1.    #1  
    Ebuddy has a webapp version of their chat program that allows you to access facebook chat from your pre's browser. Now there is one big problem with ebuddy in that it thinks the pre is a phone of razr quality and produces one of the worst user interfaces to access facebook chat with it. However there is a way to fix this. By changing your user agent to make ebuddy think you are running on an iPhone you will get a much better experience.

Ebuddy can be accessed by going to

m.ebuddy.com

you can change your user agent by following the instructions here. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

I know some of you are going to cry foul with changing the user agent on your pres but the fact of the matter is that if you are a facebook chat addict like I am, this is your best solution. eBuddy still works without spoofing the user agent so what you do is up to you. I just thought it'd be nice to pass this along.
    Does the messenger patch not contain Facebook?

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html

It's included in the how to login section, maybe forgotten for the plugin section?
  3.    #3  
    No. Facebook seems to be the only thing not supported in that patch. It'd be nice if it was though. Till someone does figure out how to get facebook to run from the internal chat system in the pre this is a interim solution.
    u can also chat if u go to the full facebook page on the pre's browser
  5.    #5  
    Yes except going to the full facebook site completely eats up your memory and runs very slow.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    what about the iphone spoof patch it makes websites think its an ipone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just use the full site facebook chat (battery hog yes but not a big deal to me).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Ebuddy has a webapp version of their chat program that allows you to access facebook chat from your pre's browser. Now there is one big problem with ebuddy in that it thinks the pre is a phone of razr quality and produces one of the worst user interfaces to access facebook chat with it. However there is a way to fix this. By changing your user agent to make ebuddy think you are running on an iPhone you will get a much better experience.

Ebuddy can be accessed by going to

m.ebuddy.com

you can change your user agent by following the instructions here. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

I know some of you are going to cry foul with changing the user agent on your pres but the fact of the matter is that if you are a facebook chat addict like I am, this is your best solution. eBuddy still works without spoofing the user agent so what you do is up to you. I just thought it'd be nice to pass this along.

dude the update to 1.3.1 makes the spoof agent patch not work.

did you not know this ?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I've been crying foul so much about FBs total denial of XMPP that I could lay an egg.
    Buuuuut..... as per this article Facebook Pokes XMPP. MSN, Yahoo &#038; AIM Better Watch Out

it may actually be that we will soon by way of the same plugin system be able to use FB chat...and I quote:

“It now seems the launch is close as the XMPP software stack has been deployed on chat.facebook.com,” writes Rmond, who is a leading expert on instant messaging and ejabberd and is an active member of the XMPP Standard Foundation.
    About a year-and-a-half ago, Facebook had announced that it would build “a Jabber/XMPP interface for Facebook Chat” and that “users will be able to use Jabber/XMPP-based chat applications to connect to Facebook Chat to” communicate, check their friends’ profiles, and set their statuses.
    Why is this news disruptive? Simple: Until now, in order to use Facebook Chat to communicate, one needed to be logged into the Facebook web site or mobile service. However, if the chat can be accessed on any device regardless of whether you are logged into Facebook’s web site, the usage of that IM is only going to increase. This would, in turn, mean tough times for older IM networks such as AOL’s AIM and Microsoft’s MSN.
    Oh happy day :P but I'll not hold my breath...i mean they said they were working on it a year ago
    You could use meebo.com also