Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Well, let me chime in with good news as well. Classic has been behaving quite well since WebOS 1.3.5, and I upgraded to Classic 2.1.2 yesterday (Tuesday) with no incident. Release 2.1.2 did fix the annoying option+up double-take problem that I reported.

So, as of Thursday morning, Classic has gotten a huge promotion on my device. I moved the icon off the quick launch bar because I don't have to launch it all the time like I used to. I replaced it with Contacts.
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 01/07/2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    My turn...
    I have been using Classic almost flawlessly since the update. I was one of the big complainers and remain frustrated mainly with Palm who did a single purpose update for Exchange which I don't use but wouldn't do it for Classic which I do...

Anyhow,my point is to say how great it is to be back to one device. PLEASE don't change anything :-)

Thanks,Dave.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    My turn...
    I have been using Classic almost flawlessly since the update. I was one of the big complainers and remain frustrated mainly with Palm who did a single purpose update for Exchange which I don't use but wouldn't do it for Classic which I do...

Anyhow,my point is to say how great it is to be back to one device. PLEASE don't change anything :-)

Thanks,Dave.
    and your post gone straight to our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Thanks Dave!
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Hi,

I am a former Treo 755P user new Palm-Pre user/owener as well as a trial user of your Palm Classic software.

I have been breaking Palm's chop because the Palm Pre with the WebOS creates the following operational problems for me as a business user:
    1 - There is no way to find tune the placement of the cursor since the touch screen is only thermal sensitive not pressure sensitive. Without this manuvering ability, it is extremely difficult to QUICKLY edit and select/move information. WILL I BE ABLE TO USE CLASSIC TO COMPOSE/EDIT AND THEN COPY/PASTE THE RESULTS INTO THE WEBOS CONTACTS &CALENDER?;
    2 - My existing Palm software as well as my MS Outlook Contacts & Calender ARE located on a computer that does not have WiFi or Bluetooth. (A) HOW WILL I GET THESE FILES ONTO MY PRE? (B) WILL I BE ABLE TO STILL HOT SYNC MY PALM CLASSIC TO THIS COMPUTER OR WILL I NEED TO RELOCATE TO A DIFFERENT COMPUTER?

Your Palm classic software appears to have the potential to over come the above short coming of the WebOS. The (Palm Classic + Palm Pre & WebOS) together create the best smartphone on the planet, IF THE ABOVE SHORT COMINGS CAN BE CURED.

PLEASE ADVISE,

THANKS,
    KHLOGAN3
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The number of people wanting and waiting for that kind of functionality is staggering. Hopefully it'll come now that Verizon & ATT this month will start bringing so many more potential "palmOS switchers" than Sprint ever could.
    Classic becomes very sluggish when running the programme Contacts that I copied manually from my Centro. I am using Pre WebOS 1.3.1
    Got my first "illegal operation" message since updating to Classic 1.2.1 and WebOS to 1.3.5 after a hotsync via wifi and while having another card open with one of the new 3D games. Not happening very often so that's the good news.
    A great improvement here in Europe (UK) where I now have Classic 2.1.2 running on WebOS 1.3.5.2
    Classic now runs as it should. No more illegal operations and it HotSyncs without a hitch - finally seems to be a stable platform!
    it just shut my phone down..i only had the demo version
    I still have some hotsync issues. I sometimes get illegal operation errors that seem to be associated with the HanDBase conduit. Also, the Bluetooth hotsync PC selection sometimes acts weird. I've mostly fixed the problem that I posted about in another thread, but I still occasionally have trouble connecting until I re-do the Select PC procedure.

All-in-all, I'd say stability has increased since 2.1.2 and 1.3.5.

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    A great improvement here in Europe (UK) where I now have Classic 2.1.2 running on WebOS 1.3.5.2
    Classic now runs as it should. No more illegal operations and it HotSyncs without a hitch - finally seems to be a stable platform!
    I'm glad you're having a good experience but I'm not. Still crashes when it feels like. Doesn't seem to matter if the program is certified or not and I'm sick and tired of seeing those G@d d^mn banners telling me that the programs are certified or not. DO YOU HEAR THAT MOTIONAPPS======GET RID OF THE BANNERS!!!!!!!! (v2.1.2 with WebOS 1.3.5.1)
    What version of Palm Desktop are you using? See my other thread. Classic only works with Desktop 6.x. I've given up on 4.1.4e entirely.
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    Although Classic is now useable after the updates, I do get an occasion crash (operation error <>), mostly after a bluetooth hotsync, just after the hotsync successfully completes. After this, the phone must be restarted or classic will immediately crash when started.

On a side note, I am one of the people who Need For Speed crashes on a consistent basis, although I can fly all day long with X-plane without a problem.
    Having just updated Pre to GSM 1.3.5.2, I also updated Classic via Apps catalog. It asked if I wanted to use dataset v1 or v2 which I guess arose from fact from after last update, my Classic got wiped and I had to reinstall all PalmOS apps again. Anyway, I chose v2 and it works fine except that on Launcher page, the Classic Icon of black tie suit is now replaced by a blank white frame icon. Any idea why this has occurred and how I can get back my nice Classic icon? still works to tap to open.

Ideally, please do not suggest deleting and reinstalling as that may mean having to reinstall all Classic Apps which I am really not keen to do! thanks
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    Having just updated Pre to GSM 1.3.5.2, I also updated Classic via Apps catalog. It asked if I wanted to use dataset v1 or v2 which I guess arose from fact from after last update, my Classic got wiped and I had to reinstall all PalmOS apps again. Anyway, I chose v2 and it works fine except that on Launcher page, the Classic Icon of black tie suit is now replaced by a blank white frame icon. Any idea why this has occurred and how I can get back my nice Classic icon? still works to tap to open.

Ideally, please do not suggest deleting and reinstalling as that may mean having to reinstall all Classic Apps which I am really not keen to do! thanks
    How about trying to reset Pre to see if Classic icon will "get together"?

Combination Orange+Sym+R will do for a reset, and all your data remain safe while resetting like this.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    My Pre freezes (stops responding to any screen or button presses) and resets (after 5-10 seconds) at least once every day when I am reading in iSilo w/in Classic. It is a real headache.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboCAD View Post
    My Pre freezes (stops responding to any screen or button presses) and resets (after 5-10 seconds) at least once every day when I am reading in iSilo w/in Classic. It is a real headache.
    Unfortunately half the programs (certified or not) do this with Classic (ie Audifile and Epocrates). Classic is a real disappointment in general.
  18.    #238  
    To some only. Too bad all the people that appreciate Classic do not come across forums to say so. But you can't win them all now, can you?

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. If you did not do so already, ping our support crew at MotionApps Customer Support

Cheers!
    Follow us on Twitter

Classic is important for me because it lets me run some key apps that aren't available otherwise on the Pre. So, I don't think Classic is a disappointment, except for the MAJOR fact that it causes resets on the Pre about once a day. That's a time-waster and can be extremely inconvenient when I'm doing something time-critical. Consequently, I don't keep Classic open. That's also a time-waster because of Classic's lengthy startup.

I'd love to see some kind of improvement in the stability, and especially fewer resets of the whole device.

I'm not sure what your Customer Support can do for me. They'd probably tell me to to a complete erase, eliminate all my patches, etc. etc., which I'm rather reluctant to do--another major time-sink.

Can you comment on whether 1.4 will bring improved stability, or in general whether MotionApps is working on this problem?
  20.    #240  
    There are many factors affecting this. 1.4. should bring improvements, hopefully for majority of our users, while for some it might be just the same.

As for our support team, they might be advising to try resetting Classic only and then installing the apps in it one by one, so that you can determine which one is disturbing the system. You know, you don’t even have to start it technically, but at the Classic startup there could be a function called upon by the app that the system simply can’t “digest”.

Once you’re running 1.4, let us know how it works for you.

We are working on this, as stability improvements are basically the main imperative.
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast