1.    #1  
    Hi all,

after a long night of reading, and after installing Optware on my Pre using the below link.

webos-internals.org/wiki/Next_steps

i was intrested to do this since i always wanted to have all of my network security tools in my mobile phone.

and today it worked.

tcpdump, nmap, and ettercap worked on the pre.

attached are the screen shots.

i ran them using the terminal on the pre.

i'll spend more time testing the commands + look for more ipkg for network testing/security ,,,, it was fun and i'm excited to use the pre as a pocket network security Auditing/hacking tool.

feel free to ask me any question.

all the hard work goes to Optware team, i just managed to installed the pakages on my pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Awesome make sure install netcat also.. really good fast tool to have..

Did you do anything special to get ettercap running? i remember trying to install that a couple of months ago and was getting errors..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ws6kid View Post
    Awesome make sure install netcat also.. really good fast tool to have..

Did you do anything special to get ettercap running? i remember trying to install that a couple of months ago and was getting errors..
    i just installed it the normal way "ipkg-opt install ettercap"

there is another biuld ettercap-ng, whcih i didn't manage to install.

i'll try it again, I guess it needs me to uninstall ettercap first.

i'm hoping to be able to make a GUI on the pre for these apps.

just downloaded the mojo kit and i hope i'll get some free time to biuld a GUI for nmap as a start.
    Please add a some wiki pages to webos-internals.org to document what these are and how you use them.

Adding documentation is the best way to thank the team that provides these utilities for you

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    To where does it install the executables?

EDIT: /opt/sbin/ettercap

I'm getting "screen must be at least 25x80"

Thanks!
    is there a wiki on how to remove packages. I installed a program via ipkg-opt and i want to remove it. I used the command ipkg remove <filename> (I inserted the actuall filename) but it tells me now package found. I know the program works but i dont wont it on the phone anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8299 View Post
    is there a wiki on how to remove packages. I installed a program via ipkg-opt and i want to remove it. I used the command ipkg remove <filename> (I inserted the actuall filename) but it tells me now package found. I know the program works but i dont wont it on the phone anymore.
    Just like you used ipkg-opt to install, you need to use the same program to remove. ipkg and ipkg-opt use different database areas and different install locations.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I don't have the command line in front of me so I'm responding from memory, but you first run the command

Code:
    ipkg-opt list_installed
    to get a list of your installed packages. From there, you identify the package you want to remove and run

Code:
    ipkg-opt remove <package_name>
    where <package_name> is the name from the list_installed output, I believe without any version number.
    Sorry I figured it out before i checked here. I realized that i was only putting ipkg instead of ipkg-opt. I hate when I make mistakes like that. Thank you for your quick response. I would like to thank rwhitby and meandmypre.
    Love to know how you got nmap working. the NSLU2 feed seems to be down for awhile now, and Ark Mirror yields mixed errors. ~sigh~

--Update--

NSLU2 feeds are back up. ipkg-opt install nmap worked without a hitch. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Nitrus; 08/08/2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Feeds now up 08/08/2010
    hi all,

how to install tcpdump on Pre Plus / webOS 1.4.5?

thanks
    Could you please let us know where you got the .ipk files for those tools (specially tcpdump)? I couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks

Best Regards,
    Carlos
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos2180 View Post
    Could you please let us know where you got the .ipk files for those tools (specially tcpdump)? I couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks

Best Regards,
    Carlos
    They are in Optware.

-- Rod
    How did you install ipkg-opt on a Pre 3? I can't seem to find anything current.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    How did you install ipkg-opt on a Pre 3? I can't seem to find anything current.
    It's in Preware.

-- Rod