Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    If you are having problems lately signing into your Facebook account via the native photo application, I found the fix.

First, make sure you back up your contacts, calendar, yada yada to another syncable account. I do mine through Gmail anyways...

Go to
    - Backup: Turn backup to OFF. It will then say something about it deleting your saved Profile data. You DO want this. Accept the prompt.

- Device Info: Full Restart. This will erase everything on your Pre. However, it will keep whatever version of OS update you have installed.

- After the Pre reboots, sign into your Palm Profile as usual.

- To make sure that it will work, go to Photos/ the tab at the top/ Preferences and Accounts/ create new account/ Facebook...sign into your Facebook acct. MAKE SURE YOU ARE TYPING IN THE CORRECT INFO.

Your Facebook info should start syncing, including your other applications, such as contact, and calendar.

You will have to go to Calendar, or Email and get your accounts syncing from there.

And when you are done, simply restart your Pre.

** IF THIS HELPS- TAP THE THANKS BUTTON.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This sounds harsh for a facebook app most people say is not very good. I have never been able to log in and try it so cant say first hand. But failure to log in over and over, even after delete, re install, power resets using "User Name" instead of email.. is not a good start for this app and me.
    lol....
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunooh View Post
    This sounds harsh for a facebook app most people say is not very good. I have never been able to log in and try it so cant say first hand. But failure to log in over and over, even after delete, re install, power resets using "User Name" instead of email.. is not a good start for this app and me.

That is because this has nothing to do with the Facebook app that was recently added to the Palm. This has to do with the Photo app already installed on the Pre. When you tap a photo, it gives you the option to "upload", and that is where people are having problems.

Please don't take offense, but I would like to save this thread for people that are having problems with this feature, not opinions. thank you.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    I actually had this same problem when I first updated to the 1.3.1... Instead I did a webdoc. And was a victim of the Palm rain cloud. (lost 300+). My original was on a wiped Centro. (boo)

but.... It did fix Facebook login/yahoo login credential problem...

but now.... (not joking) my Facebook app (palms) doesn't log in. I hit the login button and nothing. Deleted, reinstalled... Everything. It just doesn't want my pre to use it. (might be a good thing... )
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=JohnnyPre;2066640]I actually had this same problem when I first updated to the 1.3.1... Instead I did a webdoc.

i had tried the webdoc as well, but i think my problem was somewhere in the palm profile. long story...
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Sorry, that is not a solution.

Instead delete all facebook accounts on the phone. There are three: photo, contacts, calendar. Then reenter your facebook account in contacts OR calendar. It will reappear in all three apps. You're done. It worked just fine for me.

Now, here is where the Thanks! button really is appropriate ;-)
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post

Instead delete all facebook accounts on the phone. There are three: photo, contacts, calendar. Then reenter your facebook account in contacts OR calendar. It will reappear in all three apps. You're done. It worked just fine for me.

first off Ralfie, if you are going to come onto a thread that i started to help people, don't disrespect me. add to what i have to say, maybe share what helped you. don't talk *****.

second buddy, i have been there, done that. i am happy that that worked for you... but now, this thread is for people that that doesn't work for.

if you would have read any of the other related threads similar to this one, you would have seen that i had spent alot of time with Palm Support, trying many different things with no luck.

the problem, as many people will find, is when you sign back into your palm profile. notice (if you are experiencing this problem) that when it shows the list of your accounts to be synced, that there may be two (2) Facebook accounts- your normal one (which will have your email address in plain text underneath the word "Facebook"), and another one (which only has the Facebook logo and word Facebook next to the logo. it does not have your email address under it.)... yes, you can skip that account, but somehow, it kept getting loaded for me.

hopefully, this has helped some of you. for those of you having similar issues, please give me some feedback on if this helped you, or if you had to go another route. thank you- MedicX
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Didn't mean to offend you, MedicX, sorry. Only wanted to save some people from setting up their whole palm again, as this was the only solution you posted several times ;-)

Have you restarted your Pre after deleting all facebook accounts and before reentering?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Didn't mean to offend you, MedicX, sorry. Only wanted to save some people from setting up their whole palm again, as this was the only solution you posted several times ;-)

Have you restarted your Pre after deleting all facebook accounts and before reentering?

then i apologize...i tried so many things to fix this. i had erased every stinking account in every app, and still the same freaking thing. so, like i said, if that is all you had to do, then that is awesome. i myself, have my stuff backed up on gmail- the few people that i care to save, and the rest are from facebook and that makes it nice because of the picture syncing.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    After the update I couldn't upload pictures. So, I deleted the Facebook account in Photos, Calendar, and Contacts, then rebooted and added the Facebook account back into the Contacts. Magically, it re-appeared in all three applications, I can now upload photos to Facebook again!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    That is because this has nothing to do with the Facebook app that was recently added to the Palm. This has to do with the Photo app already installed on the Pre. When you tap a photo, it gives you the option to "upload", and that is where people are having problems.

Please don't take offense, but I would like to save this thread for people that are having problems with this feature, not opinions. thank you.
    Sorry,

I am having trouble with the "app" and logging in, guess I read into it to much.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azsightsound View Post
    After the update I couldn't upload pictures. So, I deleted the Facebook account in Photos, Calendar, and Contacts, then rebooted and added the Facebook account back into the Contacts. Magically, it re-appeared in all three applications, I can now upload photos to Facebook again!
    yessssssss
    thank you
    nice
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunooh View Post
    Sorry,

I am having trouble with the "app" and logging in, guess I read into it to much.
    reinstall
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azsightsound View Post
    Thank you! This is a very simple and relatively quick fix that works!

thanks, havet upload pics for a month till I read ur post...now it works great!!!!!!!!