1.    #1  
    can someone make a app that plays videos in playlist instead of 1 at a time. i have like 120 music videos thanks to realplayer downloads
    VLC is a desktop media player which has already been ported to linux.

I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me that it should be fairly easy to get it to run on the Pre... it might even be the missing link for Precorder, since it can encode live video and audio feeds.

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player and multimedia framework capable of reading most audio and video formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, DivX, MPEG-1, mp3, ogg, aac ...) as well as DVDs, Audio CDs VCDs, and various streaming protocols. See the full features list.

It can also be used as a media converter or a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on networks.
    anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    VLC is a desktop media player which has already been ported to linux.

I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me that it should be fairly easy to get it to run on the Pre... it might even be the missing link for Precorder, since it can encode live video and audio feeds.
    Don't expect VLC to ever make an appearance on the Pre, or at least not for a long time. Currently there is one for the iPhone 3gs which is very very buggy and eats resources, plays badly, ect...
    The problem is the way it's designed is very close to the linux core and very resource intensive. A complete rewrite for mobile platforms would be the best solution and VLC has been in development for many many years as it is.