Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    It's a big Third party App that in my opinion breaks a contract with Motion Apps. They are lowering the quality of a product from another business. To me that's not a good partnership.
    Agreed, at least in my opinion. Whether it "breaks a contract" would depend on the contract -- was there a promise that Palm would never update WebOS so as to prevent a particular app from running? Look at all the times Windows has been updated, and how many apps have been left by the wayside each time.

Although it would infuriate us, unless there's just such a specific term in the Palm-MotionApps agreement, I could easily see Palm saying something like "It's not a global error, as we have no evidence that any other app is having problems introduced by 1.3.1 -- just yours. We'll look into fixing it, if and when we have the time and resources to do so, but don't hold your breath. There are lots of other issues ahead of it in the 1.3.2 'todo' list."
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The dime is still in Mr. Rococo's pocket?
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    That hasn't happened to me since M!
    We were just engaged in a friendly round of spin the pickle.
    All right, everybody, take off your-
    we're on day 10 without using the most expensive app classic ... it's completely incomprehensible to me!
    How does the contract between MotionApps and us looks like ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zonki View Post
    we're on day 10 without using the most expensive app classic ... it's completely incomprehensible to me!
    You're not using Classic at all? I can run it, and it will work O.K. at least half the time. (The remainder of attempts usually result in a simple crash of the app during bootup, where you can just reload it.) I've only had data loss once, and that was when I left PQ open for hours. (It turns out you have to go back to the Palm "desktop" for PQ to save its transactions to memory.)

Right now, the Classic problems are more an annoyance than anything serious. I still get plenty of work done with it.

How does the contract between MotionApps and us looks like ...
    I don't remember the purchase process, but, most likely, you agreed to a set of licensing terms that absolved MotionApps from liability due to usability or fitness for a given purpose -- because I don't know a software company that doesn't use that boilerplate for any product they sell. In other words, when it comes to the arrangement between MotionApps and you, you're SOL...and, unless Palm guaranteed MotionApps that WebOS wouldn't be changed to break already-existing products, they (and you) are SOL there, too.
    I had to webOsdoctor my device after the crashes ...
    But Palm's backup for restore from the cloud won't function, everthing is lost (and palm support says no chance to recover), including the classic app. And - Classic isn't longer in my appcatalog ...

Such things don't happens within 10 years using PalmOS. I wan't my palm desktop back or a better backup solution :-(((

I recommondate: don't trust Palms cloud backup and don't webosdoctor you device unless you saved your webOS contacts, memos,accounts, todos and calendar in another place!!
    Same for the data for all apps from appcatalog - I lost everything.

Palm, hoping you hear the scream!

By the way, does anybody knows a way to backup the device byte by byte, the complete storage. Not only contacts, or data of some apps, the whole machine. And in case of OS update trouble I want to restore everything to the state before OS update.

Nevertheless, a peaceful Advent to all !
    Last edited by zonki; 11/29/2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: some misstyping
    I crash about 75-90% of the time with classic and 1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Are you using 2.0.1? I never updated from 2.0 because I understood the update crashed more often. Maybe there should be a way to "roll back" Classic?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Antelope Freeway, 1/2 mile...

Welcome to Zeno's Paradox for Classic.

Antelope Freeway, 1/4 mile...

Antelope Freeway, 1/8 mile...

MotionApps, are we there yet?
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    From my peeking around via novaterm, I'd say that part of Classic appears to run at the Linux/WebOS level, and the other part runs in Luna. This is, shall we say in this case, a rare form of, ah, synergy, on this platform.

The part that runs in Luna can be updated via the App Catalog. The other part (the virtual ROM?), gets updated with WebOS.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Exactly.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Wow. I'm using 1.3.1 and Classic 2.0.1 (ROM 2.6.01) and I've certainly had a lot more crashes / problems than before ... but after I did a complete wipe, webos doctor to 1.2.1 and then re-apply the update I can use it about 90% of the time with no crashes.

And as mentioned above ... if you're doing a lot of data ... just be sure to exit back to the main screen in classic periodically to "save" whatever you're working on.
    When Classic crashed on me after the 1.3.1 update I lost all the data I had entered into classic apps since I installed it in June. MotionApps tech support gave me the glimmer of hope that they may be able to recover that data. Any update on that front? Is there a chance that your new update will recover that data?
    Yeah and about 20-40% of those times I lose all my data!
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinjin View Post
    When Classic crashed on me after the 1.3.1 update I lost all the data I had entered into classic apps since I installed it in June. MotionApps tech support gave me the glimmer of hope that they may be able to recover that data. Any update on that front? Is there a chance that your new update will recover that data?
    We're doing our best to make this hope come true. Will keep you guys updated on the results of our efforts.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hey MotionApp,
    today I had some chat sessions with palm support about the lack of classic and others in German appcatalog. First Americans said, since I'm from Germany I've to contact support in Germany. Second, the German support (technical support) said I've to contact the American support because they don't have anything to do with the appcatalog. Very cool Palm!

But they said that the developer of an app decide for which country it will be avaiable.

Is this right? Do you decide for which country classic is?

If so, please could you add all the european folks as receiver for you app?

What do you think? Is there a chance to get updates next days? Or should I install the old webOS 1.1.3 with that I had nearly no problems with classic. Or is it possible we have to wait for month?

Thanks in advance
    P.S. meanwhile I'm on day 14 without my paid app classic :-((
  18.    #98  
    Hey MotionApp,
    today I had some chat sessions with palm support about the lack of classic and others in German appcatalog. First Americans said, since I'm from Germany I've to contact support in Germany. Second, the German support (technical support) said I've to contact the American support because they don't have anything to do with the appcatalog. Very cool Palm!

But they said that the developer of an app decide for which country it will be avaiable.

Is this right? Do you decide for which country classic is?

If so, please could you add all the european folks as receiver for you app?

What do you think? Is there a chance to get updates next days? Or should I install the old webOS 1.1.3 with that I had nearly no problems with classic. Or is it possible we have to wait for month?

Thanks in advance
    P.S. meanwhile I'm on day 14 without my paid app classic :-((
    we have that part covered (re: decide for which country it will be available).

However, in the release process something went wrong (probably the same thing that affected other apps, but we’re not discussing that, only our own app).
    We did all we were supposed to do to give Classic to you guys outside US.

What happened afterwards is not something we could have influenced, although we are still doing everything we can to make sure Classic is available again and soon for you.

No comment about support. Maybe they are simply not aware of the fact that if we did not decide to release Classic in Europe, you would not be able to download (and purchase it) in the first place, and contact them for help. Anyways, hope this is fixed soon….
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Things are getting worse it seems. I can't open Classic without it crashing and taking the whole phone down with it.

(1) I tried taking every single patch off my pre.
    (2) Then I powered it down completely.
    (3) I did a hard rest in classic and then I deleted the app off my phone.
    (4) I wiped out my Palm backup directory so I could reinstall one file at a time.
    (5) I reinstalled Classic from the App Catalog.
    (6) I didn't get a chance to reinstall anything because Classic is still crashing my phone.
    (7) I have tried normal mode. I have tried turbo mode. I have tried games mode. I have tried safe mode. I have tried resetting in safe mode.
    (8) I have been cycling my phone and launching Classic only to see it crash my phone not every time, but often enough that I'm afraid to launch it any more.

After doing this for hours, I give up.

I know, I must be one of the unlucky ones. But I don't understand why MotionApps can't get their very expensive program to work. I think I should just carry my Centro around with me.

Is there a way to get my money back?
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post

... But I don't understand why MotionApps can't get their very expensive program to work. I think I should just carry my Centro around with me.
    In another post MotionApps have said that their solution is a two part thing.

1) You need the updated Classic from the App Catalog.
    2) The updated ROM version that comes in the Firmware update from Palm.

Hopefully 2) will be in 1.3.5, but we are all at the mercy of when Palm releases 1.3.5 and the new version in the Apps Catalog.

So there is nothing else MA can do at the moment ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast