Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ya mine didnt put them either, THANK GOD
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    BE ADVISED! Downloading the facebook app and logging on will sync ALL your facebook contacts to you Pre.
    You should be able to remove facebook from your contacts by going into preferences & accounts...select facebook...remove account. In the past this only removed facebook from contacts. I have not installed the new app yet however.
    I find it hilarious that a big part of Palm's advertising was based on Facebook integration and an "official" app is just now arriving.

But I find it even funnier that it sounds like unofficial apps have more functionality that the official, yet everyone seems SO anxious for the official.

And... I find it even funnier yet, that the actual Facebook site works better than any app... and has worked great since day one, yet we seem need an official app to make the platform seem legitimate.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceBradford View Post
    I find it hilarious that a big part of Palm's advertising was based on Facebook integration and an "official" app is just now arriving.
    How is that funny? The Facebook feature that they claimed: seamless download of Facebook contact information and picture: has worked since day one.

They never advertised anything about being able to view statuses or walls or anything else like that.
    Man, 4MB... How did they make this so blotted when either Friendsflow or Palmbook are offering double the functionality with less then half the footprint? Is Palm going the blotware tradition of M$ of the last decade?

This wouldn't matter as much if Palm didn't put in that ******** app install limit in the first place......
    does anyone know what the post I'd is? Ex posted from Web or Facebook for iphone
    When someone finds a way around the app limit I will test it out, but I refuse to delete my current apps just to install something new, as I have a use for all of my current apps.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    cool can't wait to check this out
  9.    #29  
    Wow, people are still having issues with the app limit? Haven't had a problem since Fair Dinkum (and now Package Manager service has the fix integrated).

Just install Preware and you should be fine. Though, if you're still hitting the 256 MB limit, then maybe you just have way too many apps installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wow, people are still having issues with the app limit? Haven't had a problem since Fair Dinkum (and now Package Manager service has the fix integrated).

Just install Preware and you should be fine. Though, if you're still hitting the 256 MB limit, then maybe you just have way too many apps installed.
    I have Preware installed, but I still get the app limit message when using Palm's app catalog.
    it wont let me downoload it because i dont have enough space but i deleted alot of apps ;[ HELP
    via Facebook for Palm
    --Marvin
    lol what? Most "people" arnt going to patch their phones or sideload apps, so yes the majority of pre owners will run into this problem
    I can't find it in the App Catalog. I'm running 1.3.1 - any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    How is that funny? The Facebook feature that they claimed: seamless download of Facebook contact information and picture: has worked since day one.

They never advertised anything about being able to view statuses or walls or anything else like that.
    Yeah, because that Sprint commercial with the giant Facebook set showed contacts syncing to the phone. Yup. And that's why Palm invited their COO to speak at the Pre launch. Because people wanted to sync contacts, and didn't care about viewing statuses and walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, because that Sprint commercial with the giant Facebook set showed contacts syncing to the phone. Yup. And that's why Palm invited their COO to speak at the Pre launch. Because people wanted to sync contacts, and didn't care about viewing statuses and walls.
    eh its a gray area....palm never SPECIFICALLY said that they were giving all that functionality....ppl just assumed and then when their assumptions are shot down they get ****ed. ppl shouldnt assume as much. that way they wont be let down - pessimistic view....but then again its kept me from getting really ****ed at these updates
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Are you guys serious?

The palm facebook app is great for a first version. As far as facebook integration goes lets see:

Integrates with phone synergy
    Populates current images with my phone contacts
    allows me to do basic on-the-fly changes for facebook when on the run
    fast, fast, fast

As far as all the extras, they'll get there, just give it time. Palm is obviously commited as they have rolled out their 2nd WebOS device...

That means, the palm Pre user base may not grow, but the WebOS base will definitely grow! The more people using webOS, the more aps they will make for it, and greater demand for updates, hang in there, and chill out. In the mean time keep a box of tissues near-by, because from the looks of it, you ppl need them.

p8
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan7b7 View Post
    Yeah i need to get these damn facebook contacts out of my address book. I have hundredssss of friends through facebook cause i dj and know a lot of people but i don't want all these damn names in my personal address book.
    i think you can just delete facebook from your contacts account list and you'll stay signed into the program
    The photo integration in the app is actually really stellar, can view an album like it is on the Pre, can comment on the photo and view its comments on the Pre with the accordion expansion that the calendar uses. It seems like they focused on one of the most important features that's hard to integrate.
    I don't understand what people want. You have several apps (including an official one now) and 3 different iterations of browser versions of Facebook available on the Pre; what else is there?

If you just want to check out the news quickly you can bring up one of the apps for a quick scan. If you need to see someone's wall or maybe something a little deeper, throw the page on your launcher and you have instant access to the full, medium, or the light websites.

I don't know of any apps for websites that offer access to every single component of the site. The whole point of an app is that it's streamlined to easily access the most interesting information from a full website...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast