Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have 2 phones I use Gvoice on. A moto droid with the android gvoice client on and a palm pre with gdial pro. When making a gdial pro call on the pre(forwarding number is set to pre on GV), my pre will actually ring first showing an incoming call from my Gvoice number. I then ignore the call, and then the phone number I called originally will start to ring. Why is this? Why does dialing a number from gdial pro cause my pre to ring first?
    because with Gdial pro is not fully intigrated like Gvoice on Android. It rings you first to let you know that it has dialed the number for you via google voice website, when it rings, answer it and you will then hear the number you just dialed ring. If Google doesnt make an fully integrated app for the pre this is the only way to make calles on the pre with third party GV apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by inletdoc View Post
    I have 2 phones I use Gvoice on. A moto droid with the android gvoice client on and a palm pre with gdial pro. When making a gdial pro call on the pre(forwarding number is set to pre on GV), my pre will actually ring first showing an incoming call from my Gvoice number. I then ignore the call, and then the phone number I called originally will start to ring. Why is this? Why does dialing a number from gdial pro cause my pre to ring first?
    What SoCalMario said is correct. The GVoice client on Android uses an API that I have not been able to find any details on. It is totally different than even the website Google Voice API in that it allows the phone to call out to a phone number usually somewhere in your state or nearby that then directly connects to the end user.

I have requested the details of the API from the Google Voice team, but they are not ready to release them at this time for third parties
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook