1.    #1  
    This would solve the problem of having to press those tiny scroll bars! I hope they add this feature on the next update...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    +1
    Tap-and-drag events are used in PalmOS apps, too. How would you differentiate whether PalmOS should interpret the screen event or the Pre?

I'm impressed they were able to do the pinch-to-zoom.

Regards,
    Tom
    Actually, I've found that holding and dragging work VERY well now with the tiny scroll bars (especially the ones along the right edge)... I was trying to tap them, but using your thumb to drag down works very well...(not sure if this feature is newly added)
    Hold and drag works perfectly for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Tap-and-drag events are used in PalmOS apps, too. How would you differentiate whether PalmOS should interpret the screen event or the Pre?
    maybe with the gesture area held down (switch keyboard function)

Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I'm impressed they were able to do the pinch-to-zoom.
    Classic appears to just zoom the emulator window...its not the emulator itself zooming. unfortunatley this is very different than a flick scroll.

I would love a flick scroll as the scroll bars in skyscap is generally too small (short) to actually utilize effectively
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke View Post
    maybe with the gesture area held down (switch keyboard function)

I would love a flick scroll as the scroll bars in skyscap is generally too small (short) to actually utilize effectively
    If flick scroll required two hands, it would be nearly useless, IMO. But keep thinking -- there could be an elegant solution out there that just hasn't occurred to anyone yet.

Regards,
    Tom
    not so elegant but with the current bug with switch keyboard....

you could zoom out then back into the card from the geasture area and switch keyboard will be activated...then you are free to scroll all day long with one finger
    I realize it's an unsupported and essentially dead app (although still listed in the app catalog), but a more elegant solution to the tiny scroll-bars in Classic would have been to co-opt the VOLUME buttons for scroll up/down, similar to the JOG dial on the Sony Clie (Palm-compatible).

It'd need to LOCK the current volume settings when Classic launched, unhook them from the ringer, then re-hook them into Classic as scroll buttons. Probably not easy, but it'd sure be a lot handier!