Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I downloaded the new AccuWeather app and I like the new animated radar. I would prefer it animate automatically but at least it is now animated.

I wish they would add almanac info like the average high and low for a day, as well as a 36 hour forecast, but my main use for a weather app is a good radar, so I like it.
    I agree. Overall it's now the best weather app. Starts way faster than the free version as well. Perhaps that has something to due with loading adds? The radar is great and you scan pan allover the entire country without slow reloads.
    Weather Channel app has animated radar (automatic) and 36 hour forecast. You ever try that one?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I just wish one of the weather apps would allow for capacitive touch zoom within the radar, then I'll be happy to crown a champion.. While we are on the subject, can anyone recommend a web based animated radar that works on the Pre (and allows for pinch zoom)..
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    My biggest gripe about these radars is how old they are. It's tough to find an animated radar that's up to the minute. In Miami a few minutes can mean the difference between sun and a torrential downpour. I use justweather.com and it's radar is very current but unfortunately it only has weather for 5 US cities. I would pay quite a bit for a realtime radar app.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    No offense but can a mod move this to the correct forum? Thanks.
    I haven't tried the pay version of Accuweather, but besides the animated Radar is there anything else new and improved compared to the old version? I bought Weatherbug Elite, and I am pretty happy with it, though the animated radar takes a while to load, but at least they fixed the poor zooming issue! Has anyone tried both for a direct comparison?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I haven't tried the pay version of Accuweather, but besides the animated Radar is there anything else new and improved compared to the old version? I bought Weatherbug Elite, and I am pretty happy with it, though the animated radar takes a while to load, but at least they fixed the poor zooming issue! Has anyone tried both for a direct comparison?
    No, basically the only 'improvement' to the free app is the animated radar. Everything else remained the same.

And I like the Weather Channel app, but I like the animated radar on AccuWeather better. It appears to be more accurate, but yes, there is a little more 'weather' info on the WC's app.

Unfortunately I have to keep both apps handy depending on the information I want, but at least we now have choices compared to when the Pre first came out.
    Does it update on the specified interval or update at all if you leave it in a card view (not maximized)? So far, only BWeather is working correctly with automatic refresh/update. All other ones I tried failed to update automatically (Weather Channel and AccuWeather free version). Could you try it?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Robrasta - for a zoomable web-based animated radar site that works on the Pre, try The Weather Channel at mw.weather.com ...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Robrasta - for a zoomable web-based animated radar site that works on the Pre, try The Weather Channel at mw.weather.com ...

Thanks Josh !! Should do for now ...
    I downloaded this app this morning (the free AccuWeather app was my favorite weather app), and it hasn't updated once. Moreover, it doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's running in the background, or if I close it and open it -- there's no change whatsoever. Anyone else having this problem?

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    is that damn ad gone from the pay pro version??
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    is that damn ad gone from the pay pro version??
    I forgot about that, but yes, it appears to be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post
    I downloaded this app this morning (the free AccuWeather app was my favorite weather app), and it hasn't updated once. Moreover, it doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's running in the background, or if I close it and open it -- there's no change whatsoever. Anyone else having this problem?

Regards,
    Adam
    Then, it seems like bWeather is the only one that updates in an interval...sigh...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post

Regards,
    Adam
    I don't leave mine open, but everytime I open it and check the radar, which has been a half-dozen times today, it has updated to the latest radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    I don't leave mine open, but everytime I open it and check the radar, which has been a half-dozen times today, it has updated to the latest radar.
    could you leave it opened and see if it updates itself after the preset interval? Thanks
    Okay, now it seems to be working. I think the problem was that I had both this version and the free version loaded on my Pre at the same time. After I deleted the free app and reset my Pre, all was right in the universe.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    could you leave it opened and see if it updates itself after the preset interval? Thanks
    My screen blanks out on the radar after a couple of minutes so I have to restart it either way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast