Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    i guess no one noticed the new option in classic to backup...

i've been using it. it seems a little buggy. after a backup or a restore, it will sometimes crash the pre. and upon reboot, the system hangs on the bootup screen (not the one with the pulsing "palm" logo). then i have to use the "hold power button while flipping the sound switch 3 times" trick to reboot successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    For memos, you should try Classic Notes from homebrew. No sync option but the conversion from PalmOS was flawless for me and the app is very user-friendly.
    Thanks, I have tried Classic Notes, and it does appear to work fine, but the sync to a desktop application is very important to me because I often need to cut-and-paste between these notes and other Windows applications, so it is not good enough.

[EDIT]Classic Notes requires Desktop 6.x for conversion and I only have 4.1.4 — with no hope of a legitimate upgrade — so I am sorry out of luck there as well.
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    . . .
    I find it amusing that I have a legitimate complaint. But you feel that criticizing me is okay even though you tell me not to criticize. It seems to me there's a word for that…[/QUOTE]

I live to amuse you and if you note. My main criticism is you calling people names, *******. and you call them this simply because their experience or opinion isn't yours. Other than that, I have no complaint with your opinion. It's your experience and your opinion.

I also complain about software or the phone when it doesn't please me, but it would be incorrect to resort to calling other forum users names simply because they don't share my same experience or opinion. Just saying . . .
    dcIIIxe and bdhu2001,

It might be better you discuss any further concerns via Private Messaging.

Side note;
    It isn't appropriate to call members 'fan boys' who have good experiences.
    Any more than it is to call complainers: 'trolls'
    Both are forum violations.

-Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    dcIIIxe and bdhu2001,

It might be better you discuss any further concerns via Private Messaging.

Side note;
    It isn't appropriate to call members 'fan boys' who have good experiences.
    Any more than it is to call complainers: 'trolls'
    Both are forum violations.

-Berd
    Dully noted.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Dully noted.
    I'm guessing he was looking for something more than a 'dull' notation, but maybe that'll work. ;-)
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcIIIxe View Post
    I have tried 3 different times and have turned in a trouble ticket, but I have not received any response from Motion Apps yet.

If you do not receive responses from our support team, please PM here with your direct email address. We suspect this is due to spam filters or such and you do not receive our responses. Did you check your junk mail maybe?
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  8.    #208  
    Thanks, I have tried Classic Notes, and it does appear to work fine, but the sync to a desktop application is very important to me because I often need to cut-and-paste between these notes and other Windows applications, so it is not good enough.

[EDIT]Classic Notes requires Desktop 6.x for conversion and I only have 4.1.4 — with no hope of a legitimate upgrade — so I am sorry out of luck there as well.

Is there a reason for not updating to the latest Palm Desktop available?
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    How Long Before the up date this Problem I Love My Classic and wish it wouldn't shutdown on me and the sync always hang's up and freezes I Haven't been able to sync it successfully since I brought it
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    That's the latest one available for my device on the Palm support website. Should I choose another device and download a later Desktop — that seems dangerous.
    That's the latest one available for my device on the Palm support website. Should I choose another device and download a later Desktop — that seems dangerous.
    Thats what I did. I just chose Centro because that is what Classic emulates.

Just be carefull about what you migrate to Classic and what you dont as you would with any Palm device migration.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  12.    #212  
    Tricky. Another user recommended Evernote. But we are thinking about this:
    - you backup your older device
    - install latest Palm Desktop software, on another PC if you'd like, just to keep previous Palm Desktop version safe, including backed up data on this PC
    - copy the backup and try to sync Classic with this latest Palm Desktop

Round-a-bout, but might be worth a try?
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Absolutely!!!! Palm Desktop 6.xx is garbage. You lose the colour coded calendar (total non-sense on what is supposed to be an "upgrade") and the application is extremely buggy and crashes a whole lot. I've been forced to switch over on my home desktop for the sole purpose of using the sync engine with Classic in order to sync my SplashWallet apps. If it weren't for this, I never would have installed Palm Desktop 6.xx.

Beware....anyone who upgrades should do a full backup of their data folder first because without it, it will be very difficult to go back to Palm Desktop 4.xx.

Any chance that MotionApps could get their sync working with the Palm Desktop 4.xx instead of forcing the "upgrade"? Remember that Palm Desktop 6.xx was created by Access and that Palm Desktop 4.xx was created by Palm. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!
    According to Palm Support the following versions of Desktop are supposed to be used:

• Palm Desktop 6.2 works with: Palm Centro; Treo 755p , 700p, 680, 650; Palm TX, Z22; Tungsten E2
    • Palm Desktop 4.1.4e works with: Zire 31, 71, 72; Tungsten T5, T3; Treo 650; LifeDrive
    • Palm Desktop 4.1.4 works with: Tungsten C, E, T, T2, T3, W; Zire 71, 31, 21, Zire; Palm m500, m100 series; Palm VII, V, III series; Palm i705; Pilot

It seems like Classic should be tested with all these versions instead of just forcing us to use possibly non-compatible versions of Desktop
  15.    #215  
    Absolutely!!!! Palm Desktop 6.xx is garbage. You lose the colour coded calendar (total non-sense on what is supposed to be an "upgrade") and the application is extremely buggy and crashes a whole lot. I've been forced to switch over on my home desktop for the sole purpose of using the sync engine with Classic in order to sync my SplashWallet apps. If it weren't for this, I never would have installed Palm Desktop 6.xx.

Beware....anyone who upgrades should do a full backup of their data folder first because without it, it will be very difficult to go back to Palm Desktop 4.xx.

Any chance that MotionApps could get their sync working with the Palm Desktop 4.xx instead of forcing the "upgrade"? Remember that Palm Desktop 6.xx was created by Access and that Palm Desktop 4.xx was created by Palm. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!
    OK, OK, no yelling please. We're really just trying to help.

this seems like one of those "fixing one thing breaks another, fixing that one breaks the third one"... the emulation story.

Seriously now, there is a reason why Classic will work with latest Desktop (officially supported), so we can't make it work with previous versions (to say it will work correctly) or guarantee that it will work with previous versions.

So, the best we can do is to offer some workarounds around this, to help you get done what you need to get done. We can't really discuss or change the fact Classic supports latest Palm Desktop.

Is this of any comfort?
    Follow us on Twitter

So, the best we can do is to offer some workarounds around this, to help you get done what you need to get done. We can't really discuss or change the fact Classic supports latest Palm Desktop.
    This should be spelled out in big bold red letters before we purchase the application.

What are the workarounds?

So far I don't have any comfort.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Motion Apps,

Canadian Pre owners just received the 1.3.5.1 update. When I go to the app catalog, I only see the "Classic Emulator" and it does not recognize that "Classic" is already on my device.

Can you please explain to us what is the difference between the "Classic Emulator" and "Classic"? Why can I not simply upgrade "Classic"? I do not want to lose all of my data by switching to a new app. Some clarification here would be greatly appreciated by me and many other Canadian Palm Pre owners. Thanks.
    Not a single "illegal operation" since updating Classic and WebOS to 1.3.5. Hotsycing fine (via BT and WiFi) on a daily basis. So it does seem more stable. Startup is still slow though. Haven't tried ePocrates in it, but I hear it's working better. I'm holding out for the WebOS version of ePocrates.
  19.    #219  
    Motion Apps,

Canadian Pre owners just received the 1.3.5.1 update. When I go to the app catalog, I only see the "Classic Emulator" and it does not recognize that "Classic" is already on my device.

Can you please explain to us what is the difference between the "Classic Emulator" and "Classic"? Why can I not simply upgrade "Classic"? I do not want to lose all of my data by switching to a new app. Some clarification here would be greatly appreciated by me and many other Canadian Palm Pre owners. Thanks.
    Hi Quintus,

we started a new thread on this at http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...20#post2131820, but you will find explanation and instructions regarding this on our blog at MotionApps: Two Classic versions after webOS 1.3.5 update – how to handle this.

Hope this answers the questions and fixes the issue.

Cheers,
    MotionApps
    Follow us on Twitter

20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Not a single "illegal operation" since updating Classic and WebOS to 1.3.5. Hotsycing fine (via BT and WiFi) on a daily basis. So it does seem more stable. Startup is still slow though. Haven't tried ePocrates in it, but I hear it's working better. I'm holding out for the WebOS version of ePocrates.
    oh joy oh happiness! Great news, thank you very much. The reports here in the forums differ, and mostly the users with issues write to us, so we rarely hear from the ones having "good behaving" Classic. Thanks again!
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast