Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    working now...weird.
    Last edited by jtorres; 11/27/2009 at 06:39 PM.
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem....It tells me I'm out of memory, which I am not since I can download apps from the Homebrew. I think Palm has a bug in 1.3.1
    someone said something about a soft reset to fix this issue
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you are not the only one. I am getting "App Catalog unavailable. Try again later."

I have a Germany unlock GSM Pre and I am physically in Australia. I have contacted palm helpline and was told the phone is checking the APP server in Germany. Because I am in Australia, I will not be able to connect the Germany server. I don't know what's the logic behind this. I am able to update webOS from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1 but I am not allow to use Germany app catalog server.
    "App Catalog unavailable. Try again later." This when trying to download the app. I received payment confirmation in my email and when I reopen the app catalog I have the option to download again for free. When I try I get the same error. I restarted Luna with the same results..
    a partial reset is supposed to fix this.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have the same problem, in Italy.
    Since upgrading the german pre to 1.3.1., the app catalogue stopped working.
    Are we stuck to what we already have only?

There should not be any problems or restrictions inside the E.U.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    DO a soft reset (reset the whole phone not just the app) does fix this! i paid for an app & it started to download in the middle of the download i got the "app catalog not available" or what ever it says , i was 2 work so i just let it go for then, came home & still same issue, jumped on wifi same issue, i finally look up here no one else complaining so figure it must me me do a soft reset & download it again & it is all ok!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msross View Post
    I am having the same problem....It tells me I'm out of memory, which I am not since I can download apps from the Home brew. I think Palm has a bug in 1.3.1
    i think that is different problem, app catalog has 1 specific place it can & will save apps & it is rather small (i don't recall numbers off hand) home brew apps are put in a different area of the phones memory! Palm is working on this but since you do use home brew apps there should be an app limit fix i belive!
    Is a soft reset a "partial reset" as it says on the "device information" app?
    how do i do a soft reset?
    There are three ways to do a soft reset on the Palm Pre:
    1. Hold down the Orange button, Sym and the letter "R" (like Ctrl+Alt+Del).
    2. Go to Device Info --> Reset Options. Then you can choose Soft Reset, Partial Erase or Full Erase.
    3. Hold the power button and cycle the ringer on/off three times.

from unwir3d.com

I did it a couple of times, but my app catalogue still doesn't work. It is always "unavailable"
    I found this comment by palmdoc2005:

1.3.1 Completely breaks the App Catalog for those of us who bought the unlocked GSM Palm Pre and activated it with a Sim card other than O2 or "approved" networks.
    The App Catalog sadly is no longer available unless Palm changes their minds and allows access

Anway, thank goodness we have Homebrew!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ok well the app catalog works for me but I cant download my program that I bought this morning and I have a normal Pre.

Trying to download Timepiece and I already paid for it but since 9am this morning. I tap 'download again for free' and nothing happens. Says its downloading and thats it.

Are other people having this downloading issue?

Edit: Forgot to add that I tried to report a bug and after I hit send. I was told that the catalog is unavailable.
    app catalog is not working for me right now either . it will be back up soon im sure
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Make that two apps that are not working for me now. Friendsbook wont download.
    I dont care about friendsbook to much but the timepiece I do care about because I paid for it but that was what I planned to use to wake me up in the morning lol.. Im screwed!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Kinda figured out my issue. I just uninstalled all my tweaks and timepiece finally downloaded.
    As to what tweak caused my issue. I dont know.
    I've been trying to purchase an app and it keeps telling me "Unknown Error" Failure. Only with paid apps. I was able to download a free app. I thought it would be a credit card issue but the card is fine. It doesn't even let me create a new account. I get the same error. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

UPDATE: A quick reboot of the Pre took care of the problem.
    Last edited by cash70; 12/02/2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Update
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Ok I finally got a message from the palm support team.
    And I have answered to that

As I cannot post links on this board, I have copied and pasted the two messages below.

App catalog problems
    If you purchased an unlocked Palm Pre in Europe using a SIM card from a wireless service provider from a country other than Germany, Ireland, Spain, or the UK, the error message
    App Catalog unavailable appears when you open the App Catalog. Your Palm profile is associated with the country and wireless service provider of the SIM card in the phone when you created your profile. At the present time, apps are certified for Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the UK. App Catalog is unavailable unless your SIM card is from one of these four countries. To fix the problem, create a new Palm profile using a SIM card from a wireless service provider in Germany, Ireland, Spain, or the UK. Turn off your phone, inserted the new SIM card, turn the phone on, and perform a partial erase. After the phone restarts, create a new Palm profile. Once the profile is created, shut down the phone, insert your original SIM card, and restart the phone. Log in to the newly-created profile. Open App Catalog to see available apps.
    HardBeatZ
    Tech Support

[my reply:]

Thank you for your reply.
    I've been a loyal palm user since the first palm pilot back in ... ages ago.

Time has come to leave and go.

Being such a loyal customer, I have bought my new Palm Pre, without even waiting for it to be distributed in my country, out of love and lust for the newborn jewel.

But I now find out that Palm does not care about me, and is actually trying to make my life harder.
    I cannot have new software, and probably soon, in the next release, you will inhibit me to update my o.s. !!! (because I am a loyal customer, but I live in a different country)

Ok, It took me years to decide to change my treo 650, and now, time has come to forget Palm altogether.

Thank you Palm, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

It's time for Android.

I'll be putting my Palm Pre on Ebay tomorrow, but of course on the GERMAN version!!!!!!

bye.

and old friend from Italy.

It's very sad.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Happens to me with a different app: Net2Streams Lite. Have a Sprint Pre. Chatted with Palm support- no help there. Told me to wait a few days, maybe the version in the catalog is broken and will be fixed... Dunno...
    I imagined it would be screwy... honsetly the entire pre experiece has been this way... unfortunately, it was very promising... i really like multitasking, but i need to at least be able to task to be able to MULTItask...

OK, i'll leave it under the leg of the rocky table for a few months, hopefully in a little while palm addresses these stupid "features" it has on board... plus, my profile says US, why look at where the hell my sim card is from? Or is palm thinking that they will strike deals with carriers all over the world!??!?! hauhauahuahua stupid little palm thinks they still have some power....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast