Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Interestingly pReader released a new version today which claims to support eReader DRM'd files. good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by glynnmi View Post
    Interestingly pReader released a new version today which claims to support eReader DRM'd files. good luck.
    I'll have to check that out. I've been waiting for a WebOS version of eReader. I'm still carrying my Tx around just to read ebooks...
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    it does work. I have not used it extensively but it does work,
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I can second that. It works!!!!! Been waiting a long time for a native WebOS reader which will read ereader formats with DRM. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the eReader on PalmOS has but it is a great start especially given all the problems with Classic since the last update. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is still buying books from eReader.
    I too can say that I'm really aggravated by this too and became even more bothered when I saw that the Android version was out. I think I was the first person to post about the e-reader development back in very early June when the company first responded to me. I saw another post recently where eReader said again (back in early October) that it's still in the works and is on the way. As a loyal ereader fan, I'm ticked that we've got such poor love from them, especially when the Palm OS was one of the originals. Remember that Fictionwise was bought by B&N, so I think there is some direction coming from them. B&N has really been going after the IPhone to try and compete with Kindle's app on the Iphone. You would think they would have made sure that eReader would have put the app on every OS as soon as possible to combat kindle. I do think we can take some solace in the fact that the G1 was out for a long time before they ever put anything out for Android, so maybe it's "not personal" lol.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  6.    #26  
    Thanks for the heads up about pReader -- it does work with DRM files, though there are a few maddening hiccups that must be endured. Still, considering that this is homebrew, I doff my cap in gratitude to the minds who made this application possible.

Yes, I'm still waiting not-so-patiently for eReader, but in the meantime this'll do just fine.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by glynnmi View Post
    Wow ... that's impressive! I'll have to try that. The guy who does pReader is pretty sharp, and that would be a terrific stand-in for eReader.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My book is non-DRM and free, by the way.
    XENOLITH (a contemporary fantasy)
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4612
    FREE with coupon code XY39L
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12