Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    After doing this for hours, I give up.
    Yup, me too! I'm waiting for an update and positive responses here before I waste too many more hours trying to find the magic sequence of magic apps that happen to work once in a while.

I am frustrated that Motion Apps hasn't offered to provide Beta versions of the Palm and Linux portions of this app for those of us with catastrophic failures to install through SDK.
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    Oh boy, just when I figured out how to get App Catalog back on GSM WebOS 1.3.1...
    and now: Classic doesn't work properly

and just this morning my Tungsten E2 definitely said goodbye (no kidding, it has had some hickups for quite a while, but now its dead)

So right now I can no longer run Palm Apps

@ Palm: could you reissue the Tungsten E2?

@ Classic: Thanks for communicating with us. Why can't Palm do that?
  3.    #103  
    @ ChasT: there is nothing else we can do but wait with you for the next update. Just as we did not release buggy software, but it came out like that. We wish we could though

@ dcIIIxe: we can’t do this, otherwise we might be emulating prison break. But seriously, if we could do this, we would.

@ Patr C: you’re now with all of us experiencing 1.3.1 release issue. Saying “welcome” is just too ironic, but we do hope that it will be fixed same way it was broken.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Aha, I've now set Classic's Emulation Mode to "Safe" (Under Classic => Options => Preferences) and further turned off Alarm. My Classic presently is running stable with no freezes so far.

--
    PS Sorry if someone pointed this out already, I didn't read all replies in detail (though most of them).
    It does still hang in "safe" mode, but very rarely and recovery is much easier.
    So far working in safe mode is perfectly ok for me.
    thank you for acknowledging the problem in such a timely manner.

This may help, or it may not. But, here goes. I have noticed some trends with the program

1. The program works very well when my PRE is charge > 80%. I have had one or maybe two shut downs in this range.
    2. The program starts to freeze intermittently when I am operating in the 75 - 80% range.
    3. less than 70% charged. Just need to wait until I get a full charge again. Because it just doesn't like it at <= 70%.
    4. In addition, it doesn't like to work even when charging in the 70% range

When I keep the phone completly charged and above 85%, I can run with it consistantly. I enjoy using this program because all my info is in one place.

I anxiously wait for the updated and working version. Once the bugs are worked out, I intend to buy it for my wife's PRE to assist her busy schedule and contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    @ ChasT: there is nothing else we can do but wait with you for the next update. Just as we did not release buggy software, but it came out like that. We wish we could though
    Don't worry, I'm with you on this

My question mark was a case of "what more can they do", rather than "can't they do more"

> So there is nothing else MA can do at the moment ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ARupp769 View Post
    I anxiously wait for the updated and working version. Once the bugs are worked out, I intend to buy it for my wife's PRE to assist her busy schedule and contacts.
    I'm with you. My wife never owned a Palm PDA, but was thinking about getting Classic for her Pre so that she could use some PalmOS apps like PQ. I basically told her that she should definitely get Classic, but not until Palm had fixed WebOS so that it was stable again.
  9.    #109  
    @ARupp769 & regnaD kciN:

Yes, let’s wait for this to get sorted out before getting Classic for the ladies. Hopefully Classic will be of help to them too.
    Follow us on Twitter

I also have been very unhappy with Classic since upgrade. Reluctantly paid the high price, and now never use it. I primarily wanted to keep some iSilo stuff, yes I know it's not "certified", but it worked great on the first version of Classic. Now, it takes Classic a very embarrassing long time to load (think vacuum tubes...) and then 9 of 10 times it says illegal operation and shuts down. I still think there is something wrong with the way it stores files, my pdb files are quite large and some are linked between themselves, like an index and a reference work... Again, on first Classic worked fine, now not at all.

All in all, a very dissappointing app. Would have used it a lot if were more reliable, as I also used to depend on datebk6... now just languishing with pre's weak calendar. (come on, Pimlico, do your thing!)
    Ditto to all. I DO carry my Centro around with me. How ridiculous is this?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Ditto to all. I DO carry my Centro around with me. How ridiculous is this?
    Amen... I needed to resubscribe to all threads so I thought I'd complain one more time...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    In have only just found this thread!!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Have just got the Pre then spent hundreds of $$$ on software that i cannot use because Classic is not avaliable in UK!!! Guys, when are your planning to bring this back to EU App catalog (assuming you get bugs fixed of course) please?

Trying
    Quote Originally Posted by Patr_C View Post
    Oh boy, just when I figured out how to get App Catalog back on GSM WebOS 1.3.1...
    and now: Classic doesn't work properly
    Hi Patr_C!
    How did you do this, is there anywhere a description?
    Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    ... Guys, when are your planning to bring this back to EU App catalog (assuming you get bugs fixed of course) please?

Trying
    You really ought to read some of the previous pages.

MotionApps have done all they can. They have fixed the problem, but are at the mercy of Palm, having to wait until they sort out their, Palm, release schedule.

If you think about it, MotionApps and other Companies who's apps have 'vanished' with the 1.1.3 to 1.3.1 'upgrade' are losing sales over this. Do you really think they are sitting on their hands, not badgering Palm to get it sorted ?

Give them a break please
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I hear you ChasT..... I just wish my pre was rendering pages fast enough to go through the whole forum earlier today.... Wasn't aware I was giving Mo Apps a hard time will admit to being a little over zealous but only because i was excited at finally finding a forum that pertained to my (minor but important to me) issue with this premium palm handset.... thats all....
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    I hear you ChasT..... I just wish my pre was rendering pages fast enough to go through the whole forum earlier today.... Wasn't aware I was giving Mo Apps a hard time will admit to being a little over zealous but only because i was excited at finally finding a forum that pertained to my (minor but important to me) issue with this premium palm handset.... thats all....
    Hey! Worry not, we're taking it all, good or bad we sure hope this will be fixed soon, but as ChasT said, we're kind of waiting right now, just like you. And are so sorry this is happening to the app we invested so much hard work in...

Cheers!
    Follow us on Twitter

19. jr
    i am so ****ed ..1st i was told epocartes would run seemlessly on pre...no need classic..it never ran as well on classic a it does on I phone.yes the i word..now i can't use it at all and need for my work. screwed again
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Seeing as we are waiting around for the next update, thought I would go a little off topic and ask MotionApps whether there is any ETA for using BT services via Classic or whether this is merely a pipe dream? I would love to be able to use TomTom Navigator in Classic with my BT GPS unit. This would certainly help when in an area where there is no access to data. (Even better, how about being able to access the built-in GPS!)

As an aside, I certainly have to commend MotionApps for the work they've done with Classic. As others have stated, Classic is a solid app even when using non-certified Palm OS applications. My personal favourites are SplashMoney and SplashShopper. The existing problem will sort itself out in time. WebOS is still a very new OS. All you have to do is think how far we have come since June. It is really quite amazing. Hiccups will happen. This one is particularly frustrating because it takes away the Palm OS which means tons of applications are affected. Before you know it, this will be history and we will go on enjoying our Palm OS apps in Classic. Time heals all wounds.....
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast