View Poll Results: Would you like a Roboform password manager app for WebOS?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely! Sign me up!

24 88.89%
  • Meh, not so much.

3 11.11%
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Roboform, a very well-reviewed and apparently very secure password manager has a great desktop client with plugins for Firefox and IE and support for several platforms.

There's an app for Palm which is no longer maintained. There were two versions and they both work in Classic. Both of them a readers only, with no on-device editing or syncing back to the desktop. The problem with using it in Classic is that there's no copy/paste between Classic and regular WebOS apps, limiting what could be great usability.

Version 1.9 has its own Hotsync conduit. Interestingly, V2.01 of the Palm app is synced with the desktop by copying all of the separate passcards (each has its own file) to your device. They recommend using GoodSync for this, but a simple copy over USB did it as well. So, while you can certainly sync to the cloud using Roboform Online, people have an obvious problem with that approach (see the discussion on SplashData's decision to have a cloud-only Pre app.) I'd prefer that my Roboform data only exist on my pc and my Pre and nowhere else.

I'm not a programmer, but how difficult would it be for Roboform to write an app that opened your passcards on the Pre...just a reader, no two-way sync necessary, but with the ability to copy to the clipboard? Yet they've told me and others they don't intend to develop for WebOS. (It would be nice if they added in-browser functionality, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.)

So let's use this thread as a petition to get them to develop a WebOS app.

If you have any ideas to help get them going, post that too!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    definitely would be useful if it filled in passwords for you
    I love roboform & have used it for years. I really miss it now & would LOVE to have it on my pre without classic having to be used.
    Roboform is currently working on a webos version, I believe
    Bill
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    Roboform is currently working on a webos version, I believe
    I wrote them again yesterday and the answer is still no to a WebOS version.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    isn't there an alternative to roboform available now for webos? maybe in beta? can't remember the name
    there is a program called lastpass?

they are already on webos.

knowing roboform they tend to take long time for new browsers. it's not even on safari yet.

chris