1.    #1  
    Greetings everybody,

Sorry if this has been covered already. I searched but didn't find anything here or anywhere.

I am trying to replace my Palm Tungsten T5 with Motion Apps Classic running on my Palm Pre. I want to migrate all of my Palm Tungsten T5 applications and data to Motion Apps Classic running on my Pre, actually if I can get these I'll be happy: all of my contacts, all of my memos, Olive Tree Bible Reader, and Secret! Then I won't have to carry 2 devices.

I tried by setting the Classic HotSync ID to the same as my T5, and it seems to synch a lot of stuff, but it always crashes with "HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)" which requires a Hard Reset to fix.

Then I tried changing the HotSync ID to a temporary name, which fixed the crash problem, but of course I didn't get any applications or data synchronized.

So, I changed the HotSync ID back to my name and deleted the temporary user from Palm Desktop, but now I'm getting "Duplicate user names are not permitted. The user, '####' already exists on this PC.

Any thoughts or random ideas?
    Last edited by dcIIIxe; 11/17/2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Don't set the HotSync ID in Classic. Just do a hard reset, and then hotsync. On the first hotsync, your PC will ask you which Hotsync ID to use.