Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue, but I'm assuming it's on amazon's end, but anytime i order an MP3 through the app on my palm pre, if i visit my downloads section in my amazon account, the MP3's purchased are unavailable for download. If i try, I'm prompted to purchase them again, as if i dont own them, but it lists them as being owned by me. I've contacted amazon a couple of times and each time they just "reset" my ownership of the songs and im able to download it, but it continues to happen.
    You can only download the purchases you make with your Pre from the phone. You can then transfer them to your PC if you wish via USB. They go into a folder called AmazonMP3 in the root of the USB drive.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You can only download the purchases you make with your Pre from the phone. You can then transfer them to your PC if you wish via USB. They go into a folder called AmazonMP3 in the root of the USB drive.
    yeah, i'm aware of that, however, I recently had to get a new palm pre, because mine was busted, so I couldnt get anything off of it. And when i tried to go back and download my music again, i ran into this.
    That sucks, because I'm pretty sure I read on their site that you can only download them once. Maybe if you contact them and tell them what happened to your phone they will let it slide.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That sucks, because I'm pretty sure I read on their site that you can only download them once. Maybe if you contact them and tell them what happened to your phone they will let it slide.
    well, i've all ready worked with em to get it all back, but the issue i have is if i go to my account, i see the songs as if i own them, with a "download" link, and if i click to download, it prompts me to purchase the song again, which is what i'm wondering if anyone else is having.

it only does this with songs from my palm pre, not songs ive purchased through my PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eerongal View Post
    well, i've all ready worked with em to get it all back, but the issue i have is if i go to my account, i see the songs as if i own them, with a "download" link, and if i click to download, it prompts me to purchase the song again, which is what i'm wondering if anyone else is having.

it only does this with songs from my palm pre, not songs ive purchased through my PC

i get his too, but i also get instant order update note on top of the page.

would love to know what amazon says.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    this is what i found on their site.

Can I download another copy of my MP3 files after the initial purchase?

Your Amazon MP3 Music purchases can only be downloaded once. After you have successfully downloaded the file to your computer at the time of purchase, we recommend that you create a backup copy.

We are currently unable to replace any purchased files that you delete or lose due to a system or disk error. If you encounter a problem with an MP3 file immediately after purchase, please click the Customer Service button in the Contact Us box in the right-hand column of this page so we can determine how to help you.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    this just happend to me. now i know not to use amazon again.
    I downloaded some songs on my Pre and then somehow lost them when trying to copy them off onto my computer. I simply e-mailed Amazon with the songs I lost, 1 album and 2 or 3 songs, and they let me download them again on my phone for free. Will they do that everytime? Probably not, but it's at least worth trying once. I have yet to have a single bad customer experience with Amazon.
    Why not just order and download onto your computer first and then download them onto your Pre? That's what I do.