1.    #1  
    Anyone else think they really dropped the ball with this app? It's nothing like the mobile version of the site, which works well so far. I won't be using it until they majorly update the app version to be on par with the iPhone and BB versions of this.
    how do you erase contacts that were synced by this app. Can't do it manually so do I need a patch? I didn't know it would automatically down load all 100+ friends. Fudge.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    you have to unlink your fb profile... it blows. oh well hopefully they fix this facebook mess soon
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I found this out the hard way earlier when I had 450 new contacts, which some of those were duplicates. I wish the phone would prompt you before it added contacts like that.
    I find that the added contacts are no big deal, I never use the contacts app, just type in the name and up it comes, it's nice when I don't know someones email or phone who is my facebook friend but not someone I've ever gotten their number from.

As far as the app goes, I found once I ignored all the useless application stuff from the actual Facebook stuff, its more like a twitter app where you make updates, get other's updates, respond, and like. Really that's all you should do on the phone, it's too hard to do much more, maybe be able to look at someone else's wall would be nice, but I can't think of a time I'd want to do that over texting them when I'm on the go.

And posting pics is easy from the photo app...

I don't see what else they could've done to earn everyones praise.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I don't see what else they could've done to earn everyones praise.
    i only would have been happy if the app was better than the iphone app. come on people...give it time.
    Let's just hope Palm keeps improving it. I'm waiting for a webOS MySpace app. Let's see how much time passes before one appears.
    complain is all i hear. Take it easy if you guys only knew the amount of time it takes to develop an app then you would understand. DO YOU KNOW WHAT LOW & HIGH LEVEL IS?
    or better yet 1 BITE = how many BYTES?

What is the total of this binary number? 10011101

If you dont know you need to stop complaining about it.

If you dont like it move on. Go to the mobile site and do all you want to do with facebook.
    Like one of our logical thinking pre user above stated.

Besdies updating on the go what else would you want to do?

It is perfect for what it is intended for. I really dont see the point in looking at somebody elses wall when if their your friends their updates get pushed to you.Unless you are a stalker and you want to see who they are interacting with besides you. To look at pictures you get updates too.

Come on some of you just need to shut up about it. Palm knows damn well anything they do will be recieved with praises and complains.

They are not aiming to please you complaining *******s. They release something that will appeal to 96% of their fan base and deal with the rest later.

ans PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop comparing the iphone app to this one.
    I hope they dont go the iphone app route and develop something that is original and tru to the pre.

Why must some of you compare 2 nt products?

Can mods on this site please just create rules to NOT COMPARE phones?
    it is annoying how the level of stupidity on this forum is plagued by vague minds that cat think outside the box.

If you guys love the iphone app so much why dont you just make your life easier and switch to ATT? STOP COMPARING ALREADY DAMMIT
    Last edited by gnove; 11/22/2009 at 05:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    complain is all i hear. Take it easy if you guys only knew the amount of time it takes to develop an app then you would understand. DO YOU KNOW WHAT LOW & HIGH LEVEL IS?
    or better yet 1 BITE = how many BYTES?

What is the total of this binary number? 10011101

If you dont know you need to stop complaining about it.
    I'm sorry but this argument is awful. For a start, it's bits, not bites, and it's 8 bits in a byte. Is the number in BCD or what? Any why is any of this knowledge required to critique a program made in HTML and JavaScript on the basis of its functionality and not even its programming?

If I told you I studied computer science at college and think the facebook app is poor would it make my opinion any more or less valid?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    I'm sorry but this argument is awful. For a start, it's bits, not bites, and it's 8 bits in a byte. Is the number in BCD or what? Any why is any of this knowledge required to critique a program made in HTML and JavaScript on the basis of its functionality and not even its programming?

If I told you I studied computer science at college and think the facebook app is poor would it make my opinion any more or less valid?
    Thank you for clearing that up. I just found it.

gnove, don't spout ignorant garbage either, since you're 'no better' than everyone else in this thread. Sorry, I am a electrical & computer engineering student, familiar with programming. This app is very vanilla and doesn't really have the capabilities that I see an app having. I'm not asking for it to be exactly like the website version, but make it simple, not just a pseudo-Twitter feed like the app is now. Want me to go into more detail? The app shouldn't automatically sync contacts into your phone. I have all the numbers for the people on FB I need. No need to do it for me. A simple prompt would fix that. All I was looking for was something similar to our mobile version with a few more added features, better search function, and I would have been content.
    I would like the facebook app better if it let me post pics, at least be equivilant to the iphone app...

and it really shouldnt matter how much you know about IT stuff, its just improvements we would like to see in future versions, not like im going to drop my pre over one silly facebook app, it just seems to be lacking
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jubland View Post
    I would like the facebook app better if it let me post pics (snipped)
    It does let you post pics.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have yet to be able to even log in to the Facebook app. I keep tapping Sign In and nothing happens.... been this way on THREE separate Pres.
    Bigget missing feature for me is access to my inbox and the ability to read and write messages. That would be really helpful, along with notifications about new messages and entries in the feed.

And to gnove, that meltdown was really uncalled for. Of course people compare phones, since those phones are competing in the market and target the same customers.

To say that anybody who has no experience in coding should not complain about software is just wrong, because apps for a smartphone are developped for all smartphone users, most of which have no background in computer science. And criticising everybody who wants more features in an app that, honestly, is very narrowly focussed right now is not helping anyone either.
    Quote Originally Posted by slope72 View Post
    I have yet to be able to even log in to the Facebook app. I keep tapping Sign In and nothing happens.... been this way on THREE separate Pres.
    Hmm, do you maybe have some odd characters in your password? Try changing the password from a computer and then sign in again. Just a guess.
    so much potential, but its just not there in the app
    the web version is much better, right now at least.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    why is any of this knowledge required to critique a program made in HTML and JavaScript on the basis of its functionality and not even its programming?
    haha...

back to the original question. I just came from a blackberry and before that WinMo. I think there are multiple handy features that are missing. For starters, having only the "Live feed" sux... I have to sift through everybody's dam Farmville messages to get to anything meaningful!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    you can filter out farmville, farm town, mafia wars and stuff like that by clicking "hide" next to one and it will ask you if you want to hide the user or that updates about that game from your newsfeed.
    I think you would like Friendsbook alot better.
    The Facebook app is very dry. Also, this app was written by Palm. The Iphone Facebook app was written by a 3rd party developer, not Apple. Also, the first version of the Iphone Facebook app was no where near as good as the current version.

Give it time peeps. In the meantime, use Friendsflow or Friendsbook. Both have free versions.

If all you're concerned with is uploading pics to your Facebook, use the email option. It allows pics to be uploaded WITH captions.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!