1.    #1  
    Im curious peoples, I had the Moto Q before the Pre and I was able to get The Emulator Pocketnesterplus ported to my Q which ran flawlessly.

So now I have the Pre...and I miss having the ability to play Nintendo Games.

So my Question to all of you is this...

Does anyone know of a nintendo emulator for the WebOS? and if so, could you post the link?

If not...wouldn't it be nice if there was a app to play nintendo games.

wink wink wink...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ww.webos-internals.org/wiki/Nintendo

It's not a simple install and I haven't tried it my self but it is something to take a look at.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    It would be nice if there was a homebrew app for Nintendo games. The webos-internals.org/wiki/Nintendo version looks scary to me, I'm afraid I might brick my Pre.
    I hope someone outthere is working on making this a little easier for us meadiocre type of precentral members. :-) Pretty please.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    If they can figure out video recording, they will figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    It would be nice if there was a homebrew app for Nintendo games. The webos-internals.org/wiki/Nintendo version looks scary to me, I'm afraid I might brick my Pre.
    I hope someone outthere is working on making this a little easier for us meadiocre type of precentral members. :-) Pretty please.
    It's won't brick your Pre, the changes are superficial enough to be fixed by the Dr.

But yeah, if the SDK opens up a bit it'll probably come pretty soon after that, possibly even a snes verson as well.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Sadly, there is a greater demand for Video Recording than there is for a NES Emulator. Personally, I'd prefer the emulator. I hope someone picks this project up.
    If it can already be done on the pre, even as advanced as it is, whats stopping someone from simply automating and packaging the processes detailed on WebOS Internals into an app?

Just wondering haha.

Btw, a NES and SNES emulator would be nice, but maybe support for gameboy and gameboy color too. I want my pokemans Maybe once access to the GPU is made available, maybe even N64 and Playstation games could be played. Certainly the pre could do it.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    PSX4Pre has shown that it can be done. To my understanding the Nintendo Emulator runs outside of Luna, meaning you wouldn't be able to do anything else on your phone when you ran the emu. Once the GPU gets turned on it might be easier to build a native app, or port a linux one. I'd love a Gameboy/Color emulator. It'd work well for the size of the screen, too.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ah, that be nice.
    Wow I think I'm getting old, because I would love to play some Game Boy Mario when I have a minute to waste instead of some fancy iphone like g-sensor game. Sorry for the bit of a tangent but I just like to remember old games that had stories not just cool graphics and a 3-hour run through.
    Agree...I used to love playing old games in emulation on my Zodiac palm. Looking forward to when the SDK acesses hardware, so much more will happen.
    I just wish there could be a package that could be installed on my pre, and I could run a command with Terminal to kill the phone and start the emulator, thats gotta be possible now?
    I remember FCEultra being available on preware then it disappeared.

Id do anything to find a working NES emulator.. Im half tempted to buy classic to play the previous palm NES emulators but i guess buttons wont work
    any chance we can get this on preware???
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    There is DEFINITELY a NES and GB emulator out there
    NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals

Its really not that hard to install and get working. I have very basic linux knowledge (frankly, I had none before owning my Pre, but PreCentral changed all that) and I got it up and running in a couple hours. and most of that time was spent renaming my roms.

Very easy if you sit down and have the patience for it.