1.    #1  
    Is there any way to install Blazer on the Pre for use with Classic?

There are a few sites that, at least for me, are easier to view with Blazer than with the Pre's web browser, and it would be nice to have the option.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is there any way to install Blazer on the Pre for use with Classic?

There are a few sites that, at least for me, are easier to view with Blazer than with the Pre's web browser, and it would be nice to have the option.
    what an awesome question, this would be great. I doubt it though might be a licensing issue. If you search around the treocentral forums you might be able to find Webpro 3.5 or 3.0 to download and try
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I doubt it though might be a licensing issue.
    I don't see why ... they were able to include the rest of the "basic" palm apps with Classic (e.g. Calendar, Calc, Card Info, Contacts, Memos, Prefs, Security, Tasks, World Clock)... don't see why Blazer couldn't be included when it has been a standard feature of every Palm OS device (at least as far back as my Tungsten T5). Maybe MotionApps could clarify...

Is Webpro functionally similar to Blazer? I might look for it when I get a chance.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

10 points for migs! Thanks!

It is actually related to licensing issues, and if you remember, “clean” Classic only includes native Palm OS apps, without any third party apps – such as Blazer.

Happy Thanksgiving guys…
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  5.    #5  
    So is there any possibility of purchasing it or acquiring a license?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

what about opera mobile? Anyone one get java working?
    Google for Webpro 3.5, there's a working link in one of the first few results. Technically we're not licensed to use either Blazer or WebPro on the Pre, so I don't want to link directly.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've never used Blazer on Palm OS but could it really be better than webOS's webkit based browser? I'm gonna guess 'no', unless it adds some really really useful features. Possibly worth using since a second web browser would be kinda cool.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!