens. I haven't seen it myself.

Another thing that just happen was, the screen sort of faded out out like it was loading. Know how some apps on boot have the screen faded out with that grey translucent color that is the same color as launcher backround, it was like that. I flicked down and it went back to normal, there was a word or two on the screen, but I did notice until right before it went back to normal, so I did not catch what it said.

//that is the 'lost connection' overlay. It isn't as clear as it should be what is going on there. You probably let the device turn off for a bit, so the wifi will have turned off. It takes a little while for that to turn on and reconnect.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I had a Palm Pre and I used it with a Mac and I had Remote Helper working fine, but I finally changed my Pre and I don't know how to "uninstall" Remote Helper from my Mac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

FAtristain
    Quote Originally Posted by FAtristain View Post
    I had a Palm Pre and I used it with a Mac and I had Remote Helper working fine, but I finally changed my Pre and I don't know how to "uninstall" Remote Helper from my Mac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

FAtristain
    I just found the way. Went to:
    ~/Users/.../Library/PreferencePane
    and remove the file...

This removed it from my preferences in my Mac...