Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It has potential, but yeah, for having such a long time to work on it, and having the iPhone app to use as an example, this is pretty underwhelming.
    Underwhelming isn't the word. Let's put Palm's WebOS effort into perspective shall we?

It does less than:

The full site (DUH)
    Lite.facebook.com (duh again)
    the former m.facebook.com
    the current touch.facebook.com
    Facebook for WM
    Facebook for Symbian
    Facebook for IPhone
    Facebook for BlackBerry
    Facebook for Android
    Palmbook
    FriendsFlow? (Never used it)
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Underwhelming isn't the word. Let's put Palm's WebOS effort into perspective shall we?

It does less than:
    Come on, you are comparing apples and oranges. Name one of these platforms that is capable of the album or contact synergy of the Pre's integration with Facebook. It's a trade off really. It's a way to stay upto date with your friends on a more intimate level, having their picture updated in contacts, accessing albums, etc.

Give it time, improvements will come.

P8
    Quote Originally Posted by maajka View Post
    I've been reading this forum for a while now, and a lot of it is just complains about this and that. Take it easy people, use the phone, if you don't like it get something else or learn how to program. Why torture yourself and other people as well.

So back to the question, anybody knows how to get these facebook contacts off the address book?
    Go to the Contacts app, swipe down the menu, select Preferences and Accounts. Select the Facebook account, and remove it.
    I recently updated to 1.3.1 and was trying to install the new facebook app and it gave me the error not enough memory crap, so I deleted a few apps that I never used, and so I only have like one or two apps downloaded besides the stuff the pre comes with stock, and it still gives me that error? what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistororange View Post
    I recently updated to 1.3.1 and was trying to install the new facebook app and it gave me the error not enough memory crap, so I deleted a few apps that I never used, and so I only have like one or two apps downloaded besides the stuff the pre comes with stock, and it still gives me that error? what gives?
    Email can take up a lot of memory in /var might want to try out mvapp
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html
    Weird, try a restart
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    does anyone know what the post I'd is? Ex posted from Web or Facebook for iphone
    via Facebook for Palm - And it's linked to a Facebook for Palm page.
    I tried restarting still no good, and I read about the symbolic link thing, but my email is empty i only get two to three messages a day and i delete them after i read them, seems weird i dunno whats going on
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    When someone finds a way around the app limit I will test it out, but I refuse to delete my current apps just to install something new, as I have a use for all of my current apps.
    Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Darth mo, ppl are looking for functionality on par with the iphone. have you seen that app yet? its amazing. I am just looking to have things such as profile viewing, perhaps chat, being able to check your facebook inbox. etc. much more than just "look at the feed and respond"
    Heh, no, I haven't seen it, hence the disconnect. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The photo integration in the app is actually really stellar, can view an album like it is on the Pre, can comment on the photo and view its comments on the Pre with the accordion expansion that the calendar uses. It seems like they focused on one of the most important features that's hard to integrate.
    That sounds like a change in the Photo App then. One of my complaints about the Photo App's integration with Facebook is that it didn't allow me to post a comment when I uploaded a picture. Will have to check this one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    i agree. you should be able to check your inbox, view a profile, view pictures. i know this is "redundant" of what the webpage does, but there should be an app that takes the functionality of a webpage and simplifies it....makes it so you dont have to load the browser -> go to facebook.com -> click on inbox and wait for it to load. This is the point of a native app - to be able to simplify a process and have the app do all the tedious behind the scenes work for you. especially with facebook. i would love to be able to set certain notifications to pop up in the notifications bar kinda like a text. or a message in the inbox to show up like an email does. maybe im just asking for too much...

Then again it IS a brand new app. Lets see what the updates to it bring.
    To be fair, it looks like this ties directly to the Photo Apps, and that's the way Palm's apps on their devices should work. It would be silly to have the photo functionality duplicated in the Facebook app.

At the same time, it looks like the app works directly (and well) with the Contact app too.
    I'm not the type of person who lives via Facebook so the app meets my needs and all future improvements will be welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Yes it's friggin mind-boggling that Palm can't produce a decent Facebook app for WebOS. It's like a friggin bunch of monkeys coded it. Hey Palm, hire some real developers that are actually competent!
    What makes you think Palm wrote the app? I was under the impression the official apps are made by Facebook. (The company.)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So would friends' photo albums just show up in my Photos app? And what's supposed to come up in Contacts? I'm not seeing either

I really like the app though - it does the simple stuff well, which I couldn't do on FB before with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    What makes you think Palm wrote the app? I was under the impression the official apps are made by Facebook. (The company.)
    Because it says it right in the App Catalog: Facebook for Palm by Palm.

Regardless of who made it, Palm or Facebook, they did a horrible job.
    I tried restarting still no good, and I read about the symbolic link thing, but my email is empty i only get two to three messages a day and i delete them after i read them, seems weird i dunno whats going on
    I can say the same for me but apparently after i installed mvapp I noticed email taking up about 40MB on my device in /var which gave me little app wiggle room. I tried everything by removing everything in my inboxes, trash, etc. Even deleting the accounts on the device, and email still was taking up 40MB. Eventually using some advice in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/general...my-memory.html I just deleted everything inside /var/luna/data/emails and /var/luna/data/attachments and that worked like a charm and cleared up plenty of space and didn't ruin my email app. I now have like 40megs more for apps for the time being.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    when you read about the app in the app catalog it shows that its from palm and when you follow the developer home link it takes you to palm's website.
    It's Palm's, trust me
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast