Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I can't seem to post a status update with it. I tried twice. Both updates stay at the top of the screen, slightly grayed out and never post. I have no problem commenting on an existing post.... Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    IMO I think the Palm FB app is much more polished than Friendsflow/PalmBook. (As it should)

For the things I use FB for on the Pre this app is more than capable. I would like to see notifications and the ability to see my inbox, but being able to comment on almost everything, post updates and see photo albums in the webOS format works well. Uploading a photo from the app itself isn't needed since you can already do it from the Palm photo app.
    I may be missing something, but when you upload a photo from the photo app, you don't get to add a caption, which can render your uploaded photo a little cryptic at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    A facebook app without an inbox and without the basic ability to view a person's profile is a failure in my book.
    I found this odd too. If I tap on someone's name in the app, I don't want to go to their Pre contact page, I want to see their Facebook profile, to read wall posts and whatnot. Maybe allow me to continue on the Pre profile from their Facebook profile rather than taking me right to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I can't seem to post a status update with it. I tried twice. Both updates stay at the top of the screen, slightly grayed out and never post. I have no problem commenting on an existing post.... Thoughts?
    Fixed it, for those of you with the same problem (if any). The "Facebook for Palm" application wasn't allowed to post on my wall. One checkbox later, and all is well.
    Updated to the newest software update and I don't see FB in the app catalog, am I missing something?
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    Updated to the newest software update and I don't see FB in the app catalog, am I missing something?
    Still showing right at the top for me.
    I actually think the facebook app that is bookmarked with the phones web browser is the best...jus need to add chat and photo comments.....and fix that bug where you hit back n it takes you out of facebook instead of back a page
    Anyone deleted this app yet?
    No it's a good app and it's free.
    You do realize they can update the app right? This isn't a final version.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    can anybody tell me if there is a way to only sync the names in the contact list on my phone like on the blackberry without adding everybody.
    Facebook wont sync. Seems as if others are syncing fine but mine wont even tried on a different phone. Are there any setting in facebook that will prohibit the sync?? Or maybe in the facebook app??
    Quote Originally Posted by ccarlock1 View Post
    can anybody tell me if there is a way to only sync the names in the contact list on my phone like on the blackberry without adding everybody.
    No not at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Facebook wont sync. Seems as if others are syncing fine but mine wont even tried on a different phone. Are there any setting in facebook that will prohibit the sync?? Or maybe in the facebook app??
    Possibly. Log into the Facebook page & go to your app settings (click on "Applications" on the bottom left bar, then edit applications). See if the permissions are set correctly for the "Facebook for Palm" app.
    Follow Me On

The new facebook app is lame. Palm should be ashamed to launch a useless app like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    The new facebook app is lame. Palm should be ashamed to launch a useless app like this one.
    You should be more ashamed of your comment.

The app has the ability to add comments and to like something which seems to work pretty well. If I want to see all the other more complex features I can either use a real computer or just use the browser. It's not bad for a first version. I'm sure it will get updates over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    No not at the moment.

Possibly. Log into the Facebook page & go to your app settings (click on "Applications" on the bottom left bar, then edit applications). See if the permissions are set correctly for the "Facebook for Palm" app.
    Thanks for trying but it didnt help... This is really working my nerves..
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I may be missing something, but when you upload a photo from the photo app, you don't get to add a caption, which can render your uploaded photo a little cryptic at times.
    Once it's uploaded, you can add a comment. I used this to "remind" me of the caption I want.

I suspect this is an oversight, and will be addressed later. You should be able to add the caption when you upload.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    You should be more ashamed of your comment.
    Oh get over it, he can say whatever he wants about it.

It's a crappy app and everyone knows it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Oh get over it, he can say whatever he wants about it.

It's a crappy app and everyone knows it.
    I hate to tell you but that also gives me the right to rebuke his comment. The street runs both ways. I happen to like the app for what it does now.
    I actually like it. I think what it DOES do, it does well. The only thing I'm really missing is viewing the FB profile, and some kind of notification thing like x.facebook.com has, so I can quickly go to posts where someone commented or something.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast