1.    #1  
    OK, so I love the upgrade from Blazer to the webOS browser. And I hate it too! I love that I can now surf so many sites that were long off limits in my TX/Treo/Centro days. But I HATE the fact that I can't view certain sites that I used to read all the time on Blazer and the PalmOS. Please tell me there is a solution for viewing these sites:

1) This very site! Precentral.net's forums are so hard to read. The font is either WAY too small or I'm scrolling back and forth like a madman. Either way, I consider it unsuable. Both the mobile version and the real thing are just unacceptable on my Pixi and I had the same problems on my Pre.

2) Fatwallet.com's mobile site. Like above, it's just impossible to read. Either the font is incredibly small or I have to scroll all over the place just to read a sentence.

3) Bank of America. I can't use their mobile site--when I try to click on the login link, it just refreshes the screen. I can't use the regular site--for a split second I see my accounts...and then they heart of the screen, with all my info, disappears and I just have a BoA header with a white screen.

4) Google. Yes, even simple good doesn't work for me and here's why. In Blazer, as soon as you typed into a filed that was too small to display the test, it opened up a whole box for you to see what you were typing. You could tap twice on a search query and it would highlight the whole thing so you could delete it and start over. I can not get any such functionality on my Pixi and it makes refining searches maddening.

Please, please, please, any help will return me to sanity! Maybe the solution is to use Blazer in Classic. Can you do that? TIA.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    1) This very site! Precentral.net's forums are so hard to read. The font is either WAY too small or I'm scrolling back and forth like a madman. Either way, I consider it unsuable.
    For this site you should be using http://m.precentral.net/ I dig the way I can double tap on a column and it magically knows how far to zoom.
    lol, I'm reading this on my pre. Non-mobile version too. No problems here. Just don't uderstand the post. And why go from pre to pixi?
    I use the BofA online banking site on my Pre all the time, and it works great 98% of the time. The URL I use is https://www.bankofamerica.com/mobile/richui.do#_home

It is somewhat basic compared to the full site, but it works pretty well.

(Posted from my Pre, as described in the 2nd post)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/23/2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    When I'm on my pre and in forums I double tap the first post and it auto zooms to exactly the right width. If you need to zoom in further to read, turn the phone to landscape mode and double tap. I have large hands so I need to slide the keyboard out to hold it properly and not activate the touch area. When you select a text field the pre will zone to make it full screen also.

Lastly, and probably the true source of your problems, make sure you updated your webOS. The pre didn't ship with a good double tap zoom. It's been fixed for a few updates (1 or 2). The Pixi did ship with a browser with these features so out of the box it will feel nicer. The problems you describe were the same ones I had before they released the update.

Also, go back and get the Pre if its not to late. It's 100% worth the bigger screen alone.
    The only thing I miss about Blazer is the ability to switch to "optimized" format which formats the columns more evenly and allows for easier up/down scrolling. But with flick scrolling and no 5-way navigator the up/down issue is not that big a deal. Sometimes to get text big enough to read it extends beyond either side of the screen, requiring sideways scrolling. Would be nice if there was a way to get it to wrap within the confines of the screen without shrinking the size of the text to where you need a magnifying glass. :-)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I have the same problem with Bank of America and it's exteremely frustrating. Neither the full or mobile site work. I tried clearing cookies/history.

Anyone got a fix? Maybe I should contact Palm tech support...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I am a Newbie to the Pre. I had almost all of the Palms, then many WM devices and now the Pre. I agree completely with danspalome #1 and Jeffcoat. Reading the forums is terrible with all of the back and forth. I am shocked that this isnt more of any issue. It seems so basic. 1) zoom in to what ever size you want 2) it adjust so that it doesnt extend past the screen.

This, an now spell checker may be reason to return. VERY disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    I am a Newbie to the Pre. I had almost all of the Palms, then many WM devices and now the Pre. I agree completely with danspalome #1 and Jeffcoat. Reading the forums is terrible with all of the back and forth. I am shocked that this isnt more of any issue. It seems so basic. 1) zoom in to what ever size you want 2) it adjust so that it doesnt extend past the screen.

This, an now spell checker may be reason to return. VERY disappointed.
    Are you using the mobile version of the forums (m.forums.precentral.net)? It works very well. If the text still isn't big enough, you can rotate to landscape view.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thank you, i just tried it and it is better however it blows my mind that even if i want to enlarge it a little bit it goes off the screen. Why!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Thank you, i just tried it and it is better however it blows my mind that even if i want to enlarge it a little bit it goes off the screen. Why!
    It's because the mobile site allows a max zoom of 4.0 which is four times the width of the screen.
    Bank of America will work perfectly if you uncheck "Save this Online Id" and "Remember this device". Before trying again, clear your cookies and re-launch the browser.

It's annoying that you can't have it remember the device and user name, but it does work and is pretty fast. I think the reason is due to your IP address constantly changing. Anyone else know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    When I'm on my pre and in forums I double tap the first post and it auto zooms to exactly the right width. If you need to zoom in further to read, turn the phone to landscape mode and double tap. I have large hands so I need to slide the keyboard out to hold it properly and not activate the touch area. When you select a text field the pre will zone to make it full screen also.
    Also if you add the MultiMod patch, when you slide the keyboard out, it will stay in landscape mode regardless of the orientation. This comes in handy for typing posts in the forums.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Sorry but your a bit nuts ii

The browser on the Pre is awesome and I have yet to find a site that is really bad. Some are better than others sure, but overall it is a HUGE night and day difference on my Pre versus Blazer. Auto zoom/pinch and zoom and landscape viewing makes every site a joy to use even the non-mobile ones!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!