Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    So far, Classic under 1.3.1 doesn't freeze after sleep, or after minimizing card and re-choosing. I have been able to keep ePocrates open for over 5 sleep-wake cycles w/o freezing or needing to restart. Not sure if it is the update to Classic 2.0.1 or to WebOS 1.3.1 or both, but I'm a bit happier now!
    I am downloading WebOS 1.3.1 right now. I will be interested to see if the crashes when updating Epocrates are improved.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    eReader now seems to be Classic Certified. What does this mean? Still cannot change background color. Are there any changes?
    Laissez Faire
    For me, too, 1.31 fixed the "freeze on sleep" problem.
    Since updating to 1.3.1, Classic 2.0.1 performs an illegal operation 75-80% of the time when I try to open it and freezes the Pre. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by treowalt View Post
    Since updating to 1.3.1, Classic 2.0.1 performs an illegal operation 75-80% of the time when I try to open it and freezes the Pre. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Same for me --- I have to open it at least 6-10 times before it finally comes up without an error.

And I'm within my 7 days, so I'm thinking I'm not going to pay for this app after all.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I only use classic for audible...was perfect...now that I have 131 and 210 it plays about 1 minute and stops...illegal op...as described...I am beginning to hate updates that take 1.5 hours to recover from...give me nothing...and take things aw(....
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Me three!

Did a Hard Reset, and Classic crashed when I installed the free palm apps from Motion Apps. Although not certified, 4Cast and 2Day used to work great, now, 4Cast won't load or display forecasts, and 2Day crashes Classic and takes the Pre with it, after a 2-3 min freeze. Even some of the Classic certified apps are causing crashes now, Wiseman crashed Classic, after I launched it accidently, when trying to scroll.

This is happening on a stock 1.3.1 Pre, ...no homebrew, patches, etc., and a clean Classic install, with just the free palm app download from Motion Apps, installed.

Between 1.2 and 1.3.1 Classic was running a hot-synced "clone" of my Centro, I even had Pocket Tunes running. Couldn't get Audible working though. ;-(

I hope this is a glitch, but, It's getting frustrating not being able to get Classic running again...
    This has happened a lot for me too. "Illegal operation" messages occurred repeatedly. Just when 2.0.1 of Classic was working better, we get this.

Wiseman which I thought was Classic certified since it was included in the free download bundle now gives me the "not certified" message.

There are other hiccups too with 1.3.1 that I've experienced including the homebrew app Brightness Unlinked not working properly since the update.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with a problem. There's comfort in company. MotionApps is good about coming out witha Classic update after a WebOS update. I'm sure we'll see something soon.
    Hope they fix this quickly. I just purchased Classic yesterday after the upgrade and am having pretty much consistent freezing issues with it, too. Yeah, feels good to know I'm not alone!
    Same for me, cant open my books any more. To make matters worse I purchased some of the books I was currently reading through shortcovers app and I am having problems opening some chapters. Wish we had a standalone quality ereader for WebOS.
    Since updateing the latest classic and WebOS I lost all Classic Programs and Data. Datebk6 and all data are gone as is Passwords Plus and all data and all other Classic downloaded programs. I do not root or do any other homebrews or anything. I also have not been able to get the WiFi hotsynch to work so have lost my entire life. All calendars and passwords. Any help out there??????
    "The application <> performed and illegal operation" error is turning out to be a widespread issue.

I contacted Motionapps support. The customer support is usually very prompt and very good so I'm sure they'll be working on this right away.

Hotsync via Bluetooth is still working. I just tested this again tonight. it's pretty fast.

I've read in other threads that WiFi can be broken with installation of My Tether on 1.3.1 in some cases.

Other weird things have been happening for me since updating to 1.3.1 such as issues with Brightness Unlinked not working, Music Player and Music Player Remixed getting stuck in launching process, and File Coaster getting stuck loading (a now known issue).

Therefore, Classic is not alone is being adversely affected by 1.3.1. Looks like more growing pains for the Pre and for Classic. Fortunately, I'm patient and love my Pre enough to tolerate these issues to a certain extent. It helps that the Developers like Motionapps and Zinge (of Brightness Unlinked) are dedicated to their products and their customers.
    At his point, we do not have any “confirmed cause” for the issues you guys are describing. Some of them sound pretty weird, and we’re just suspecting that it could be some kind of “glitch” that occurred during update, but are on this and will post any updates on our side.

We’re just sorry to hear that our update with major stability improvements went evil on some of you.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Just adding my 2 cents, er Negative 2 cents. I just got Audible tamed and now I get the gray "illegal" message, too. Glad to hear you are on it, MotionApps.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    I have the "The application <> performed and illegal operation" error about 90% of time and mixed in there it locks up my Palm Pre and I have to pull the battery to restart. I am only using the eReader app right now. If I get an error then trying to open again it does work, it will act as if it opened up eReader for the first time reminding me it is not certified. As others mentioned this is not the only app with problems. I also tried to use ShortCovers to read some books and when trying to open some chapters it hangs. Thanks for responding MotionApps.
    can´t find classic into the app catalog! anything wrong or what?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I cannot use Classic at all now after the update. It either crashes my phone or tells me -these programs performed an illegal operation- and names what looks like all of my programs.
    Yep same problem
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast