Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have just noticed that since the update, 1.1.3 to 1.3.1 all my 3rd party apps within Classic now pop up the 'Not Classic Certified' warning, even though they are certified. They only do it the first time I run them after a Reset.

MetroO is doing it, and I'm running the special version for Classic users.

Could this help track down the "Illegal Operation" crashes ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I have just noticed that since the update, 1.1.3 to 1.3.1 all my 3rd party apps within Classic now pop up the 'Not Classic Certified' warning, even though they are certified. They only do it the first time I run them after a Reset.

MetroO is doing it, and I'm running the special version for Classic users.

Could this help track down the "Illegal Operation" crashes ?
    forwarded to dev team's table. we'll see what they say.

Thanks you ChasT.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    It's all gone a bit quiet of late in here.

~ Are Motionapps able to replicate the problems with Classic and 1.3.1 ?
    It would be comforting to know.
    ~ Is any progress being made on a solution?
    ~ Have you taken steps to get Classic back into the Beta Apps Catalog for EU owners ?
    PocketMirror was 'lost' when users updated from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1, but within a couple of days it 'came back' with a minor 'point' update.
    No sign of Classic yet, despite a trickle of new apps every couple of days?
    Thought of the day :
    It's all gone a bit quiet of late in here.

~ Are Motionapps able to replicate the problems with Classic and 1.3.1 ?
    It would be comforting to know.
    ~ Is any progress being made on a solution?
    ~ Have you taken steps to get Classic back into the Beta Apps Catalog for EU owners ?
    PocketMirror was 'lost' when users updated from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1, but within a couple of days it 'came back' with a minor 'point' update.
    No sign of Classic yet, despite a trickle of new apps every couple of days?
    Yes, we’re kind of discussing this in another sticky thread, but here’s digest status update:

- yes, we did replicate it
    - we implemented a fix soon afterwards, to be released with next version
    - the App Catalog issue in Europe is not Classic specific, so we believe this will be fixed by Palm soon
    - here’s another user’s insight into how Classic works, which is actually why we cannot release it as a “simple” update http://forums.precentral.net/officia...ml#post2066506
    Follow us on Twitter

Thanks, the digest update is most useful.

One question, your fix you talk about, is that in the part that is updated in any new release of Classic in the App Catalog, or is it in the part that's written into WebOS?
    Thought of the day :
    Thanks, the digest update is most useful.

One question, your fix you talk about, is that in the part that is updated in any new release of Classic in the App Catalog, or is it in the part that's written into WebOS?
    curious cat!

Kind of both, but mostly in ROM (webOS part as you say)
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    curious cat!

Kind of both, but mostly in ROM (webOS part as you say)
    Bring on 1.3.2, or what ever, then please Mr Palm
    Thought of the day :
    Just wanted to note that I have had the classic problems, too, and that I want to report a strange symptom, although it sounds like you have a handle on the problem already. I noticed that when I have used classic, and have it in card view, and either use an app or use the usb cord to sync files or charge, sometimes when I go back to card view I find that classic has disappeared, as if I swiped it away. After this if I try to use a music player or assign a ringtone, or sometimes look at photos, the particular app won't be able to access those directories. A reset of the phone will cure this issue.

Just more food for the debugging.
    Big problems with Classic now. Totally unusable. Locks up after the very familiar illegal operation screen. Boy, I wish I hadn't bought this app! And MobileWrite, as well! Ouch x2!
    Quote Originally Posted by w8aq View Post
    Big problems with Classic now. Totally unusable. Locks up after the very familiar illegal operation screen. Boy, I wish I hadn't bought this app! And MobileWrite, as well! Ouch x2!
    Well, before 1.3.1 it was rock solid for me.

If you read the post above from MA the fix is done and just waiting for Palm to bring out 1.3.5 and push out the other half through the App Catalog.

MobileWrite ?, I was a heavy Graffiti users on my Treo680, using G1, but for me the Pre has persuaded me to leave the stylus behind within Classic.
    Thought of the day :
    Then I hope Motion Apps is breaking down the door at Palm to get them to release 1.3.5 — you would think that Motion Apps Classic would have the best possible response from Palm — in my mind this bodes pretty poorly for lesser developers.
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcIIIxe View Post
    Then I hope Motion Apps is breaking down the door at Palm to get them to release 1.3.5 — you would think that Motion Apps Classic would have the best possible response from Palm — in my mind this bodes pretty poorly for lesser developers.
    Well, Palm has been releasing average one update per month, which compared to Palm's history with other devices and when compared to any other smartphone out there is pretty phenomenal. (Of course, you could argue that other devices didn't need *so many* updates, but still.)

Yes, this is annoying to those of us waiting for a fix, but is does sound like a fix is coming! I'm reassured that Motion Apps was able to reproduce the problem(s) themselves. Gives me much more reassurance that the problem is fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I ran into this situation as well. I know I didn't have the latest version of Classic prior to updating WebOS, if that helps the Classic team debug the issue. Classic just looks like a default installation at this point for me (all data and apps are gone).
    I've finally gotten my original Classic (v1) data back. Since I hadn't updated Classic to 2.0 prior to the last update of WebOS (1.3.1) which forced the Mojo app to update to 2.0, it created a secondary (default) profile which had none of my originally installed apps.

I had to wait for the 1.3.5 WebOS update and MotionApps Classic (Mojo App through the App Catalog) update to Classic v2.1.2 to achieve this. After installation of both, Classic asked me which set of data to migrate and I chose my v1 data and the apps and data seem to have safely been migrated.

It was a long wait, but I'm glad it has been resolved correctly.

Thanks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234