Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linkofhyrule007 View Post
    So would friends' photo albums just show up in my Photos app? And what's supposed to come up in Contacts? I'm not seeing either

I really like the app though - it does the simple stuff well, which I couldn't do on FB before with my Pre.
    When you view a friend's Photo album via the Facebook App like if someone posted some pics and it's in your feed, the interface is exactly like the WebOS' Photo App Album view. And you view photos like as if you were browsing an album on your own device, and has a comment button when you view a specific photo so you can comment and view other comments. (It is not fully integrated into the Photo App, instead seems to borrow the interface and adds a comment button)

When you tap a user's name or avatar in the facebook app, it will bring up their entry from the Contacts app.(Note it will borrow the Contacts App interface, if you hit "edit" it will launch the Contacts App in a separate card)
    i got it downloaded and everything but mine wil not connect, i just get that spinning x icon in the bottom corner.

Edit: i guess something is wrong with my wifi, i shut it off and it works. i can still browse the web with wifi though, weird. my router sucks though
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    For everyone complaining about facebook.

There is more then one program; and, with the pre we can multi-task and use all of them at one time
    wow, fast. and i like taht you can click on pic and get contacts to text or call or emaill. nice
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I love it!
    The app has some nice innovations but definitely needs some work on the basics, like viewing other people's walls or profiles, attaching links or videos to updates.

----------Edit----------
    I should note I am not upset about the missing features, but interested to see how the development advances on this application. It's a native app that actually lets me view my feed in order, unlike the facebook website which is so broken beyond belief.
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 11/14/2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    What makes you think Palm wrote the app? I was under the impression the official apps are made by Facebook. (The company.)
    If you guys don't like the facebook app, then take it up with facebook. the great iphone facebook app was not made by apple, facebook made the app. Its okay to say you don't like it, it is missing alot, but it isn't palms fault, it actually integrates well with the pre functions, Definitely missing some functions, such as inbox, and checking profiles.
    Hi, I hope someone has input on this. I just downloaded the facebook app and it required me to update my webos to v. 1.3.1. I did, and it reset every tweak I had changed. But when I check them in webosquickinstaller, it says that my tweaks are active and when I check/uncheck them, it says there is an error.
    Thank you for your anticipated responses.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I really like the app for what it is now...the only thing I may want to see (for now) is notifications for when I receive responses from status updates that I've posted with the app.

Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewmg11 View Post
    Hi, I hope someone has input on this. I just downloaded the facebook app and it required me to update my webos to v. 1.3.1. I did, and it reset every tweak I had changed. But when I check them in webosquickinstaller, it says that my tweaks are active and when I check/uncheck them, it says there is an error.
    Thank you for your anticipated responses.
    This has nothing to do with the Facebook app, I suggest you ask for help in the thread for WebOS QuickInstall.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html

I use Preware for my patching so I'm unfamiliar with WebOS QI mods.

Quote Originally Posted by le_pig View Post
    I really like the app for what it is now...the only thing I may want to see (for now) is notifications for when I receive responses from status updates that I've posted with the app.

Does that make sense?
    Yeah currently it has no notifications, hopefully a future update will feature it. I completely understand. Half the time I keep expecting it to update on its own and give me a notification.
    IMO I think the Palm FB app is much more polished than Friendsflow/PalmBook. (As it should)

For the things I use FB for on the Pre this app is more than capable. I would like to see notifications and the ability to see my inbox, but being able to comment on almost everything, post updates and see photo albums in the webOS format works well. Uploading a photo from the app itself isn't needed since you can already do it from the Palm photo app.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    IMO I think the Palm FB app is much more polished than Friendsflow/PalmBook. (As it should)

For the things I use FB for on the Pre this app is more than capable. I would like to see notifications and the ability to see my inbox, but being able to comment on almost everything, post updates and see photo albums in the webOS format works well. Uploading a photo from the app itself isn't needed since you can already do it from the Palm photo app.
    I do agree some of the features the app offers it offers in spades. The UI is quite clean(the hidden attach and share button was a very good idea), and the feed goes quite far, unlike Palmbook. And the Photo Album implementation is very nicely done. I'm quite anxious to see what the future holds for this app. Hopefully the fact that Palm develops it, means updates will hit the catalog a lot quicker than it takes for some apps.
  13.    #93  
    Yeah, I'm not a huge Facebook user (the out of the box support back in June was all I wanted anyway) but I also have to agree that what it does, it does well.

I can see how people would want more functionality though.

Now that I think about it, being able to accept friend requests would be nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    If you guys don't like the facebook app, then take it up with facebook. the great iphone facebook app was not made by apple, facebook made the app. Its okay to say you don't like it, it is missing alot, but it isn't palms fault, it actually integrates well with the pre functions, Definitely missing some functions, such as inbox, and checking profiles.
    See the posts above, Palm made the app, not Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I personally think for as long as it took for the app to come out, it completely sucks, you cant copy pics, you cant look at profiles, its basically the webpage in a app, all you can do is leave comments and update status....SERIOUSLY??????????????? WOW no wonder Im more and more starting to feel palm will never be a leader and barely a follower and thats bad coming from me considering I have always had Palm
    W-E-B-O-S

honestly, i did not expect much more than what launched...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    See the posts above, Palm made the app, not Facebook.
    exactly, this is a palm app...the better facebook apps are made by facebook...so if you want a full featured app, like the iphone's then you need to wait on facebook for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    lol Maajka I love how your being defensive lol if we don't speak out for what is wrong or things that need to corrected you might as well never see an update....and if companies didnt do more than the PRE would never even be here lol so that was pretty stupid what you said...lol to each their own, someone who uses fb simply update status's and nothing more will love the app, someone who uses fb for fb will hate it...

just as someone who uses a pre only to make calls will love it but an avid smartphone user wants some things updated n fixed....but than again you have 3 posts lol
    So because you spent more time on this forum than me, writing in your barely understandable language, makes you more competent? If you want to provide constructive criticism to software developers, there are proper ways to do it.
    So talking about writing something stupid, please learn how to express yourself, and then we can discuss this a little further.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I understand people's frustration with the lack of features, as I wish it had more as well. However, when judging software, I always compare the number of features against the quality of its features. For what Palm chose to implement, they did it very well. It really seems like the true Webos experience comes out with this app. The photos screens, contacts, calendar-esque shrinking of comments, etc. These are all great design that keep a consistent, intuitive UI with the rest of the OS.

Am I frustrated that it took this long for an offical FB app? Yep. Do I wish it had more features? You bet. However, I am very pleased that they are putting out quality features and not just features for the sake of having them. Personally, if FB was was such an important component for my phone, I would have gone with a different platform that already had an established app. Webos and its apps are still fairly new so I'm perfectly willing to be patient and watch them mature.
    one way is to disable facebook in the contacts preferences. But I don't know if the FB app would work without it.
    A facebook app without an inbox and without the basic ability to view a person's profile is a failure in my book.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast