Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I can't find it in the App Catalog. I'm running 1.3.1 - any ideas??
    I rebooted my phone, went to app catalog typed 'facebook' and clicked search button. Still nothing so clicked it two more times and voila got it!
    the app is PASSIVE. You react to whats on the feed and u can post a status update. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I don't understand what people want. You have several apps (including an official one now) and 3 different iterations of browser versions of Facebook available on the Pre; what else is there?

If you just want to check out the news quickly you can bring up one of the apps for a quick scan. If you need to see someone's wall or maybe something a little deeper, throw the page on your launcher and you have instant access to the full, medium, or the light websites.

I don't know of any apps for websites that offer access to every single component of the site. The whole point of an app is that it's streamlined to easily access the most interesting information from a full website...
    i think the problem is the app doesn't offer what other facebook apps offer. not that it doesn't have the whole webpage
    All I want is to be able to see comments on photos. Is it that hard?
    Sounds groovy. I'll be getting my Pixi soon...or tomorrow!

BTW: How is the LinkedIn app for WebOs?
    Has anyone tried this app on 1.2.1? The App Catalog says it only works with 1.3.1, but I haven't received the update yet.

I will probably just have to wait, but I was hoping maybe someone else without the update tried it out. ha
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    All I want is to be able to see comments on photos. Is it that hard?
    If you can access the photo in your feed you can. Just tap the photo or browse the gallery for the right photo and hit the comment button it will let you comment on the photo and see other comments on the photo.
    I don't understand what people want. You have several apps (including an official one now) and 3 different iterations of browser versions of Facebook available on the Pre; what else is there?

If you just want to check out the news quickly you can bring up one of the apps for a quick scan. If you need to see someone's wall or maybe something a little deeper, throw the page on your launcher and you have instant access to the full, medium, or the light websites.

I don't know of any apps for websites that offer access to every single component of the site. The whole point of an app is that it's streamlined to easily access the most interesting information from a full website...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    i think the problem is the app doesn't offer what other facebook apps offer. not that it doesn't have the whole webpage
    i agree. you should be able to check your inbox, view a profile, view pictures. i know this is "redundant" of what the webpage does, but there should be an app that takes the functionality of a webpage and simplifies it....makes it so you dont have to load the browser -> go to facebook.com -> click on inbox and wait for it to load. This is the point of a native app - to be able to simplify a process and have the app do all the tedious behind the scenes work for you. especially with facebook. i would love to be able to set certain notifications to pop up in the notifications bar kinda like a text. or a message in the inbox to show up like an email does. maybe im just asking for too much...

Then again it IS a brand new app. Lets see what the updates to it bring.
    Last edited by cnote1287; 11/14/2009 at 01:21 PM.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by maajka View Post
    I've been reading this forum for a while now, and a lot of it is just complains about this and that. Take it easy people, use the phone, if you don't like it get something else or learn how to program. Why torture yourself and other people as well.

So back to the question, anybody knows how to get these facebook contacts off the address book?
    I am pretty sure that is what these forums are for. Complaints and commments. Not just negative but positive also. So if you dont want to hear it stay off!!
    I don't understand what people want....
    The whole point of an app is that it's streamlined to easily access the most interesting information from a full website...
    There ya go. You just answered your own question.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    You should be able to remove facebook from your contacts by going into preferences & accounts...select facebook...remove account. In the past this only removed facebook from contacts. I have not installed the new app yet however.
    Yeah I did this too, it worked. I believe you can also (on the full site) add your friends to a custom "List" and they won't sync either.

As for the App, it's Palm's 1.0 app. Give it some time, it will get better. It suits my needs well, and for things it doesn't there is the full site until the app progresses.
    Wow this "official Palm WebOS Facebook app" is a huge piece of crap. For what's advertised as a "social networking" phone, you guys suck. Why don't you hire some developers who can write good apps? Is that so hard? Take a look at Blackberry's FB app, maybe you'll learn something.

FAIL!
    Exactly!! I was looking for something to rival the IPhone. I understand that webos is very new but coming out with 3 apps that do the same thing doesnt make sense. Facebook app for Iphone as a lot more. This seems to be the exact same thing as palmbook. ALL I WANT IS CHAT ADDED!! How hard is it!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There ya go. You just answered your own question.
    Help me out. What exactly are you missing?

To consider the app complete, what would it need? Not trying to pick a fight or anything, just curious.
    For those of you who delete the facebook account in contacts, can you click a user you don't have in your contacts. The app links to a user's contact profile I'd like to know the behavior if a user isn't in contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by country8109 View Post
    Exactly!! I was looking for something to rival the IPhone. I understand that webos is very new but coming out with 3 apps that do the same thing doesnt make sense. Facebook app for Iphone as a lot more. This seems to be the exact same thing as palmbook. ALL I WANT IS CHAT ADDED!! How hard is it!!!!!
    Yes it's friggin mind-boggling that Palm can't produce a decent Facebook app for WebOS. It's like a friggin bunch of monkeys coded it. Hey Palm, hire some real developers that are actually competent!
    Help me out. What exactly are you missing?

To consider the app complete, what would it need? Not trying to pick a fight or anything, just curious.
    Darth mo, ppl are looking for functionality on par with the iphone. have you seen that app yet? its amazing. I am just looking to have things such as profile viewing, perhaps chat, being able to check your facebook inbox. etc. much more than just "look at the feed and respond"
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Has anyone tried this app on 1.2.1? The App Catalog says it only works with 1.3.1, but I haven't received the update yet.

I will probably just have to wait, but I was hoping maybe someone else without the update tried it out. ha
    I think Palm coded some calls in 1.3.1 that might be required for the app. Like I noticed if you tap a user's name or photo it opens their entry in Contacts app. So certain features might not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    As for the App, it's Palm's 1.0 app. Give it some time, it will get better. It suits my needs well, and for things it doesn't there is the full site until the app progresses.
    Time? ***? The phone's been out for 6 months and they should have started development of a Facebook app MANY MONTHS before that!

There is NO excuse for this **** app.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    in after people crying about facebook lol
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast