Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    1) Turn on airplane mode,
    2) Restart Pre
    3) Run Classic with no other cards open.
    If I have a card open before it (even if I closed it before starting Classic) or if I open any other app after Classic is running, I get one of the various types of crashes.[/I]
    Would that procedure need to be followed every time Classic is started?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would that procedure need to be followed every time Classic is started?
    This user seems to be following this procedure each time.

We're currently researching if it is maybe one of these steps, i.e. specific order of particular steps. We’re hoping that from there it could be easier to track the origin of this issue.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    I posted in another thread but I found if classic gives you an illegal error...swipe the card off the screen without hitting the button at the bottom. This has kept my phone from freezing and dealing with resetting the pre
    So far so good today. Didn't wake up to a Pre that crashed overnight. Classic was left open overnight along with Brightness Unlinked. We'll see how the rest of the day goes.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Hope you are able to get Classic fixed soon - and if possible, help us get Audible working - it's the most missed app from my Centro, and although, some have reported getting Audible working, others, many others haven't had any luck.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Guys, the issue seems to be rather complex, and we will need some more time to work this out.

But, here’s what our support team received from one of our users, so we thought we should share:

Just thought I'd report a kind of workaround I figured out. I have found that Classic runs fine (better than before the update) if I follow this procedure:
    1) Turn on airplane mode,
    2) Restart Pre
    3) Run Classic with no other cards open.
    If I have a card open before it (even if I closed it before starting Classic) or if I open any other app after Classic is running, I get one of the various types of crashes.

However, we do not have a 100% confirmation that this will work as "a fix" in all cases.

If you go for this, pls report back with results.
    This technique actually did work for me. I was able to use Audible for the first time since the update. As mentioned, if I open another program after opening Classic, Classic crashes, but not immediately (see below). Classic crashes immediately if any other program has been opened since the reset. Throwing the Classic card away without hitting the Close button did keep the entire system from freezing. The one time I did hit Close, the phone became unresponsive and Classic would not work after the reset, even following your outlined procedure. A second reset was required.

I ran several trials where I opened additional cards after Classic was demonstrating stable operation, all following the procedure that you described in your post.
    Trial 1)
    Reset (Orange+Sum+R) > Open Classic > Run SlovoEd Russian/English dictionary > Run Audible > Listen to book for 25 minutes > Open Memos (w/Audible still running in Classic) > Type memo > Move around in Memo app between individual memos and overview > Close Memos = Classic crashes due to Illegal Operation

Trial 2)
    Reset (Orange+Sum+R) > Open Classic > Run Audible > Listen to book for 5 minutes > Open Calendar (w/Audible still running in Classic) > Navigate through multiple days in Calendar > Open third card with Stopwatch/Timer > Hit Start and receive notification to "Please set timer greater than 0" = Classic crashes due to Illegal Operation

Trial 3)
    Reset (Orange+Sum+R) > Open Classic > Run Audible > Listen to book for 5 minutes > Open Calendar (w/Audible still running in Classic) > Navigate from day view to month view in Calendar = Classic crashes due to Illegal Operation

Trial 4)
    Reset (Orange+Sum+R) > Open Classic > Run Audible > Listen to book for 10 minutes > Pause book and return to Home screen > Reenter Audible and start book again = Classic crashes due to Illegal Operation > Throw away card > Restart Classic > Listen for ~1 minute = Classic crashes due to Illegal Operation
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Hey, thanks for the pep talk. After the latest update my skyscape medical references disappeared. should I try and reload them now, or wait for this issue to be resolved?
    Kasi1222 - you are awsome. Hopefully your trials will give the motion apps guys something to work with.

I am going to run some trials also.

Thanks, I really... REALLY want to get this to work again.
    Kept Classic open all day. Looked up contacts, used calendar, used memos, viewed Wiseman. I hotsynced via Bluetooth. On the Pre, I checked email, went on the internet, played some games, played some music. Amazingly, no crashes today! I was fully expecting some crashes today given what has happened over the past few days. I did update Preware and Filecoaster in the past week.
    Talk about timing. I was in the middle of my 7 day trial when this hit, so I never was able to figure out if I could get this working or not. Oh well.
    Classic's looking good again today. No crashes so far. Is it self-stabilizing or did other programs somehow interfere with Classic earlier -- before they were updated? Hmm.
    I bought classic two days ago - after upgrading to 1.3.1 - and cannot get it to sync with wifi (have no bluetooth currently). I have watched the you tube video but my pre never conntects with my computer or or hotsync/palm desktop. I always get the message the connection between your device and the desktop could not be established...

Can anyone point me to more concise instructions than youtube?

Thanks
    definitely better now.

left the CLassic card open the whole day... it didnt hang on me even when i had multiplke cards going.

It still slows the hell out of the phone though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rseyedoc View Post
    I bought classic two days ago - after upgrading to 1.3.1 - and cannot get it to sync with wifi (have no bluetooth currently). I have watched the you tube video but my pre never conntects with my computer or or hotsync/palm desktop. I always get the message the connection between your device and the desktop could not be established...

Can anyone point me to more concise instructions than youtube?

Thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/officia...t=classic+wifi

You can also do a search for "Classic hotsync", and this should turn up several threads on how to do this. You have to know the ip address to properly hotsync Classic in the Pre with your PC.
    Got the "illegal operation" message today when opening Classic after a reset -- @ the enter password screen. I only had one other card open -- Pre contacts. I had to reset earlier because the Pre got sluggish and later unresponsive. Used the Orange+sym+R key code to reset.
    I've still been using Classic 2.0, as I'm leery after reading reports that 2.0.1 is even less stable under 1.3.1.

Up until today, my crashes usually fell under one of two categories: "illegal operations" crashes on starting Classic (usually happening about 40-50% of the time or so) or crashes during HotSync (which was more of a problem, as one corrupted my calendar/contact/etc. databases, requiring me to purchase DbFixit).

Today, however, I had the Classic card up for a long time, as I was using Pocket Quicken on a shopping trip. When I brought the Classic card back to the foreground in order to HotSync, I found Classic had frozen up entirely -- it still looked O.K., but wouldn't interact with screen or keyboard at all. My only recourse was to throw the card off the screen and start it again, but, when I did, I rechecked Pocket Quicken, and my new transaction data was lost. Fortunately, it was only one transaction, and easily reconstructable, but what if there had been many transactions I couldn't reconstruct from receipts? I'd be stuck for sure. The only recourse I can think of would be to close Classic after each PQ transaction, but that could mean repeated re-openings, crashes, and re-re-openings any time I had to record a transaction...and there's no guarantee that a crash any time it was up wouldn't still take out my PQ data. This is the first instance of this problem that, for me, isn't simply an annoyance, but potentially disastrous.
    Classic gave the "illegal operation" error message again this morning with only Contacts and App Catalog open. At least it didn't auto-reset or totally freeze my Pre. Still, Classic really needs to be more stable than this.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add my voice to the list. I've been having problems with Classic ever since I paid for it on August 10. Since 1.3.1 I am still getting it freezing on open with no other cards open, crashing with no other cards open, and resetting my phone.

I don't recall if I've seen this happen post-1.3.1, but it certainly has happened a lot: on launching, Classic errors out listing the files that were open and it lists every single program that there is. Of course, I haven't even had the chance to open anything yet. If that happens, the only thing that works is to pull the battery.
    I've never had a crash that required me to pull the battery. As a matter of fact, I believe that would cause more troubles. I find the (orange key)-Sym-R reset always works.

I should note a new crash as well -- after sending the last message, I re-opened Classic, played with a few things, then threw the card off the screen. When I did so, the rest of the Pre froze up completely -- I couldn't open any other programs, or even check the "battery-wifi-bluetooth-airplane mode" menu, and I had to use the key combination above to resest the Pre. Not very comforting, if you ask me.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I've had all of the above problems. Illegal operation causes the phone to completely crash requiring a reset.

Hope this problem gets solved soon as I use Classic for all my ereader books.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast