Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm having problems with the video player. Videos that were already on the device that used to work no longer play and newly converted videos don't work either. The new videos will play, but there is an error message button in front of them, and you can't hear the sound. Videos were converted using DVD Catalyst 3, with the Pre HQ setting and loaded using media sync/itunes.

I also have some vids downloaded from the youtube app that play ok.

any suggestions on how to fix this or what is causing this?
    Last edited by brentb; 11/24/2009 at 07:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I used doubletwist to copy videos over before & they worked fine. It seems that since I installed 1.3.1, they won't play & now I can't copy over any more from DT. I'm trying handbrake to convert one to mp4 now, we'll see what happens.

Just converted that file & it shows up in my video player, but I get an error when trying to play it: "There was an error playing the file". Nice & generic & unhelpful error message!
    Last edited by McRoth; 11/25/2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: update
    Same problem here. All my vids ".3gp" used to play, now I get that same error.
    same here, my .mp4 favorite movies are pulling up an error. Really ****ty cuz I'm gunna take a 4hr bus ride in a few hrs from now
    Has anybody figured this out? I get this error when I try to play a youtube video.

Thanks!

Brian
    yeah, I'm unable to play anything loaded through ITUNES.
    Do you guys have MyTether with the 1.3.1 patch applied? The developer has documented that this breaks the camera and video playback while enabled.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. The video comes up and a error message covers the screen. If you have itunes on your computer, I believe that is what did it. When I back my files and put them back on my phone, the error messages began! The files need to be converted because the "Codecs" is missing. Every video file in iTunes had to be converted, there first to replace its Codecs. Then I used Replayer SP, to convert it for Palm Pre. (by dragging it from iTunes to Replayer converter) Replayer SP is made for Pre. You can select the device. Bad thing is, that because the Codecs was missing, some of the videos became very poor in quality! I haven't found a better way to fix this problem!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    OK, i've never even tried mytether and have these problems. I've been using itunes all along, and have not altered videos that used to work on the pre, but now don't. This may have something to do with the 1.3.1 upgrade. I was thinking it might be more a memory management issue. I have tried a few scenarios to get more apps on the device, so maybe that has something to do with it as well.
    I would second the memory management issue too. First because these are videos that worked before, second because of a hint in the /var/log/messages file: there apparently is some kind of a system watchdog that will kill the video decoding process if it takes too long to start. Which usually happens when free memory is low...

Whenever I get the video playback error (on videos I know they are fine), I usually just remove a few open cards to free up some memory and give the video a retry. And remove some more cards until I succeed!

I wish Palm engineers would have provided a more appropriate message in this case.

For what it's worth.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i just tried adding and playing a movie i converted to .mp4 using handbrake, (Coraline-1.79GB), no luck, got error.

then, deleted it, added an episode of the Simpsons that i converted using handbrake to .mp4, (Season 6-FEAR OF FLYING-294mb), played fine.

must be the size?
    Last edited by toofless; 12/09/2009 at 02:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I cant even play a small 30 second clip I was able to play before, let alone a whole simpsons episode, so I doubt size is the issue.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Wheres the flash player?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    i bought 123copy from target for 30 dollars and i can copy dvds and convert to mp4 at the same time to under 1gig and plays fine on my pre and pixi
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    If you have My Tether installed, you will need to uninstall the My Tether patch in order to playback videos. If this helped, please thank
    I get the error sometimes but mostly I'm now getting a different problem. Idk if its patch related. When streaming video for a bit of time (so far youtube or sprint tv) my screen goes green & the device becomes entirely unresponsive. I have to take out the battery to even get it to reboot

p.s. Havnt tethered
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 12/17/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    I am having the same problems. I THINK it happened after using/installing MyTether, but even though I uninstall it (using "Tether Installer.exe"), youtube videos and regular videos do not work at all! Please help!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    Do you guys have MyTether with the 1.3.1 patch applied? The developer has documented that this breaks the camera and video playback while enabled.
    How did I know I was going to forget this... Thank you.
    How do you disable the patch? I uninstalled MyTether and I still can't play videos with the Video Player or YouTube...
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    you click on options in mytether on your phone. where it has the DHCP enable option and lcd option. in there, there is a patch disable option. it will also let your camera work again too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast