Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    One of my favorite features that appeared with WebOS 1.3.5 / Classic 2.1.2 was that when you touched the gesture area, the keyboard would temporarily toggle between five-way emulation and qwerty. Then when you lifted your thumb from the gesture area it would immediately toggle back. This was a great usability improvement. I used it with my thumbs. I would hold down the gesture area with my left thumb and navigate with the five-way with my right thumb. Now, when I hold down the gesture area with my left thumb, nothing happens. So now, the only way to toggle the keyboard setting is to tap the toggle button. It's a small change, but it makes a very big difference.

Other than that, so-far so-good with 1.4.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    There are many factors affecting this. 1.4. should bring improvements, hopefully for majority of our users, while for some it might be just the same.

As for our support team, they might be advising to try resetting Classic only and then installing the apps in it one by one, so that you can determine which one is disturbing the system. You know, you don’t even have to start it technically, but at the Classic startup there could be a function called upon by the app that the system simply can’t “digest”.

Once you’re running 1.4, let us know how it works for you.

We are working on this, as stability improvements are basically the main imperative.
    Just downloaded 1.4 do registered users need to reinstall Classic? Is there a new features or a change log? I'm anxiously awaiting streaming capability with Kinoma or Ptunes for me to purchase Classic, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    One of my favorite features that appeared with WebOS 1.3.5 / Classic 2.1.2 was that when you touched the gesture area, the keyboard would temporarily toggle between five-way emulation and qwerty. Then when you lifted your thumb from the gesture area it would immediately toggle back. This was a great usability improvement. I used it with my thumbs. I would hold down the gesture area with my left thumb and navigate with the five-way with my right thumb. Now, when I hold down the gesture area with my left thumb, nothing happens. So now, the only way to toggle the keyboard setting is to tap the toggle button. It's a small change, but it makes a very big difference.
    +1 I miss that feature too
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by khlogan3 View Post
    1 - There is no way to find tune the placement of the cursor since the touch screen is only thermal sensitive not pressure sensitive. Without this manuvering ability, it is extremely difficult to QUICKLY edit and select/move information. WILL I BE ABLE TO USE CLASSIC TO COMPOSE/EDIT AND THEN COPY/PASTE THE RESULTS INTO THE WEBOS CONTACTS &CALENDER?;
    I use the four way navigator to fine tune the cursor position when editing text in Classic; either the on screen four way navigator by toggling to shortcut mode and using the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by khlogan3 View Post
    2 - My existing Palm software as well as my MS Outlook Contacts & Calender ARE located on a computer that does not have WiFi or Bluetooth. (A) HOW WILL I GET THESE FILES ONTO MY PRE? (B) WILL I BE ABLE TO STILL HOT SYNC MY PALM CLASSIC TO THIS COMPUTER OR WILL I NEED TO RELOCATE TO A DIFFERENT COMPUTER?
    USB sync still works between Motionapps' PalmOS Classic and the Palm Desktop on your PC; syncing directly from your PC to the new Palm webOS native apps requires a third party sync solution (sold separately).
    Last edited by mwarren_us; 03/01/2010 at 12:33 PM.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213