Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Classic and audible simply are not meshing on the 1.3.1 update. Constant crashe withClassic. Illegal Operations. I love my audible and it had been working like a charm berfore. Now I get about 1-2 minutes before it crashes.

Pretty disappointing.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    I found on another thread that a hard reset in classic fixes this issue, but ofcourse you lose all your data and loaded apps.. So, after a backup with rfbackup, and a hard reset, I was able to load the bare essentials I use classic for back on : my palm contactsDB, vehicle log, worldmate with no more issues.. Some others seem to cause the crashes.. A full restore didn't work, which is why I stuck to the bare necessities (for me anyway). Hope this helps some..
    God help me... I may actually try this. I guess I'll see if my own instructions in the Audible.com and the Pre thread work when I try to reinstall it.

We are getting long on no news from Classic/Motion again...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Classic seems to work fine for me with 1.3.1. I see no changes in stability. I am able to run Passwords Plus, Warfare Inc., Benchmark, etc. I haven't tried hotsyncing yet, nor any app with audio.

As far as the install default apps crashing, I had that same issue with earlier versions of webos and classic. I was able to get around it by trying it multiple times.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Yeah but hotsyncing is a requirement for most of us.
    Palm IIIxe → Palm Tungsten T5 → Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Did a hard reset. have Keysuite, Pocket Quicken and AIRoboform working and hot syncing. So far not crashing.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    God help me... I may actually try this. I guess I'll see if my own instructions in the Audible.com and the Pre thread work when I try to reinstall it.

We are getting long on no news from Classic/Motion again...
    If you did end up doing the hard reset, did Audible start working for you? I'm also not able to use Audible in Classic after the WebOS 1.3.1 update (worked great before w/NoDoze), and am willing to go the hard reset route if I have to. Any success?
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Sigh, after finally getting WebOS 1.3.1 on our UK GSM phone and updated and installed it, expecting to find MotionApps Classic no longer asking for update (and it did not), it showed a 'Thanks for activating it' (as I had bought and paid for it) and found that it has been reset within Classic to have lost all my PalmOS apps I installed and then of course the phone resets, as been said by other users.

So, currently each time I open MotionApps Classic, my phone/WebOS resets. And even if it did not, all the previously installed PalmOS applications are no longer there.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Yup, same here. And I'd updated SplashID with new info and that's gone. I'll have to write the info down while I still remember it!

Andrew
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    same with my german pre after updating to 1.3.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Yup, same here. And I'd updated SplashID with new info and that's gone. I'll have to write the info down while I still remember it!

Andrew
    Very sorry to hear this. We received the same report from other users too and are working on it together with few other issues that Classic now encounters.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    I found on another thread that a hard reset in classic fixes this issue, but ofcourse you lose all your data and loaded apps.. So, after a backup with rfbackup, and a hard reset, I was able to load the bare essentials I use classic for back on : my palm contactsDB, vehicle log, worldmate with no more issues.. Some others seem to cause the crashes.. A full restore didn't work, which is why I stuck to the bare necessities (for me anyway). Hope this helps some..
    Update: this still works for me with one exception: when I am booting classic when I first get in my car, if the bluetooth is still negotiating it crashes classic... have to either have classic running or wait until the phone is hooked up with the car before running classic ( i did mention I use it mostly for the vehicle log).
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    given I bought Classic for one single purpose...which it performed well before the last update... I wonder how long we should go without before refunds are processed? Not asking with 'attitude'. I am serious.

Right this minute, I'd be happy to donate whatever I get back to the guy who wrote CheckBook. Best app available and keeps getting better...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I haven't tried safe mode yet, but I've been getting the illegal op, 9 times out of 10. C'mon Motion Apps, what's the story?

-JerryG
    OK, safe mode is much better (relatively speaking), but we're still a Long Way from (anywhere close to) perfect.

Sigh...
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    How is it looking for a Classic update with some stability Motion Apps? I love classic and want to be patient but I was banking on classic being functional and now that there are serious bugs, it is hard to be patient.

Are you guys also working on getting posket tunes to sync??
    Having just updated my GSM Pre from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1, generally I've not had any problems.

But, I am getting "Illegal Operation" crashes when I sync over WiFi.

So far I've isolated it to the Calendar conduit, if there are any changes to sync and DateBk6 has been run since the last crash.

As I could not sync under 1.1.3, I assume this is a new problem with 1.3.1 ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Having just updated my GSM Pre from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1, generally I've not had any problems.

But, I am getting "Illegal Operation" crashes when I sync over WiFi.

So far I've isolated it to the Calendar conduit, if there are any changes to sync and DateBk6 has been run since the last crash.

As I could not sync under 1.1.3, I assume this is a new problem with 1.3.1 ?
    The 1.3.1 issue “scope” does not include HotSync – at least that’s what we learned so far.

Did you talk to our support about syncing? If not, please contact them to check the syncing procedure and see what happens in your case. We might be able to shed some light on this.
    Follow us on Twitter

I received the illegal operation error just as I was about to hotsync via Bluetooth today. I had to reset the phone as it froze. After resetting, I was able to successfully hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaforgione View Post
    Classic and audible simply are not meshing on the 1.3.1 update. Constant crashe withClassic. Illegal Operations. I love my audible and it had been working like a charm berfore. Now I get about 1-2 minutes before it crashes.
    check out page 4 of this thread - an audible workaround until the update...

http://forums.precentral.net/officia...s-going-4.html

let us know if it works for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    The 1.3.1 issue “scope” does not include HotSync – at least that’s what we learned so far.
    Hate to tell you this, but, in my case, it seems to -- at least intermittently (and isn't that always the way it is?).
    feel free to tell us anything, it only helps. We didn’t recreate this in our lab so far, but will keep this in the list of potential issues caused by 1.3.1, and further investigate
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast