Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by zonki View Post
    Great MotionApps! Perhaps you could find a way for bringing the new version to Germany. In Appcatalog they currently have only 51 Apps, and no classic :-(

In the past, german users have to wait very long time for any update - they all need classic!
    Thanks
    Hopefully you European classy guys will get it soon as well. We heard about the issue with the App Catalog, and this is something we cannot fix, but are sure Palm will.

So please hang on a bit longer...thanks zonki
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Any progress on the Epocrates issues with this release?
    Nope. This is still an "open issue" and we're aware of it/waiting for some help to be able to address it.
    Follow us on Twitter

3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    This is GREAT news! I'm looking forward to it. I am so sorry we have to wait on the Palm update. Since we just had one, I would think that we are stuck for a while.
    hopefully not, this is already too much one geek can take (speaking in MA name)

Seriously, we hope Palm will get this update out soon. As soon as we have some indication on when that will be, we'll update you. Now, please stop crying, we can’t take user's tears
    Follow us on Twitter

I have found an audible work-around which I cannot guarantee works for everyone, but it is working for me so others may be interested.

FYI - I started using no-doze at the same time as Audible a few updates ago since it seemed my book would only play 5 minutes when unplugged but longer when plugged in. So I have it on while I am doing all of the below.

What I do now to listen to a book:
    I start classic and
    start my audible book, then
    click the 'home' icon at the bottom of the classic palm emulator screen.
    Open a classic-included game (I open bookworm since it is right there) and let it sit on the screen. For what ever reason, that allows my book to play.

Last night I listened to over an hour of a book (plugged in at times, unplugged at others) then clicked back onto audible when the book ended and changed books. I then went back to bookworm as described above, and kept listening to part 2 - a first since the update!

With this method I had the best results while in airplane mode (still get some crashes if I turn the phone on this way), but I was actually able to open and delete email while listening (my favorite past time with my pre) and when finally bookworm reported an illegal error I swept it off the screen, restarted classic and my book (as above) and went on listening. It also seems to work fine if I stop the book, turn on the phone, check email, then put airplane mode back on.

Hope that helps someone else in audible withdrawal!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Thanks redheads55! I'd do this if I had not already gotten used to using the 755p again. I may try it just to see if it works. Bookworm seems to perform the function for you that hitting "find" used to do before No Doze was out... Like it keeps Classic 'focused' on Classic instead of interacting with WebOS or something (sorry for hiw ignorant that might look to a SW Dev er)
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Thanks redheads55! I'd do this if I had not already gotten used to using the 755p again. I may try it just to see if it works. Bookworm seems to perform the function for you that hitting "find" used to do before No Doze was out... Like it keeps Classic 'focused' on Classic instead of interacting with WebOS or something (sorry for hiw ignorant that might look to a SW Dev er)
    This is more about how a fresh and “clean” insight can shed a new light onto the issue and lead to a solution, there is nothing ignorant about it. Please let us know of results if you follow redheads55 steps.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I wish there was a work around for Kinoma streaming. This would be a whole new ball game. Any word on bundling the Kinoma Lite version with the next update of Classic?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Classic is now crashing on me with "illegal operation" every second time I launch. Instead of hitting the "close" button, I merely reduce the card and swipe it away. This prevents the need for a full reset. I find myself resetting the device after reading on it for a while because it seems to cause the entire OS to slow down. Very frustrating....
    Suggestion:
    hey MotionApps, you wrote of founding the problem and of a patch you have and the problems rolling out over Palm's appcatalog...

Meanwhile, why you don't roll it out via the homebrew apps over Preware - for those of us using this nice tool?

So most of us could install the fix, even the German ones.
    Please - we need it!!!
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by zonki View Post
    Suggestion:
    hey MotionApps, you wrote of founding the problem and of a patch you have and the problems rolling out over Palm's appcatalog...

Meanwhile, why you don't roll it out via the homebrew apps over Preware - for those of us using this nice tool?

So most of us could install the fix, even the German ones.
    Please - we need it!!!
    We know zonki... we wish we could "control" this to more extent, but there are two issues with rolling out Classic through homebrew apps:
    1. installing Classic from here would require a lot of hacking - we would never recommend something like that to our users
    2. and more importantly, we have certain legal obligations, and are not allowed to roll out apps outside the procedure we have agreed with Palm

we sure hope fix will be out soon (we know we sound like a broken record, but at this point, we are waiting just as you guys are)
    Follow us on Twitter

Did you take it out from the apps catalog?? I dont see it
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    We know zonki... we wish we could "control" this to more extent, but there are two issues with rolling out Classic through homebrew apps:
    1. installing Classic from here would require a lot of hacking - we would never recommend something like that to our users
    2. and more importantly, we have certain legal obligations, and are not allowed to roll out apps outside the procedure we have agreed with Palm

we sure hope fix will be out soon (we know we sound like a broken record, but at this point, we are waiting just as you guys are)
    You don't have to recommend it to your users, you could just post it as a homebrew app and whoever wants it can download it.

As for your legal obligations to Palm....there may not be a way around that unfortunately. You would think that a "launch" partner would be entitled to priority in posting updates through the catalog though. Come on....Palm!!!!! You broke it in the first place, now let the good folks at MotionApps fix it!!!!
    I can't seem to find Classic at all in the apps???

I have a German model that I'm using in Australia, is that the problem perhaps?
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Rutten View Post
    I can't seem to find Classic at all in the apps???

I have a German model that I'm using in Australia, is that the problem perhaps?
    Yes, the issue with the App Catalog on German (European) webOS version affected Classic too. Again (broken record sound), Palm will probably fix this soon.
    Follow us on Twitter

so, if I'm following this correctly, Palm is going to have to push out a 1.3.2 WebOS update (or something like that according to their release schedule) to fix this. This is somehting that can't be fixed with an update to Classic App

that's cool - maybe they'll throw in another goodie or too in the next update. At least we know the fix is coming
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    so, if I'm following this correctly, Palm is going to have to push out a 1.3.2 WebOS update (or something like that according to their release schedule) to fix this. This is somehting that can't be fixed with an update to Classic App

that's cool - maybe they'll throw in another goodie or too in the next update. At least we know the fix is coming
    yep. Classic for the most part cannot be updated independently of webOS update.
    +1 for the goodies Palm might throw in
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    At least we know the fix is coming
    Do we? If the fix were in the hands of MotionApps, we could be fairly certain it would be resolved. I have little or no confidence that Palm will rush (or even eventually put out) an OS update just to fix a problem with a particular third-party app.

It's a big Third party App that in my opinion breaks a contract with Motion Apps. They are lowering the quality of a product from another business. To me that's not a good partnership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    yep. Classic for the most part cannot be updated independently of webOS update.
    +1 for the goodies Palm might throw in
    If I am not mistaken, Classisc was updated just before the 1.3.1 update.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Classisc was updated just before the 1.3.1 update.
    From my peeking around via novaterm, I'd say that part of Classic appears to run at the Linux/WebOS level, and the other part runs in Luna. This is, shall we say in this case, a rare form of, ah, synergy, on this platform.

The part that runs in Luna can be updated via the App Catalog. The other part (the virtual ROM?), gets updated with WebOS.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast